• 4 comments

JDMKING13

PGTR Realistic Club
Premium
United States
Edison NJ
jdmking13
Lucid killer 58
Whats up FM community I will be doing a series of reviews, stories, community features rides, and anything else that might spark some interest. I will say this now I cannot take pictures for my life:lol:! I still have fun taking them and giving them realistic stories behind them. The first review is going to be my personal car in FM6 and the build behind it hope you enjoy 👍.

Preview
The Come Up.

23122268704_9b80127d2d_z.jpg

There comes a point in life where you have to stop thinking about everyone and take care of yourself. These were the thoughts running through my head as I approached my wife on a new project I had in mind. I knew we had around 10k in one of our savings account, even though it was for our vacation. I felt if I was persistent I possibly could use it for a car! Obviously she didn't say yes on the first go, however after asking 100 times during the day, and the fact of we were not going on vacation this year due to an busy work schedule she caved in!($)

I was extremely happy to have access to 10k, but my next problem was what to buy? Preferably I was looking for an FR layout with decent power and handling. I knew 10k wasn't a lot, but it still could get me a descent ride. I didn't want to finance a car, however I was willing to if the opportunity presented itself. I knew finding a used car from a private owner could be a pain. There are so many aspects to worry about, but then again as we all know beggars can't be choosers. This was my project anyway and I was in it for the long run. After a month of going to different dealerships and talking to different private owners I had no luck finding a car. I knew car hunting was a challenge but damn, it seemed as it was always something. I saw a couple of nice Z's but they were automatic trans, I thought I was going to get this nice Rx-7 but the motor was completely dead, I didn't understand how he wanted that much money with a dead motor. I told myself I'm not looking anymore, if I was meant to get a car the opportunity would come to light. That opportunity took 6 months.

23675071392_b6c966cab0.jpg

Z was looking nice a the dealership to bad it was automatic.

23155382104_da29047eac.jpg

The BRZ definitely had me thinking twice heard many good things about the car.

23675182042_a27b4c9ef5.jpg

Don't be fooled by the tire tracks he pushed the car on the grass. :grumpy:

23415740429_cc7147e443.jpg

Visited a high end dealership... A man can only dream.

During the 6 month wait I craved getting a car, however I did manage to save an extra 7k. I was sitting close to 20k which made me happy, but I still wasn't close to attaining a car. It's crazy how things work sometimes. On a Friday afternoon my friend VXR texted me he knew somebody selling a Nissan 240SX, and that he needed gone by the following week. I have grown too really like Nissan's. I have always loved the 180SX (Japan version) I had to check this car out. Once I got the information I found out it was only an hour away, I rushed there to take a look at the Silvia. As I came to the last minute of the GPS crappy direction I could finally see the car. From far the car looked pretty good, as I walked closer that changed immediately.

The car was dirty as hell with dull red paint, the rear quarter panel had a little rust and the fender was defiantly involved in a bender. I was thinking to myself OK maybe the motor is special... nope an stock KA I couldn't believe I came out here for this 🤬 I was thinking to myself. Once the owner came outside, he started giving me some history about the car. As he talked the words were going through one ear and out the other.

23675068852_08966ef894_z.jpg

The 240 obviously been through some trauma. That's going to take some work to fix. :scared:

23121997664_7480bd0822_z.jpg

Some damage to the fender more work to add to the repair list...

23488291600_48f063f744_z.jpg

I understand they are 15's but can't they at least be clean.

This was until he told me what he wanted for the car. He told me give him 600 dollars and I can take the car. I was shocked;:eek: I knew something had to be wrong. He said he got a job opportunity across the country, and had to get rid of the car ASAP. I asked if I could drive the car which he had no problem with. Shockingly besides some little quirks here and there the car ran pretty good. The motor had high mileage, but still ran pretty smoothly. Even though the body needed work there was no way I could pass up this deal. I gave him the cash and took the 240 home excited to finally start my project. During the drive home I couldn't stop thinking to myself ... Damn what a Come Up.

23155906704_b423fb2747_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back