Join a drift room to set hot laps ?

Canada
nb
bloodredsky
So I'm the guy who joins a racing soft room and makes fun of everyone for using childrens' tires(same goes for SS). IMO people that are scared to lose grip are weak/on a DS3. So my new thing is, join a room with comfort hard tires, and get in some insanely tail slappy car(F40 or yellowbird, etc) and run some pure grip hot laps. It's like reverse trolling. So much fun when you announce that you've just set a hot lap that cannot be beaten. The confusion is hilarious. Or for a backup, join a room and run a way way less grip tire,(SH in a RH room) and see if you cannot come in last.

PS: Why are people so scared to lose a bit of grip for a second ?
PPS: Yeah I know, the answer is, because people gotta go faster. Why race if there is any chance of spinning right.

So I'm the guy who joins a racing soft room and makes fun of everyone for using childrens' tires (same goes for SS).

Children's Tyres! :lol: That should be their official new name. By the way, if you like low grip racing check out Club Shuffle-Esque in my sig.

👍

I remember back in GT1 and 2, the two cars I drove the most were the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo and Suzuki Escudo.

Fastest cars in the games. You're just showing your age, that's all.

Or they're just noobs. But you shouldn't ever join a drift room to set fast times. That's why there's a point system now.

You would have got away with it if it wasn't for the lack of livery editor

dumb.jpg

CH/CM in restrictionless lobbies is about all i do when I'm not racing kei cars, but I take a considerate approach. If grip reduction is set to real and there's no congregations on either end of a straight, I see no need to leave unless the only way I can avoid being a target is by ghosting myself when I'd like to see if and when I'm laying down rubber.

I dont get why people get so passionate about the tire thing. Runnimg with little/realistic grip is fun and challenging, but i think its silly to say those who prefer grippier tires are weak. There are some cars that run way better with grippier tires, and others that feel waaaay better with low grip. i think it just depends on a player's style, preference, and what theythink of the game. kinda unfair to ruin ppeople's fun :P

I dont get why people get so passionate about the tire thing. Runnimg with little/realistic grip is fun and challenging, but i think its silly to say those who prefer grippier tires are weak. There are some cars that run way better with grippier tires, and others that feel waaaay better with low grip. i think it just depends on a player's style, preference, and what theythink of the game. kinda unfair to ruin ppeople's fun :P

The thing is that road cars on racing tyres are just broken. For example you just can't take an NSX around bathrust on RS without doing specular rolls into the scenery or braking into the dipper like there are important egg shells under the brake pedal. The physics just break and being forced into these broken physics situations makes people angry because they could be playing with beautiful unbroken physics on C tyres.

I completely understand that, there are times when grippy tires shouldn't be used. i personally place softer tires on cars after i spent a lot of time tweaking a setup with no real result. i kinda use them to make the game not so frustrating, i guess you can say. im all for letting people have fun and letting them use whatever tire they please, but its not fair to do so during a realistic race. it'd be ruining their fun, and thats not cool. I guess i may be more passionate about this tire topic than i thought XD

Oh man.This is just the thing that i dislike about some people.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is the first thing i think, after reading the OP.
"Look what i can do, look what i can do? I'm better then you!"
"Look at me, look at me, at me, at me, me me me me":bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Speaking of childish. Think about it, really think about it, don't just read, think.

The best phrase to explain it "Nobody is perfect."
For the "my name is nobody trollers"
And if your name is "Nobody", really, that's your name?
If nobody cares, you care?

Cheers.

Double post.
yesterday i watched the Supercars race of Zolder.
Guess what? it rained, racers wanted grip, some switched to Rain tires, other kept SLICKS (wait slicks is like SS tires?)
The cars with race tires got left behind.
Real racers want grip, why should we stay of the grippy tires?

and again, cheers
I'm going to shop with my daughter.
bye

It depends on the experience you're after.

Want street-legal track tires? Your best bet is CM and CS.

Want track-only tires? SH.

Want tires that the real-life dealership gives you? CH for most cars. CM and CS for the cars packing serious power.

Want (semi) slicks? SM, SS, RH, RM, RS.

Don't join a room full of racers on slicks if you're going to use tires that can't compete, and don't use slicks in a room full of Comfort tires.

Last edited:
I'm going to start with this - I'll race anything fast on any tire. As long as it is fast. I'm not into driving sideways on purpose, no matter the tire. If the rear steps out, that is fine and I will most likely catch it. But, that is another matter. I don't care what tire I am using, I don't want the rear end to be tail happy. Just like I don't want it to understeer...

With that said, people who are just as adamant about not using racing tires are equally as annoying as people who only use them. Your hot lap logic is crap and kind of weird lol.

