Jeff Gordon Special

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gumuz
  • 10 comments
  • 1,695 views
Messages
200
Messages
Gumuz
Ok, im using a pad, i just about managed to get bronze in the beginner events and now im on the 3rd intermediate event, the one which involves driving on the outside with cones. It is near impossible to be delicate enough to not hit the cones or ride the wall. Anyone with a pad got any tips.
 
yeah i cant seem to stay on the yellow line either i make it through the corner then hit a cone or go off the yellow
 
I haven't gotten to the event you are talking about yet, but I did get golds in both NASCAR beginner events with a controller. What helped me was being as smooth as possible on the left-stick. You've got to find the position at which the stick can be held in place and have the car take almost the whole turn without having to move the stick again (unless there's a car in your way ofcourse). Fiddling with the stick too much just led to me completely losing control of the car.

Hope that helps!
 
I haven't gotten to the event you are talking about yet, but I did get golds in both NASCAR beginner events with a controller. What helped me was being as smooth as possible on the left-stick. You've got to find the position at which the stick can be held in place and have the car take almost the whole turn without having to move the stick again (unless there's a car in your way ofcourse). Fiddling with the stick too much just led to me completely losing control of the car.

Hope that helps!

I'll give it a go abit later, but i have tried being smooth as possible, let me know how you get on with the intermediate challenges.
 
I'm using a wheel and couldn't gold the beginner multiple car challenge. I got impatient after about 5 attempts and just settled for bronze. Is there a trick for getting past them all. I just couldn't seem to find a line that would get me past all of them. I also found it hard not to oversteer and get out of the draft.
 
Another GTPer from SK!! I'm in the capital :)

It took me about 4-5 tries to gold it. I passed the first car (red) on the outside by drafting behind the next car (blue). Hit the turn and half way through it, got out of the draft and passed the blue car on the inside.

The next part was the trickiest for me, as I tended to lose control getting back on to the straight and trying to draft behind the first and second place cars. Again, the best advice I could give would be to not to try and 'over-control' the car. I gold-ed that event by making as few changes in position to the stick as possible.

Let me know how you do.
 
Throttle control is crucial at indy, i tapped the brakes to shave off some speed, applied the power again and then held the stick just enough to get the car going around the corner then held it there. I held it there in faith while instinct told me i was going to hit the barrier. As soon as your coming out of the corner straighten it up immediately. Constantly adjusting the steering the corner takes to much time off in my opinion, get it right in turn in and hold there till exit.

By the way which buttons are throttle and braking assigned to? L2 and R2 are what i'm using.
 
That's interesting! I didn't use the brakes at all!

cross - accelerate
square - brake
 
Another GTPer from SK!! I'm in the capital :)

It took me about 4-5 tries to gold it. I passed the first car (red) on the outside by drafting behind the next car (blue). Hit the turn and half way through it, got out of the draft and passed the blue car on the inside.

The next part was the trickiest for me, as I tended to lose control getting back on to the straight and trying to draft behind the first and second place cars. Again, the best advice I could give would be to not to try and 'over-control' the car. I gold-ed that event by making as few changes in position to the stick as possible.

Let me know how you do.

Nice to see you.

I tried about 4 times. Found I could draft the first two cars, but when I would go out to pass they wouldn't let me back in. Then I would draft behind the red car, but that would only get me to 3rd. I found even with a wheel that it was hard to not oversteer. Does getting gold unlock anything extra other than just more cash?

I'm going to Grey Cup tomorrow night so I don't think I'll have much time to play for a few days now.
 
As far as I can remember, it's just more cash and more xp so you level up quicker. I don't think it unlocks anything else, although every time I went into these events I would get the gold and level up. So, when I came back to the GT Life home page I would get a bunch of bonuses, and I cant remember if any one of them was specifically for getting gold in that event.

GO RIDERS!
 
I haven't gotten to the event you are talking about yet, but I did get golds in both NASCAR beginner events with a controller. What helped me was being as smooth as possible on the left-stick. You've got to find the position at which the stick can be held in place and have the car take almost the whole turn without having to move the stick again (unless there's a car in your way ofcourse). Fiddling with the stick too much just led to me completely losing control of the car.

Hope that helps!

This. Dont keep flicking the analogue stick to the left, instead just keep it held slightly to the left and slightly adjust as needed when going round the bend.
 
Back