JH racing's workshop : Lasse's EVO, brakes and wheels

• Thread starter H3dlund
  • 2 comments
J_Hedlund
Based on a true story, or not..

Hi! I'm the owner of JH Racing, we're a small workshop based in Sweden. Over the years we've became focused more and more to race and enthusiast cars. Everyday service jobs is a good income, but we like to do what we are good at. Make cool cars fast!

I've many years of racing behind me, thanks to this i've got my knowledge the hard way from building cars and struggling with errors at the race tracks. Also gotten many useful contacts all over the world. Here you can follow my journey from wrenching, racing to everyday events that happens in the shop. Hope you will like it!

Garage.jpg

Chapters:
Road trip
Lasse's EVO, brakes and wheels

Last edited:
Road trip

A car that means a lot to me is the AE86, i'm basically grown up in one. We always had one in the family, rally or racecar. Today i have one totally stock Corolla Levin in mint condition, this car is a gift from TRD japan to my father. He got it after he retired from his rally career.

To bad i haven't had my own racer yet, only built and repaired them. The Levin is a heritage after my father passed away. Theese cars is super expensive today, so i have been looking for a good object for a very long time. Got a tip about a potential car in Bergen - Norway, a 11 h long journey. I contacted the owner and decided to go check it out. The shop's race-trailer is out on duty so i decided to take a road trip with dad's old Levin.

ae86gasstation_edit_189206131214358.jpg

The first of many stops for gas and sausages. I hear many in the states whining about fuel prices, you should come visit Europe. 😁

ba7276e3ad2a3e87788162fe10f85528_photo_edit_189260148820600.jpg

Here she is! This is a RHD JDM version, it's imported by the Norweigan guy. He bought it to use as fun street car for the weekends. But his motivation went when the engines main bearings went. It have been stored outside his work since that happened 2 years ago. Because of that it looks terrible, not much rust tough.

People will probably think i'm mental, traveling for 11h and paying a big amount of money for a 80's corolla with a blown engine. 😂 But theese cars is super rare over here, they were never sold here in Scandinavia.

I bought it!

6416c61340631b2dfa8bf61836dc35ad_photo_edit_189168228513322.jpg

After a long day i checked in at a small hotel in Bergen. Went up early after a good nights sleep and many toughts about how to start build the car. Norweigan roads is awesome with this car, many tight and twisty roads and beatiful spots.

Here's a good shot i took nearby a lake during the trip home, this is going up on my office wall! 🙂

More of whats gonna happen to the new AE86 when my trailer have picked it up.

Last edited:
Lasse's EVO, brakes and wheels

My good friend and customer Lasse called me and needed some help. He recently got his hands of a Lancer EVO TME '99 in good condition. But as always with old cars it needed some fixes. Lasse wanted me to restore the wheels, put new tires on and upgrade the brakes.

IMG_20220421_063223.jpg

Not the prettiest sight with theese wheels on this car. They seem to have seen some abuse over the years.

IMG_20220422_185827.jpg

Took off the tires from the wheels and drove them to my partner Nilssons plåt & lack. I use them for help with chassi work like welding structural parts or change body parts. They also do roll rages and painting cars and parts etc.

During the time they refurbish the wheels i started to work on the brakes. Lasse does a lot of track days so we decided to upgrade to new ventilated brembo discs & brembo sport pads. We also took apart the calipers and put in new brake piston and seals. Flushed the system with new racing brake fluid from Motul to withstand the heat after a hard session on the track. New tires went on when all was done, we choosed to go for Hankook Ventus RS-4, a good mix for track & street.

IMG_20220421_063145.jpg

Feelings after a quick testride, damn this handles nice! Feels very good balanced.

IMG_20220421_203951.jpg

Closeup on the wheels refurbished and done. 🙂

IMG_20220421_214344.jpg
Bonus shot. 👌

The AE86 is gonna be delivered to the shop next week. My race trailer is going to delivery a car to Norway this weekend, so my driver is picking up the Corolla on the same trip. 😁

Last edited:
Back