JGTC300 races

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3-Wheel Drive
  • 10 comments
  • 968 views
Messages
1,795
I just bought the Toyota WedsSport Celica, and I've been looking for some good races for it to go in. I've seen a post about the WedsSport being a good challenge in the Dream Car cup, but there any other good races for JGTC300 cars? Most of the JGTC races seem to be 500s.
What other races can the 300s be competive in w/o being overkill/totally stomped?
 
laguna seca enduro....i used the Garaiya 300 JGTC car stock for it.....for 167pts...was a good race
 
Well it's tough, but Tokyo R249 300km endurance has been done in a GT300 machine.
 
Try the 24hr of nurburgring I think cars are similar but the races is exhausting.
 
Check HERE: 3-Wheel Drive...maybe you'll have better luck than I did 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif
 
For the 12+hr races I'm going to use an overpowered car in B-spec to guarantee a win. I simply cannot take driving the same track for anything over 3 hours. :indiff:
But the Leguna and Tokyo enduro sound intriguing...
 
Grand Valley 300km? I bet you could win that in a fast GT300.
 
Old Geezer
Check HERE: 3-Wheel Drive...maybe you'll have better luck than I did 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif

I'll give it a shot, Old Geezer, and I'll tell you my results (good or bad) in the next day or so.
I don't think I'll do as well as you, though. I'm not nearly the level driver you are, (even all silvers in the licenses would be very difficult for me) but I'll try. Who knows?
 
As luftrofl has said, try the Grand Valley 300km. Just do an oil change and make sure that Nissan Motul Pitwork Z isn't in the line-up. 👍
 
well, any 300km/200mile race is great fun in Amemiya RX-7. great looking car, and you just have to love the howl of that 2l wankel!
 
I tried the Grand Valley 300 in the Amemiya RX-7 and no, the Motul Pitwork Z wasn't in the line-up. But the even more powerful RX-7 LM was. I could match his speed but my tires got killed one lap too early. :(
 
Back