JPN to UK

• Thread starter Zetec-ss
  • 5 comments
GTP_Sarlech
im going to be playing the JPN version untill the UK one comes out, i'll then buy the UK GT5-P...will the JPN data work on the UK disc?

im going to be playing the JPN version untill the UK one comes out, i'll then buy the UK GT5-P...will the JPN data work on the UK disc?

its really hard to tell. but if the save data uses Japanese symbols for a saved game, and UK uses letters, then it might not..

its really hard to tell. but if the save data uses Japanese symbols for a saved game, and UK uses letters, then it might not..

That's just letter coding.

You could get other-region data to work with GT3, by changing the region code with a hex editor. That's how I, and many other people, got to play GT3 with miles & mph as opposed to the European kilometres & km/h.

Since the PS3 is region-free for gaming... I can't see any particular reason why not. But then the thought would also occur as to why they couldn't do a simultaneous worldwide release if all of the copies of the game were the same, but with different languages...

The answer? Only PD can say.

That's just letter coding.

You could get other-region data to work with GT3, by changing the region code with a hex editor. That's how I, and many other people, got to play GT3 with miles & mph as opposed to the European kilometres & km/h.

Since the PS3 is region-free for gaming... I can't see any particular reason why not. But then the thought would also occur as to why they couldn't do a simultaneous worldwide release if all of the copies of the game were the same, but with different languages...

The answer? Only PD can say.

As has been said - Localization takes quite a while - Especially for a game the size of GT5P...

Latest Posts

Back