Jetsons The Movie 2009

  • Thread starter Thread starter fc3s
  • 10 comments
  • 3,259 views
Messages
183
Messages
PhaPhil
I just heard about this, Its supposed to be a live action version. I hope they get Danny Devito as Mr Spacely, He is made for this role. Anyway It has to be better than the animated movie that was released in 1990.

Cant wait to see the flying cars that transform into a little suitcases.

:indiff: feeling old now :indiff:
 
I have a terrible feeling about this movie after seeing Speed Racer's recreation.
 
No no no no no. What the hell is going on with the movie industry? The Jetsons!? Really!? No wonder people are staying away from theaters so much.
 
Why? (but not directed to Rumple Foreskin)

Much of its charm will be lost if the movie is in fact live-action; the humourous proportions of some of the characters are trademarks.
 
Between this and the G.I. Joe movie, it makes me wonder if Hollywood realizes that the Writer's Strike is over. Its not as if Speed Racer was any good (or made any money), so why do they keep trying? Is it just because Transformers did make money (while not being any good)?


I do, however, disagree with this:

superberkut
Much of its charm will be lost if the movie is in fact live-action; the humourous proportions of some of the characters are trademarks.
Ignoring the fact that in this case the Jetsons movie will suck by default, regardless of if it ends up being an hour and a half CGI fest, I disagree with the notion that live action would ruin the movie. Certainly there is a greater chance of a cartoon movie sucking when it is live action, but cartoon adaptations have been done quite well in the past (meaning the 1990s) when they were redone in live action.
 
First Speed Racer, now this?

Boy, they sure know how to capitalize on trends at the peak of their popularity. :indiff:

One show from the 70's. Another from the 80's? Next they're going to remake "Pole-Position", and/or "Duck Tales".

Certainly there is a greater chance of a cartoon movie sucking when it is live action, but cartoon adaptations have been done quite well in the past (meaning the 1990s) when they were redone in live action.

Examples?


;)
 
I see what he said. So, Scooby-Doo?

I imagine that Rosie the Robot Maid would look quite different...
 
Between this and the G.I. Joe movie, it makes me wonder if Hollywood realizes that the Writer's Strike is over. Its not as if Speed Racer was any good (or made any money), so why do they keep trying? Is it just because Transformers did make money (while not being any good)?

Well, I think all of that there is absolutely debatable.

- The GI Joe movie has been in the works for years, so whether its happening now or ten years ago shouldn't make that big of a mark on it. Yes, they're capitalizing on my childhood... But when is that any different than before?

Flash Gordon rings a bell from my parent's generation...

- The thing is, Speed Racer was something that depended on the person. I haven't seen it, but I've heard from people who have that it wasn't too bad. I have a fair bit of confidence in it doing better on DVD than in theaters, especially with the Blu-Ray crowd, as I'm sure it will be absolutely perfect to demonstrate the clarity of the format.

Meh. It was a very well-done movie, its just a shame that it wasn't written well. For that matter, that they played it off as a kids movie. It should have been darker and more adult, period.

- Transfomers, at least in my opinion, is not the model they're going after. Again, that is an IP that had been in the works for over a decade before it landed in Speilberg's lap. Good or not, at least in the fanboy's eyes, the overwhelming majority of people who saw it liked it... And saw it a few more times... And gave the studios ample reasoning to make more. Two more as a matter of fact.

The good news is that the next one is supposed to be more about the Autobots than the people, and if it doesn't work, so be it. I liked the first one a lot, and I'm sure I'll like the second one.

====

I certainly am in the camp that says "Hollywood is out of ideas," but at the same time, I like seeing some of these things coming to life again. The Jetsons is an absolutely terrible idea, it was not a cartoon held in high regard by comparison to say The Flintstones or Scooby Doo, but people will see it. Sadly...

The next big thing?

bananasplits.jpg


Now THERES a REFERENCE!!!
 
You have seriously gotta be joking me right?

The Jetsons movie should be made animated and NOTHING ELSE! I can seriously see this classic being ruined totally :(.
 
The Jetsons sucked to begin with. And therefore, by simple, logical deduction, I deduce this film with resemble a giant kitty turd!
 
I hate that there is going to be a Jetsons movie. What's next the Snorks?
 
Back