Johnny Herbert and Karl Wendlinger have a go at GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter The359
  • 15 comments
  • 1,986 views
Messages
3,804
United States
Macungie, PA
Messages
The359
Found this on the website of the FIA GT1 World Championship, among their many videos. Commentary Johnny Herbert takes on Swiss Racing Team Nissan's Karl Wendlinger to see who can set the best lap of Suzuka in the GT-R.

Not much to really learn and they both drive like crap, but still interesting to watch.

http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

(Not a direct link to the video, but it should be the one labeled "Johnny and Karl Wendlinger in Playstation battle")
 
Johnny Herberthas to be one of my favourite all time drivers that wasn't successful
 
Sad that they used the lame view and didnt turn off the tuning menu osd.
 
Great drivers..............
 
Sad that they used the lame view and didnt turn off the tuning menu osd.

Yeah. Where's the Sony rep? He should, at least, be telling them there are other views.

Probably it's just me, but I felt that in the chase-cam, you lose a lot of the car 'feedback'. The movement of the car feels "delayed".
 
I bet if they were driving in another view they would have done much better than that.
 
I bet if they were driving in another view they would have done much better than that.

Yeah it was a bit embarrassing to say to the least.:dopey: To think Johnny was a judge on GT academy:ouch:

I think the settings must have been all wrong. He was saying at the end that there was no feedback, was ff turned off or something? And im guessing the view didnt help. Big shame, made the game look quite kiddie in that documentary:grumpy:
 
Of course they suck they're using the chase cam (not aware of the little movements of the car) and they're wearing big shoes (you're supposed to play with socks or bare feet to get the feeling on dfgt's pedals)
 
They would fail in the virtual track in any view because they started playing one generation too late. But if they had like one week of intensive training in GT, I bet they would achieve a good starting level in GT skills thanks to their racing instinct.
 
Last edited:
Probably it's just me, but I felt that in the chase-cam, you lose a lot of the car 'feedback'. The movement of the car feels "delayed".

not just you. even though you can see your car it is far harder to place it than using bumper cam because of the feeling.
 
They would fail in the virtual track in any view because they started playing one generation too late. But if they had like one week of intensive training in GT, I bet they would achieve a good starting level in GT skills thanks to their racing instinct.


I agree, the hardest part of GT is getting used to the playstation. But the other way around is better, as using GT skills in real life is a lot easier.

EDIT: also, I lolled at the "noo look at this."
EDIT2: who are these guys, and why did I watch this video?
 
Sorry, but what a crappy steering-technique from Johnny Herbert. He nearly knots his arms.
 
Found this on the website of the FIA GT1 World Championship, among their many videos. Commentary Johnny Herbert takes on Swiss Racing Team Nissan's Karl Wendlinger to see who can set the best lap of Suzuka in the GT-R.

Not much to really learn and they both drive like crap, but still interesting to watch.

http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

(Not a direct link to the video, but it should be the one labeled "Johnny and Karl Wendlinger in Playstation battle")

Good Lord ! I'm surprised Sony let that get published, why the hell didn't someone change the view !

Who ever from Sony was in charge of that driving rig needs to be sacked, that was painfull to watch. :(
 
No one from sony was there, its was GT1 TV in charge!
 
couldnt watch it all, it was horrible! but could someone explain to me what this 'tuning menu osd' is? its the first i've heard of it.
 
Chase cam is the best view but doesn't look suitable for use with a steering wheel.
 
Back