Jordan - For All This Work, You Need Some $$$

J -

you've put too much work into this site to not have it pay off. There are so many ways you could make this site pay for itself and then some. I'm sure there are 100 dedicated members here would would buy most of their video games and other items through your Amazon associates program.

So, this thread is dedicated to idea on how the site could support itself and make some money. I wouldn't have a problem with some ads at the bottom of the main page, and with your traffic, I'm sure something like Burstmedia would have no problem admitting you. Also, I'm sure those same 100 members that would buy the Amazon stuff would vow to click thru the links at least 2-3 times a day. The money would really build.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Stealth Viper
J -

you've put too much work into this site to not have it pay off. There are so many ways you could make this site pay for itself and then some. I'm sure there are 100 dedicated members here would would buy most of their video games and other items through your Amazon associates program.

So, this thread is dedicated to idea on how the site could support itself and make some money. I wouldn't have a problem with some ads at the bottom of the main page, and with your traffic, I'm sure something like Burstmedia would have no problem admitting you. Also, I'm sure those same 100 members that would buy the Amazon stuff would vow to click thru the links at least 2-3 times a day. The money would really build.

Good luck.

That only works if the advertisee eventually starts seeing profit. Otherwise they drop their ads from the site (:

I'll be going on an Amazon binge soon - time to buy gifts and stuff.

~LoudMusic

He could do 2 verisons of the site. Pay a small fee for no ads or free with ads. Personally I hate the ads.

Originally posted by ghostrider
He could do 2 verisons of the site. Pay a small fee for no ads or free with ads. Personally I hate the ads.

Many sites have gone to that method. No one pays.

~LoudMusic

Thanks, Stealth! :) But, I've submitted to most every ad company out there, and they just don't want to sponsor GTPlanet, not even Burstnet. :( Of course, we're getting more traffic now than we were when I submitted it the first time...it can't hurt to submit again, can it? :)

Go ahead and re-submit, when I get myself a job I'll send ya some dough if u want Jordan.

Originally posted by Jordan
Thanks, Stealth! :) But, I've submitted to most every ad company out there, and they just don't want to sponsor GTPlanet, not even Burstnet. :( Of course, we're getting more traffic now than we were when I submitted it the first time...it can't hurt to submit again, can it? :)

who in the right mind wouldn't want to sponsor this site....

just let em look at the bandwidth and the number of people who sign on everyday!

Jordan- If you ever need some ca$h to help pay for site costs just tell me, and I'll send it.;)

Thanks guys, but I couldn't accept your money... :blush:

Don't ask, don't get!

If the ads are relevant, I'll look at them.

My regularly mentioned surf site, realsurf.com has had a fair bit of success with industry relevant advertising - and don't forget that Amazon tipping thing I mentioned.

So, if I was to send an envelope with no return address(so you couldn't just return it:P) containing $100+ to your P.O. Box you couldn't accept it?:confused: What would you do with it then?:P

Originally posted by Josh

So, if I was to send an envelope with no return address(so you couldn't just return it:P) containing $100+ to your P.O. Box you couldn't accept it?:confused: What would you do with it then?:P
Well, if I couldn't return it, I would thank the anonymous person who sent it via an open message to the community, and then use it to pay for that month's web hosting bill, or maybe to purchase a new photo gallery script to integrate with the forums... :)

Well - there it is. The man himself has come out and said it.

SO STOP BUGGING HIM!!!!

Just accept his benevolence!!

Well, if I couldn't return it, I would thank the anonymous person who sent it via an open message to the community, and then use it to pay for that month's web hosting bill, or maybe to purchase a new photo gallery script to integrate with the forums... :)

Or Rallisport challenge and a Steering wheel for the Xbox which will all be in stores Today. :D

;)

Back