Jimbob's super Sierra classic car showcase-ART MORRISON CORVETTE ADDED, 3 Time Trial golds (17 vids)

  • Thread starter Thread starter sirjim73
  • 15 comments
  • 1,584 views

sirjim73

The Oracle
Premium
Messages
5,994
England
Reading
Messages
cutback73
Messages
cutback73
This thread will be, unsurprisingly, containing all my practice mode lap videos of the superb Circuito de la Sierra track.

The first car I took out on the track after unlocking it via the Abarth event was, as previously advised, ...



A nice leisurely drive apart from the centre of gravity being way up high.
I forgot to pack my picnic basket though...


And a second vid which includes my highest score so far on the Abarth event, 1,505,804 ...
I'm sure I could achieve higher scores if I could find a quicker way around the roadblocks on the course. Perseverance I suppose lol

[EDIT - sorry about the glitching on the Abarth vid]



Hope you enjoy the leisurely rides around Sierra. More to come soon... And please like or share on Youtube too if you like the vids :)
 
Ok, so here is my gold lap on the second event in the VW Scirocco
If it wasn't for that damn Lotus Europa getting in the way it would have been higher :banghead: :lol:

 
Here is the next in my Sierra showcase vids, this time its a car just as suited to the lake as to the course itself, the VW Schwimmwagen '42. :crazy: I upgraded the power but still it's a slow cruise in the VW and a long vid as a result :lol:



Hope you like the vid. More Sierra showcases to come soon. :gtpflag:
 
Here we have a classic in the true sense, a real labour of love producing this video :sly:

It's the legendary (super)Mario Andretti' 1948 Hudson, complete with no headlights
(perfect for that dawn setting at Sierra :lol:)

This cruise was almost as smooth as the one in Top Gun :p



More Sierra showcases to come soon. :gtpflag:
 
Coming along thick and fast now, and you can't have one VW without the other, so here is the Kubelwagon, complete with its racing car numbers (a severe case of confusion if ever I saw one :lol:)



More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Mange tout Rodney. It's the Citroen deux chevalle on parade (very slowly even after buying power ups :lol:)




More (and faster) Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Would Sir like something Italian tonight...? How about a '52 Abarth Biposto BAT1...?




If that is not to Sir's liking....

Nismooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!




More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Next up we have the Mercedes Benz 300 SL...



And as a special treat here is my gold lap in the recent seasonal lap in the Suzuki GSX/R concept thingy...




More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
The chronological next car up is the BMW 507 '57... A true classic





More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Here's the Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo concept purring loudly round the Sierra circuit :D



Time for this lap (not that anyone really cares :p) was a super fast 9m08.298 :drool:
More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Ok, so here is my gold lap on the second event in the VW Scirocco
If it wasn't for that damn Lotus Europa getting in the way it would have been higher :banghead: :lol:



what settings did you use ? wheel or controller ? that was awesome to see. thanks for posting it.
 
what settings did you use ? wheel or controller ? that was awesome to see. thanks for posting it.

Thanks for commenting. Glad you liked it. I use a DFGT wheel, I'm only an average driver though. I can't remember all the settings but I know I always drive with sensitivity at 3 and the feedback at 6 since they changed the settings.

In the end, the best way to get gold is to keep practicing and learning what the ai cars will normally do, so as to avoid them.

Will post my gold laps for challenge 3 and 4 sometime soon (haven't got gold on the latest one yet :O:lol:
 
Here is my gold run (barely) on the third Sierra Time Rally event....
Could do much better still with practice for sure.




Total points score was only 1,011,471

Hope you like the video @Hotspace 5150

I will upload the video for the fourth event when I get time to get a gold (lots to get through with all the new content released this month 👍

More Sierra videos soon. :gtpflag:
 
Just like a Classic Car Show outtake, here's another classic car running round the Sierra circuit
This time its the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster from 1960.



Time for this lap was a Quentin Wilson like (slow :lol:) 12m19.366

More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Fresh from last week's appearance driven by Jodie Kidd on Route 66 on the Classic Car Show, here's a well timed classic car running round the Sierra circuit

This time its the leg-end-ary Camaro Z28 from 1969



Time for this lap was a nearly legendary and certainly sedate... 11m17.122
More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Here's another classic running round the Sierra circuit, though the lap is somewhat sloppy and the car is now in the garage for repairs :guilty:. Must try harder for the next one.

This time around its the fantastic looking (inside and out) Art Morrison Corvette making its way around the track.



Time for this lap was 10m06.198
More Sierra showcases soon. :gtpflag:
 
Back