jony azenhas PT cockpit (thank you chilicoke for your inspiration)

jonyazenhas
Hello there!

With the inspiration of chilicoke´s cockpit i built my own cockpit in galvanized tube which was all welded , painted black matte , added wood and put rubber on the table for the wheel and for the feet! :)

I´ve got a g25 with inverted pedals , apelectrix mod , brake spring to clutch and clutch spring to acelerator... 👍👍

I´ve done the shifter resistance mod too just to add that extra feeling!:sly:

Got a decent surround sound with a good LCD.

Just missing a buttckiker and a full HD projector and i´ll be ready to gt5!!! :drool::drool:

Still have to add 2 or 3 details to the cockpit (paint the lateral wood and paint some screws).

The only screws are the one´s from the pedals/shifter/wheel because all the frame is welded.

Unfortunally i came to U.K. today and only had the chance to take these really low resolution pics!

Anyway you can see more or less!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 301
  • GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (1).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 181
  • GetAttachment.aspx (2).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (2).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 174
  • GetAttachment.aspx (3).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (3).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 160
  • GetAttachment.aspx (4).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (4).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 138
A few more.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx (8).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (8).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 141
  • GetAttachment.aspx (7).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (7).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 78
  • GetAttachment.aspx (6).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (6).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 70
  • GetAttachment.aspx (5).jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx (5).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 88
Very Nice!!! (Man, you should borrow me that while you're in the UK!!)

Ahahahah! :):)

It´s a pity that the pictures are really distorded because it looks sooo much better , but i promise in 2 weeks i´ll update with new ones with higher resolution!

The seat looks blue on the pics but it´s actually black! :grumpy:

Hopefully the buttckiker will be already instaled by then! :dopey::dopey:

Bullie you´re more than welcome to have a "spin" when i get to Sintra 👍

By the way : Tive um Dogue Argentino que fez parte da famillía durante muitos e queridos anos , depois mostro-te umas fotos...
Fartei-me de chorar qd ela morreu! Já tive muitos cães mas o Dogue Argentino foi a raça com melhor carácter e personalidade que tive!!! Amava aquela cadela! (Portuguese writing)

Nice job, especially the inverted pedals; I've pondered doing that as well.

May I offer a bit of Buttkicker advice? I have a Bob Earl Racing VRC seat setup for my G25 and added a Buttkicker a few months after purchase (the kind that has a clamp to attach to chair posts and other tubular pieces). I built a 1.5" cylindrical attach point with some thick-wall copper plumbing pipe, large fender washers and bolted it through the back of the fiberglass seat pan; I have detailed photos if you're interested because I worked this project with another GT5P racer on the PS forums.

I was going for the butt-kick effect to feel the road under the car, not a steering-column mount, and I discovered that my first mounting attempt (lower back attachment point) was too high. It works much better the lower you go, so now mine's mounted inverted (the vibrating transducer pointing up) with the mount point as low as possible to still clear the floor.

Much better effect - it works great! If you seat mount yours, GO LOW.

Ahahahah! :):)

It´s a pity that the pictures are really distorded because it looks sooo much better , but i promise in 2 weeks i´ll update with new ones with higher resolution!

The seat looks blue on the pics but it´s actually black! :grumpy:

Bullie you´re more than welcome to have a "spin" when i get to Sintra 👍

By the way : Tive um Dogue Argentino que fez parte da famillía durante muitos e queridos anos , depois mostro-te umas fotos...
Fartei-me de chorar qd ela morreu! Já tive muitos cães mas o Dogue Argentino foi a raça com melhor carácter e personalidade que tive!!! Amava aquela cadela! (Portuguese writing)

Thanks for the invite 👍 - but why Sintra? You live there?

Re. P.S: Bons cães os Dogos! Contudo a foto do meu avatar é de um dos meus Bull Terrier (fêmea - tenho mais 1 macho). A propósito, foi a utilização de cruzamentos com Bull Terriers que fixou a característica pelagem branca (e manchas de pele negras) dos Dogos Argentinos!
👍

Nice job, especially the inverted pedals; I've pondered doing that as well.

