- 5,964

- Reading
- cutback73
- cutback73
So, I am delighted to announce the first car tests are completed.
I have been running a poll on my other video thread for the cars to be tested. VOTE FOR either EU, Asian/Australasian or US cars either there or on this here thread.
The first vote was for an Asian/Australasian car so the Toyota FT-1 Concept was chosen to initiate the testing. Well I can't wait to see the results, can you
As a reminder the tests will be the following:
Each car will be stock (or with minimal mileage for the really expensive cars)
other than for a change of paint where desired.
Everything else will be stock from the showroom, including the tyres acquired with the vehicle.
For each car selected for testing (initially only "premium" cars will be tested) I will be running the following regime:
1) An initial series of Race events in Career mode if there is an appropriate race to enter, to enable me to get atleast a little used to the handling of each vehicle, and to earn credits towards the next vehicle.
2) A time trial on one of 3 world tracks, the best of 3 laps will be taken as the test time. To provide what I hope will be interesting results, I have decided testing will be on the
Willow Springs (Big Willow) track for US vehicles, Mount Panorama (Bathurst) for Asian or
Australasian vehicles and the Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit for European vehicles.
There should be enough Premium vehicles in each region category to keep this interesting and provide a suitable range of individual lap times over a period of time.
3) Time trial challenge at Goodwood Hillclimb track (Festival of Speed) (best of 3 valid runs)
4) Top speed test and Lap time at Route X (tested at dawn because it looks more coooooooool that way)
Clearly the top speed test cannot be more precise than to the nearest mph until PD decide to return the speed tests from GT5 - if they do this in the future, I will adapt the testing regime accordingly... (fingers crossed someone at PD reads this
)
All of this will be collated on a spreadsheet including the Goodwood and Route X leaderboards and I will post the results on here when available.
I must state that my skill level isn't great, even after 15 years of playing Gran Turismo. So, yes, I will be using some aids on these cars, including sacre bleu the SRF option, though even I don't use the driving line or active steering...
And yes I know this may mean that my results are not "scientific" enough for some viewers but my skill level has to be taken into account in this testing regime...
First up we have the Toyota GT-1. A great looking concept in the eyes of this beholder, though all the jagged curves are not everyone's cup of darjeeling. As everyone else was testing and videoing the car in red, I of course acquired a "mint" mint grey version from the seasonal event...
First up the Goodwood time... Not the easiest car to handle, feels rather sluggish on corners, but still an ok time banked. Don't feel that I was able to get the most out of this concept though on the tight Goodwood track. Still, the time of 51.111 seconds did get me the "Three of a Kind" trophy
Secondly, the lap time for Bathurst. Again, not throwing this round the corners like I should be able to so I'm getting a distinct feeling this concept could be a lot better where it matters most - on the track!
Finally, the top speed test at Route X. And wtf, who regulated the stock car to 183mph
Thank god the concept looks so good, because the rest needs some work, atleast in stock form.
Hope you enjoy the vids and the review. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions for future cars to be tested.
The next car to be tested could be yours...
I have been running a poll on my other video thread for the cars to be tested. VOTE FOR either EU, Asian/Australasian or US cars either there or on this here thread.
The first vote was for an Asian/Australasian car so the Toyota FT-1 Concept was chosen to initiate the testing. Well I can't wait to see the results, can you
As a reminder the tests will be the following:
Each car will be stock (or with minimal mileage for the really expensive cars)
other than for a change of paint where desired.
Everything else will be stock from the showroom, including the tyres acquired with the vehicle.
For each car selected for testing (initially only "premium" cars will be tested) I will be running the following regime:
1) An initial series of Race events in Career mode if there is an appropriate race to enter, to enable me to get atleast a little used to the handling of each vehicle, and to earn credits towards the next vehicle.
2) A time trial on one of 3 world tracks, the best of 3 laps will be taken as the test time. To provide what I hope will be interesting results, I have decided testing will be on the
Willow Springs (Big Willow) track for US vehicles, Mount Panorama (Bathurst) for Asian or
Australasian vehicles and the Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit for European vehicles.
There should be enough Premium vehicles in each region category to keep this interesting and provide a suitable range of individual lap times over a period of time.
3) Time trial challenge at Goodwood Hillclimb track (Festival of Speed) (best of 3 valid runs)
4) Top speed test and Lap time at Route X (tested at dawn because it looks more coooooooool that way)
Clearly the top speed test cannot be more precise than to the nearest mph until PD decide to return the speed tests from GT5 - if they do this in the future, I will adapt the testing regime accordingly... (fingers crossed someone at PD reads this
All of this will be collated on a spreadsheet including the Goodwood and Route X leaderboards and I will post the results on here when available.
I must state that my skill level isn't great, even after 15 years of playing Gran Turismo. So, yes, I will be using some aids on these cars, including sacre bleu the SRF option, though even I don't use the driving line or active steering...
And yes I know this may mean that my results are not "scientific" enough for some viewers but my skill level has to be taken into account in this testing regime...
First up we have the Toyota GT-1. A great looking concept in the eyes of this beholder, though all the jagged curves are not everyone's cup of darjeeling. As everyone else was testing and videoing the car in red, I of course acquired a "mint" mint grey version from the seasonal event...
First up the Goodwood time... Not the easiest car to handle, feels rather sluggish on corners, but still an ok time banked. Don't feel that I was able to get the most out of this concept though on the tight Goodwood track. Still, the time of 51.111 seconds did get me the "Three of a Kind" trophy
Secondly, the lap time for Bathurst. Again, not throwing this round the corners like I should be able to so I'm getting a distinct feeling this concept could be a lot better where it matters most - on the track!
Finally, the top speed test at Route X. And wtf, who regulated the stock car to 183mph
Thank god the concept looks so good, because the rest needs some work, atleast in stock form.
Hope you enjoy the vids and the review. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions for future cars to be tested.
The next car to be tested could be yours...