Who is afraid of losing grip? You're interested in sliding around and trolling from what I've read...some of us are interested in racing cars that are properly planted. Sometimes this involves racing tires on racing cars...or even high power street cars.

I enjoy road tires, but I don't really bother with many road cars anymore, because the sports and comfort tires are beyond poorly modelled.

Another thing to add - some of us can actually drive balls to walls on racing tires and push them to/passed their limits without losing the car, etc. Some of us are actually very, very good with racing tires. Are you aware that it is possible to do exactly what you are on street tires, just at higher speeds and torque levels?

Take the lotus for example. Some of us who drive it extensively online have figured out ways of more or less maxing out front grip. We are pushing the tires to the point that they glow red and without the toe, camber, wing and suspension settings up front...the cars would just slide. In our cases, the cars barely move up the track.

People that complain about others who use racing tires (as if it is shameful)...they're usually people who can't push racing tires hard enough and assume walk away with the assumption that they provide too much grip. Or that it is cheating, you're afraid to lose traction (lol), and so on. These people can never recover cars on racing tires when they get in a poor situation, too. They also say they have a hard time predicting what they'll do, which is weird...because those of us who regularly drive race cars have no problem predicting them on any car. Be it road or track. Again, they're not ushing them hard enough, then they think grip is practically unlimited, push them so hard that they lose it and walk away saying/doing things like the OP.

If you are great on racing softs and mediums, ie very consistent and fast...everything else is easy, just slower.

It is stupid to adamantly complain about people who use x tires...I laugh at people who won't use them/go out of their way to make posts/say things/do things in lobbies like the OP. Whatever tire it is.

Like beating a dead horse, I swear. The weak/on ds3 comment is ridiculous. One, it puts down ds3 users. Two, it insults us wheel users who you have some whacky assumptions in our regards. Come race with us some night, if youre going to say things like that...jeez.

@332i - I think the OP is referring to lobbies with 450pp cars on RS tyres, & similar such rooms. I see many rooms like that when searching through lobbies & it does get depressing.

:)

So I'm the guy who joins a racing soft room and makes fun of everyone for using childrens' tires(same goes for SS).

So I'm the guy who joins a room with racing tyres and has fun racing other people with racing tyres, wait there I'm also the guy who joins rooms with comfort tyres and has fun racing other people with comfort tyre's.

Why are they Childrens Tyre's ? It must be my English but I don't understand why you would spend your time joining rooms your not going to enjoy, each to there own I suppose.

IMO people that are scared to lose grip are weak/on a DS3.

Wow just Wow :lol:

@VBR I don't think he is joining many 450pp rooms with that RUF, F40s, etc. lol. I'm sure it is depressing, but it seems he is just being a pain on the opposite end of the spectrum. No trolling helps. It just fuels the fire on both sides. It goes the same way with people who race with us and complain about too much grip...too much grip? They end up trolling usually and rage quit when they realize that the tires are not the issue, it's that they just can't keep up on x tire with other people using them.

He's going into drift rooms and setting hot laps ROFL. I think you are misunderstanding him and his obsessive objective. I think he is, too lol.

People are welcome to make their own damn rooms, right? I think it is stupid to put racing tires on 450pp cars as well, but people can do what they want and make their own rooms. If you don't like it, make your own or find another. Period, end of story. Instead of complaining and belittling some people, why not just be modest and do what other sensible people do...find another room.

Going and doing what the OP is, rather than racing, testing or something else competitive...that says enough about him and people who are alike. If that's what he enjoys doing in GT6, that's someone to out on my ignore list.

The only thing I hate is finding what you want to race and the room has SRF set to available. I'll tolerate racing people with other aids, but SRF is just stupid and if someone knows SRF physics well, they can beat anyone who isn't using it. Every once in a while I come across someone who knows the SRF physics like we know the normal physics and it is obviously quite a difference. People like that...they're usually half decent drivers to begin with, just apparently use srf anyways. I would rather race someone using racing softs, with me on sports or comforts, than race with srf users. But, I don't go into SRF lobbies, just to rag on them. 99% of the people using it, I can still beat...but I don't go setting top times in the room and then gloat, saying "oh look what I did it with! I'm so much better and just so you know, I am not a sissy who is afraid of losing grip". That crap is unbecoming.

Topic is 24hrs up, Topic starter is vanished.
We are trolled?

\edit
Wait, just looked at his profile and viewed some of his postings.
He's not having much luck.
Had some stuff with an online lobby created at GT-planet.
Last online here at around 8pm today.

Dude were are you?

Last edited:
Back