Jordan Few more suggestions

NocturnalPS

?¿That's Odd?¿
Staff Emeritus
United States
Tx, Alamo City
XRaptor529
Is it possible to jump to a certain page say like in GT3 forum? Like if you want to go to page 58. You can just have an option to enter Jump to Page 58. What do you think? I would find having an option like this easier for me to go through the forums searching for where I left off.

And there’s something else too I would like to suggest to you. Well if it’s possible to do of course. Say you start to type a pretty lengthy post in the express reply area, and then you find you’re self-wanting to put some smiles or colors or some other little feature in it. Could you have it set up so that if you press Post Reply all your work would be automatically moved from the Express reply area to the Post Reply area? That way you wont lose any information you might have typed in that area. Anyways some times I forget to copy paste when I do that and I lose everything I was typing.

Is it possible to jump to a certain page say like in GT3 forum? Like if you want to go to page 58. You can just have an option to enter Jump to Page 58. What do you think? I would find having an option like this easier for me to go through the forums searching for where I left off.
Oh yes, this is very simple. You can already do it yourself! Just look at the URL in your browser when you load a new page. It should look something like this: http://forums.gtplanet.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10&daysprune=30&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=30&pagenumber=2. So, just change that number to whatever page (like page 58) you want in the address bar and hit enter. :) Of course, it's the same for all of those variables passed through the URL, so feel free to play around with the numbers to display what you want.

And there’s something else too I would like to suggest to you. Well if it’s possible to do of course. Say you start to type a pretty lengthy post in the express reply area, and then you find you’re self-wanting to put some smiles or colors or some other little feature in it. Could you have it set up so that if you press Post Reply all your work would be automatically moved from the Express reply area to the Post Reply area? That way you wont lose any information you might have typed in that area. Anyways some times I forget to copy paste when I do that and I lose everything I was typing.
This is exactly why I included the "Preview / Formatting Options..." button. Try it - you won't loose your post! :)

Originally posted by Jordan
Oh yes, this is very simple. You can already do it yourself! Just look at the URL in your browser when you load a new page. It should look something like this: http://forums.gtplanet.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10&daysprune=30&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=30&pagenumber=2. So, just change that number to whatever page (like page 58) you want in the address bar and hit enter. :) Of course, it's the same for all of those variables passed through the URL, so feel free to play around with the numbers to display what you want.

This is exactly why I included the "Preview / Formatting Options..." button. Try it - you won't loose your post! :)
Oh cool i didnt notice all that. :)

Back