May I offer a bit of Buttkicker advice? I have a Bob Earl Racing VRC seat setup for my G25 and added a Buttkicker a few months after purchase (the kind that has a clamp to attach to chair posts and other tubular pieces). I built a 1.5" cylindrical attach point with some thick-wall copper plumbing pipe, large fender washers and bolted it through the back of the fiberglass seat pan; I have detailed photos if you're interested because I worked this project with another GT5P racer on the PS forums.

I was going for the butt-kick effect to feel the road under the car, not a steering-column mount, and I discovered that my first mounting attempt (lower back attachment point) was too high. It works much better the lower you go, so now mine's mounted inverted (the vibrating transducer pointing up) with the mount point as low as possible to still clear the floor.

Much better effect - it works great! If you seat mount yours, GO LOW.

Since the beginning when i thought buying it i had doubts regarding the best way to mount the buttkicker on my seat...

After some research on the web i realized that a lot of people do a little "mod" to extract the best potencial of the upgrade...

In my case is no different because all my tubes are square and i know that the application comes with a round application

The rails of the seat are bolted on the tubes that are welded to the main frame and i was thinking of attaching the buttkicker to 1 of those tubes...

However i´m veryyyyy interested to see how you´ve done it with yours and i aprecciate all your help!

The better the effect the happier i´ll be! 👍

Cheers!!! :cool:

Thanks for the invite 👍 - but why Sintra? You live there?

Re. P.S: Bons cães os Dogos! Contudo a foto do meu avatar é de um dos meus Bull Terrier (fêmea - tenho mais 1 macho). A propósito, foi a utilização de cruzamentos com Bull Terriers que fixou a característica pelagem branca (e manchas de pele negras) dos Dogos Argentinos!
👍

Quando vi a foto do teu Avatar soube logo que era um Bull Terrier (aliás até ia apostar que era uma fêmea :sly:)!

Daí ter falado na minha cadela pois eu sei que o pêlo veio do cruzamento com o Bull Terrier.

Quando a minha cadela foi lá para casa ainda só havia cerca de 200 Dogos registados em Portugal e fartei-me de esudar a raça...

Aliás o melhor livro que tenho em casa tive que importar de Itália!

Tenho montes de fotos , vais adorar... :):):)

Também quero ver as tuas dos teus meninos... 👍👍👍

Estudei muito os Dogos e quando levei o Pai da minha cadela a minha casa há cerca de 10 anos e ele pôs as patorras nos ombros da minha mãe e começou a lambê-la ela derreteu-se toda porque atrás vinha a ninhada toda para não haver hipóteses...

Ele era enorme , todo musculado.......... lindo! :scared:

E ela saía a ele.... hihihihihihi :)

A minha cadela pesava 40 kilos , adorava nadar , tinha um sofá em pele só para ela , era uma rainha mimada.... mas algo que se mexesse que não fosse humano........ BRONCA! lolololol

Yes i live in Sintra... :)

In my case is no different because all my tubes are square and i know that the application comes with a round application

The rails of the seat are bolted on the tubes that are welded to the main frame and i was thinking of attaching the buttkicker to 1 of those tubes...

If you have the same buttkicker I do (see photos), it's notched to attach to square or round tubes, so that's not a problem. I don't recommend mounting to a seat frame (I tried that) because the frame mass damps most of the Buttkicker vibrations and kills most of the effect. For me, it works best buzzing the seat pan directly.

I will attempt to attach a few photos to show you how I did it; note that two of them (titled "Prelim...." with the silver tube) is my first attempt, just to show you the separate parts; I later changed this tube to a shorter, larger-diameter thickwall copper pipe segment for better stiffness and more efficient vibration transfer to the seat. I'm very happy with the final result, mounting it as low as possible.

If you attach to a fiberglass seat pan as I did, be sure to use fender washers on both sides of the seat to distribute the stress and reduce the chance of cracking it.

Let me know if you have questions and good luck with your project.

