• Thread starter Joey D
  • 9 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28843412/jessi-combs-killed-in-land-speed-record-crash/

Combs was piloting a 52,000hp jet car on the Alvord Desert in Oregon when it crashed. She was just 36 and a certified badass when it came to motorsports.

I'm definitely shocked over this, but I'm pretty sad too. I had the opportunity to meet Jessi at last year's SEMA show. There really wasn't much of a line to see her, so I figured I get a quick photo with her. We ended up talking for a bit about Utah, the stupid drinking laws here, and about trails in Moab until someone else showed up about 10 minutes later. Compared to some of the other celebrities I met there, she seemed to be the only one who really took the time with her fans and was really genuine.

I looked through my photos and found the pic I took with her. It's still really sad to know that she died.

n3TN4kz.jpg

Absolute legend, not just as a driver, but as a human, as well as an inspiration, by being insanely successful in this mostly male-dominated passion we call motorsports. The performance and off-roading communities especially have suffered a huge loss.

She did this interview with HOONIGAN a couple years ago, and it really shows how passionate and animated Jessi Combs was. According to their Instagram, they're trying to get permission to upload the full interview to their channel.

On an unrelated note, I really hate my laptop.

The article is wrong, she was actually 39.

That interview she did with Hoonigan is well worth watching... she will be sorely missed. :(

Latest Posts

Back