joining an online lobby takes ages...

• Thread starter cobra-069
  • 6 comments
cobra-069
is it just me, or is anyone having the same problem... its just a pain in the a** to join a lobby after like 2 minutes, get kicked, wait, find a lobby again, wait, start race find out 3/4 of the people drive silly, finish race, leave lobby, wait....

all the actions take around 1-2 minutes to load, its just keeping me away from playing online. i would play hours and hours if this wasnt so frustrating...

maybe anything that helps? i have nat type 2 and no problems with other games...

are you joining rooms with good network ratings?

that's not a technical issue. try to find good racers and go back to them.

go wired if you're wireless, try clearing the GT5 network cache..

yes, always trying to look for good ratings. and im playing with cable.

can i ask you, how long it takes you to join?

Since Spec II, load times for the online lobby itself have also increased for me.
Prior to spec II it took less time to open. But hey, as long as it works... :)

Yeah, its not exactly super speedy for me either. Sometime when i select "go to track" it will sit on a black screen and show the GT5 logo in the bottom right for a min or so before going in. Other times it acts like it did before the patch.

....always seems to work though. Just kinda.....random lol.

When I open my own lounge it goes MUCH faster than before, I'd say almost 40-50% faster. Changing the settings once the lounge is open is light-years faster. I haven't tried joining somebody else's room though so can't comment on that.

Back