Attachments

• FinalMount [640x480].JPG
    FinalMount [640x480].JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 60
  • PrelimParts2 [640x480].JPG
    PrelimParts2 [640x480].JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 58
  • PrelimParts1 [640x480].JPG
    PrelimParts1 [640x480].JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 59
  • ButtKicker2 [640x480].JPG
    ButtKicker2 [640x480].JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 70
  • ButtKicker1 [640x480].JPG
    ButtKicker1 [640x480].JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 71
If you have the same buttkicker I do (see photos), it's notched to attach to square or round tubes, so that's not a problem. I don't recommend mounting to a seat frame (I tried that) because the frame mass damps most of the Buttkicker vibrations and kills most of the effect. For me, it works best buzzing the seat pan directly.

I will attempt to attach a few photos to show you how I did it; note that two of them (titled "Prelim...." with the silver tube) is my first attempt, just to show you the separate parts; I later changed this tube to a shorter, larger-diameter thickwall copper pipe segment for better stiffness and more efficient vibration transfer to the seat. I'm very happy with the final result, mounting it as low as possible.

If you attach to a fiberglass seat pan as I did, be sure to use fender washers on both sides of the seat to distribute the stress and reduce the chance of cracking it.

Ah! Now i see what you mean!

When i get home in a couple of weeks time i´ll put my mind "engine" on the moove and look properly to the seat and try to obtain the best solution for my taste!

As soon as i get involved i´ll let you know!

Thank you buddy! 👍

You're most welcome.

If you have the clamp-on Buttkicker, like mine, there's nothing to lose by trying to clamp it on different parts of your wheel or seat frame but I expect you'll find what I did - too much vibration is absorbed before you feel it or it'll feel strange to just vibrate the wheel mount. Additionally, I find it more realistic to buzz the seat pan rather than the wheel stalk, especially if your goal (like mine) is to feel the road underneath you.

Have fun!

P.S. My Buttkicker amplifier has a VERY loud cooling fan (a common complaint from owners, I've found) - how about yours? I have a fan-swap project in mind when I get time to research replacement units that will fit.

You're most welcome.

If you have the clamp-on Buttkicker, like mine, there's nothing to lose by trying to clamp it on different parts of your wheel or seat frame but I expect you'll find what I did - too much vibration is absorbed before you feel it or it'll feel strange to just vibrate the wheel mount. Additionally, I find it more realistic to buzz the seat pan rather than the wheel stalk, especially if your goal (like mine) is to feel the road underneath you.

Have fun!

P.S. My Buttkicker amplifier has a VERY loud cooling fan (a common complaint from owners, I've found) - how about yours? I have a fan-swap project in mind when I get time to research replacement units that will fit.

Currently i haven´t bought the buttkicker yet!

Only next time off-duty (should be around the 1st of March) but as soon i mount it i´ll give all the feedback i can get!

Although i reckon if i attach to the tube that is attached to the rails of the seat will be enough..... well , let´s see! 👍

New BETTER pics (finally)

Attachments

• Imagem 002.jpg
    Imagem 002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 83
  • Imagem 007.jpg
    Imagem 007.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Imagem 006.jpg
    Imagem 006.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Imagem 005.jpg
    Imagem 005.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 42
  • Imagem 004.jpg
    Imagem 004.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 48
  • Imagem 003.jpg
    Imagem 003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Imagem 008.jpg
    Imagem 008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Imagem 009.jpg
    Imagem 009.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Imagem 010.jpg
    Imagem 010.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Imagem 011.jpg
    Imagem 011.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Imagem 012.jpg
    Imagem 012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 44
  • Imagem 019.jpg
    Imagem 019.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 42
  • Imagem 017.jpg
    Imagem 017.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Imagem 016.jpg
    Imagem 016.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Imagem 015.jpg
    Imagem 015.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Imagem 013.jpg
    Imagem 013.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Imagem 020.jpg
    Imagem 020.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Imagem 021.jpg
    Imagem 021.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Imagem 022.jpg
    Imagem 022.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Imagem 023.jpg
    Imagem 023.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 43
Where did you get your seat at? What brand and model is it as well?

Like Raitziger said...

It´s a FK seat and it was quite cheap!

I was lucky enough because when i bought it the person had only one to sell so i got it for 80 euros brand new... :):)

Buttckiker and PJ coming soon........ :dopey:

Hi, well done.

Could you tell and show us more about the "apelectrix mod"
I currently have one on order but some delays are effecting those guys.

