• 119 comments
Volkswagen Golf 1 GTI' 83 Swap 700pp

Parts: Wide body
Front: A
Side: A
Rear: A
Wings: B

Updated 27/04/23

Small tips: Do not pull too much on the 1st gear otherwise your tires may suffer! Braking is not up to this engine so do not forget to anticipate!

This little bomb is able to complete a lap of the Nurburgring in 6.45:xxx since the 1.31 update.
Unfortunately the engine torque no longer allows you to drive with harder tires with the racing soft tires.

700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 01.jpg

Racing Hard setup:

700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 02.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 03.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 04.jpg

Racing Medium setup:

700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 05.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 06.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 07.jpg

Racing Soft setup:

700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 08.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 09.jpg
700PP Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 Swap 10.jpg

Last edited:
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 600pp

Rear: Stock
Wings: Custom

I only made one sport soft version with this new setting.
It performs very well in this configuration.

The soft sports version does not really improve handling and loses a lot of power.
For this reason I did not post it.

Updated 27/04/23

600PP Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 01.jpg

600PP Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 02.jpg
600PP Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 03.jpg
600PP Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 04.jpg

Last edited:
Bonjour JC,
I tried today your tunes for Golf GTI 1 on these European cup 500pp races and Golf GTI 14 on the European clubman 600pp races. Managed to win all (normal difficulty) and it was really good fun to drive these FF cars. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Renault Mégane R.S. Trophy '11 600pp

Wings: A

View attachment 1230663

Settings with Sport Soft tires:

View attachment 1230664

View attachment 1230665

View attachment 1230666

Settings with Sport Medium tires:

View attachment 1230667

View attachment 1230668
Just tried this tune with the Megane safety car, it packs a bit more torque than base model. 1'55" on Sardegna, not bad for a 600pp! It just has tendency to understeer and needs to be careful at last turn not to eat grass.

Bonjour JC,
I tried today your tunes for Golf GTI 1 on these European cup 500pp races and Golf GTI 14 on the European clubman 600pp races. Managed to win all (normal difficulty) and it was really good fun to drive these FF cars. Thanks a lot for sharing!
Thanks for your feedback, glad you like it! 👌
Just tried this tune with the Megane safety car, it packs a bit more torque than base model. 1'55" on Sardegna, not bad for a 600pp! It just has tendency to understeer and needs to be careful at last turn not to eat grass.
I had forgotten that one!
I'll take a look at it this week to see what happens 👍.

I will update some settings to avoid understeer on acceleration using the customizable DGL.

Thank you for your return.

Last edited:
super je suis grave intéressé par les voitures a traction avant.Mr praino lui ne fait pas les ff mais j ai du respect pour lui.

Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8)' 20 600pp

View attachment 1230641

Settings with Sport Soft tires:

View attachment 1230871

View attachment 1230643

View attachment 1230644

Settings with Sport Medium tires:

View attachment 1230872

View attachment 1230646
Thank you so much! Finally I found great tunes for those FF cars! In this one I reduce front downforce, I add SH and High RPM turbo and manage to win Tokyo. Poor too speed, but it turns like a dream with a great acceleration too. Thank you again.

super je suis grave intéressé par les voitures a traction avant.Mr praino lui ne fait pas les ff mais j ai du respect pour lui.
Je suis un grand fan de Praiano et d'autres tuners également. 👌
Je suis triste qu'il ne s'occupe pas des FF mais je respecte son choix vu tout ce qu'il apporte à notre communauté .
Du coup ça m'a poussé à ouvrir ce garage pour combler ce manque. 👍

Par contre, c'est un forum anglophone donc on doit parler anglais ici😉.
Si tu le souhaites, on peut toujours échanger en français en Mp.
Thank you so much! Finally I found great tunes for those FF cars! In this one I reduce front downforce, I add SH and High RPM turbo and manage to win Tokyo. Poor too speed, but it turns like a dream with a great acceleration too. Thank you again.
Hi, I hesitated to do a 600pp SH setting for this Civic although it holds the road very well.
Glad you tried it 👌.
Feel free to post your setting if you want to share it 👍.

