JeepXJFreak's 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
Hey all,
So last Friday (at the time of this post), I stumbled across this car on the Facebook Marketplace. Funny story was that it wasn't listed in the cars, but rather the miscellaneous section. The sale price was listed as $5,400, and it was only about 10 minutes away from my house.

BlO1WYV.jpg

This particular Crown Vic was used by the New Hampshire State Police Department's detective unit, and was auctioned off at their local auction with 152,000 miles on it. The buyers ended up bringing it all the way back to Massachusetts (where I live), and only owned it for about 2 months. The guy who I bought it from was planning on buying a 1971 Chevrolet Stepside to work on, but needed the money for all of the overhaul work. So he ended up putting it on the marketplace.

It was actually my dad that found the car while he was browsing the marketplace. After work I immediately took out the money I needed and went straight to the house. When I got there I was greeted by the buyer who was very friendly, as well as his dad who was actually the legal owner of the vehicle. Tucked away in their large Warehouse garage was the Crown Vic. He let me put it up on the lift so I could get a good look at the undercarriage, and then proceeded to let me take it for a test drive.

In the quick 15-minute test drive that I took, I immediately fell in love with this car. The 4.6 liter Flex Fuel V8 felt incredibly responsive as I put it through its paces, and despite weighing over 4000 lbs, she held the road beautifully. And then there's the cabin; it is absolutely huge. There's enough room for anything that you could think of.

Once we got back to the house it was time for negotiation. The buyer was very stuck on $5,200, so in the end that's what I ended up paying for it.

Pg0PLVR.jpg

Probably the best part about owning a retired police interceptor is not how it performs, but rather the reactions that I get from everybody. Police officers love it, to the point where they even flash their lights at me thinking that I'm a cop. Civilians give me absolutely no trouble, and gladly move out of the way for what they think is a cop car. I've even had several people compliment it and how good it looks. You really do feel like a proud tiger behind the wheel of this authoritative land yacht.

As far as the actual ride is concerned, it's incredibly comfortable. Where I work, you are required to drive around to all of the gas stations in the area and log their prices. The roads that I drive on are not very well maintained at all.

My previous car, a 1998 Jeep Cherokee, did not enjoy navigating the brutal potholes and bumps. Every bump felt like the car was going to either fall apart or just shoot me through the windshield. It was very unpleasant to say the least.

With the Ford Crown Vic however, it's an entirely different scenario. Thanks to the tuned up suspension that all police interceptors come with, it practically glided over all the bumps. Muuuuch better.

As far as future changes are concerned, I have a few in mind. I'm definitely going to see about picking up either a Flowmaster or Borla exhaust kit, and getting a remote starter will definitely be a nice thing to have. There are a few scratches and very small dents on the vehicle but those can easily be worked out.

To conclude, to anyone out there who is on the fence about buying one, I would honestly say go for it. The Ford Crown Victoria is quite unlike any other vehicle out there, especially one that served and protected.

mftzGk2.jpg

Ended up taking her to a body shop to have the front bumper looked at. Noticed it was drooping down, and found out that the push bar was installed completely wrong. Not to mention the entire bumper cover was offset because of it.

Got her back today:
cHWYbae.jpg

I loved reading your article my husband passed Christmas Eve..he owned a 2010 crown Victoria police interceptor..he loved it..I am now it's only owner..I don't know what to do with it.. should I keep it or sell..not in a hurry

Back