Oh and hurry on to join us other buttkicker users!
Although you do know a real wheel like a momo on that G25 would just make it lush :)

What projector are you considering?

Hi, well done.

Could you tell and show us more about the "apelectrix mod"
I currently have one on order but some delays are effecting those guys.

Oh and hurry on to join us other buttkicker users!
Although you do know a real wheel like a momo on that G25 would just make it lush :)

What projector are you considering?

If you want i can take 2 or 3 more pics of the apelectrix mod...

Although i tried to take the best i could...

Regarding the apelectrix mod i highly recommend it!!! 👍👍

It takes a little bit of time to get use to it , but as soon as you put some few miles on it , it´s much better in feel , sensation and realism :)

The more you press the harder it goes like in a real car.
If you want the brake at full braking point you have to press really , really hard but like i said , you get use to it!

I´m able to do better management between brake/acelerator and it rewards me in terms of times.The transaction between curves are better because i can balance braking more quickly and it gives me the impression that i´m getting more smoother as a overall driver...

I can´t truly explain how it feels , but anyone out there ........ BUY IT!:dopey:

When i purchased the apelectrix mod i can only say that Andy Pastore provided a efficient costumer support and explained me everything!
He also gave me good tips and i can add he is a really nice guy 👍

And other MAJOR difference is the throttle and the clutch swap! :drool:

MUCH , much better!!!

The gas is much heavier and the cluth is more realistic!:cool:

Talking about the cockpit itself i still have few things to do...
I must paint all the wood parts in black and the screws as well.

I´m not totally satisfied with the rubber that i sprayed glued to the wood and i still don´t know if i´m going to swap for some sort of carpet :rolleyes:

Talking about the Momo wheel , hummmm , well i have to , don´t i?! :sly::sly:

The buttkicker i think i´ll put it on Monday!! :dopey: Eheheheheheh

Talking about projectors , well as far as i´m concerned it is the tricky one!:dunce:

I´ve been searching and searching in the web for a suitable one!

From Full HD to HD Ready , DLP or LCD , optomas , epsons , sanyos , hitachi , panasonic , etc , etc...

I´ve even put an "Wanted" add on Avforums in U.K.

Of course it all depends of $............

Because i use this room for cinema also so i´m still looking the better management between price/quality...

But i can tell you that i´ve looked for (in no particular order) PT-AX200/100 , PJ-TX200/300 , Z2000 , HD 700X , HD200x , TW2900 , Z5 , etc...

I live in Portugal but i work in the U.K. 👍

I just have to see if i´m sensible to RBE or not... If i´m not i´ll go for a DLP :)

I´m going to see a Optoma HD700X next week ... so let´s see what happens!

Good man, yes please more pics on the JP.

I have a clubsport set as well but wondered if anyone reading or yourself has any thing they could add in how the JP feels compared to the Clubsports?

Keep an eye on ebay for wheels, some good offers come up but do by all means question the seller its condition. I had one delivered listed in great condition but was far from it so have appealed and the seller has agreed a refund on return.

Regards the projector, I found DLP didnt agree with me, Optoma are good though.
If this is your first PJ then maybe go mid range to see how much you use or like it. I have the older Panny AX100 here and recently sold an AE2000 1080p model via AVF member. If you want an honest opinon for movies the quality of the 1080p is a big benifit with extra detailing but most notably much richer blacks. However the 720p is more than good enough for GT5 or PS3 gaming and the AX200 your considering is brighter/more contrast than my older 100 which Im still happy with.

The Panasonics usually have a wider throw/distance they require less space than other brands. If even considering buying 2nd hand their are some bargins to be had althoguh question the seller if the bulb hours are genuine or have been reset in the "service menu". Quite often I see PJs for sale with very low bulb usage and with Panasonics its easy to got a service menu and reset this, best be forewarned but google it.

Look forward to your updates oh and I bet you much prefer the weather in Portugal.... :)

I made a mount for my buttkicker today the same as yours, except I placed mine under the seat instead of the back because I reckon it would end up cracking the seat in that position.

I now get much better feedback compared to having the gamer mounted to my racing rig frame, thanks very much for the idea 👍

Latest Posts

Back