Hello Maestro! Could you please make this 700? Is it possible? I see lots of reserve in the engine. Would be great for Le Mans! 🙂
Hi Szami, I'm not a master but still learning. Thank you anyway for the compliment!
I'm working on a new version of my settings as I've noticed some instability at high speeds with FF cars.
Regarding the golf swap 700pp, I'm still busy adjusting it as well, because it's not easy to manage so much power on a traction.
Wheel slippage forces me to lengthen the gearbox ratios to be able to make the most of it.
In addition, braking does not follow accordingly so you have to anticipate.
I remain convinced that I can get something out of it.
I've already done some tests at Le Mans, the power and consumption are working wonders, I just need a little more time to finalize the settings, so a little more patience!

The new version of the Golf 1 GTI swap is available!

Parts level, it is necessary to add the 3 levels of lightening of the chassis.

This variant replaces the 600pp version. It is capable of running on the Nurburgring in 6.40:xxx and in 4.04:xxx on Le Mans 👍.

Do not hesitate to post your comments.

Last edited:

This variant replaces the 600pp version. It is capable of running on the Nurburgring in 6.40:xxx and in 4.04:xxx on Le Mans 👍.

Great performance and stability. A pleasure to drive. Thanks a lot! 👌

Last edited:

Great idea, that you have made 3 versions. The more turny the track, the less power, but more stability helps. One car for all tracks! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8)' 20 700pp

View attachment 1230690

View attachment 1230691

View attachment 1230692

View attachment 1230693
Nice tune but pp nowhere near as high as yours. I've added titanium rod special part. Just under 700pp with no ballast.

I've used Google and some common sense to translate amd confident all parts are correct. Only one I'm unsure on is turbo - is it high? Not that that will effect pp anyway as I've compared it to medium...

Looking forward to trying more of these out!!

Thanks for your return 👍.
I used a high turbo for this setting.
Nevertheless, I am in the process of redoing my settings to make them more effective.
I will update my settings as soon as they are ready 👍.

Althouh I don't speak it 😔, I like the French screenshots. In fact, it is better for me than Praiano's to the extent that the units of measure are not English ones, so the comparison is easier to our metric. 🙂

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just updated new versions of the following cars:

-Volkswagen Golf GTI '14 600pp
-Volkswagen Scirocco R'10 600pp
-Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition FK8 '20 700pp

They have become more efficient, more stable at high speeds and more fun to drive;).
You be the judge, your comments are welcome👍!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just updated new versions of the following cars:

-Volkswagen Golf GTI '14 600pp
-Volkswagen Scirocco R'10 600pp
-Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition FK8 '20 700pp

They have become more efficient, more stable at high speeds and more fun to drive;).
You be the judge, your comments are welcome👍!
The positive difference can be clearly felt in all three cars. Congratulations! 🙂

Very interesting tunes! Which is your fastest 600pp? And 550? Thanks, it's very hard to find out FF cars setups!
Hi Tony, first of all thank you for your interest in my thread👍.
I made this garage because not many people are interested in pull-ups and I was frustrated that I didn't have good settings for this category😭.

As for the fastest cars, I don't have a ranking in front of me.
From memory in the 600pp category the fastest on the Nurburgring are the Renault Mégane RS, the Honda Integra Type R Swap.
There's a Volkswagen too, but I don't know if it's the Golf or the Scirocco.
They are able to run in less than 7.20:xxx.
The slowest are not far behind (less than 10 seconds).

In the 550pp class, I'm redoing all the cars and haven't been able to test them all yet.
Nevertheless the fastest turn in less than 07.40:xxx.
I think the Polo GTI, the Clio RS were among them.

After all, it's not because a car is very fast on the Nurburgring that it will be the best everywhere.
On this circuit, the car must have good road holding in bends but also a good top speed.
On other more technical circuits and with less straight lines, other cars would be in front like the Honda Civic type R FK8, very fast in corners but with a poor top speed.

As a result, it would be necessary to classify the cars for each circuit and to average the results to know which is the best or at least the most homogeneous.

Do not hesitate to ask me if you have other questions, it is with pleasure that I will try to answer them👍.

Back