• Poll closed .

WRP001

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001
July 4th Race Poll & Feedback

This year July 4th falls on a Wednesday and it's a pretty major holiday here in the that finds many people travelling or standing by the BBQ or watching fireworks somewhere. So we've got to decide what to do about the races that week.

Obviously the NA race is the event primarily impacted, but quite a few guys from the US also participate in the EU event so both are affected. It's even possible since July 4th is a holiday more US racers could make the EU time slot race. Not sure and the only way to find out is for you to tell us.

The purpose of this thread/poll is to get an idea what would be the best option for that week. Vote and let us know and also post your comments to the thread. The primary options are to keep either or both races as they would normally be held on a Wednesday or move one or both to Thursday July 5th instead. The times would remain 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern for EU and 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Pacific for NA either way.

Let us know what you think and we'll make a final decision the week prior based on your feedback.

Note that if we move the races we could still have a fun informal event (like our Saturday races) for those that can attend on Wednesday and/or a practice session.

Also note that I'll be away and unable to attend either way I won't have a vote. :guilty:

As Tim will be away when this thread closes, I'll keep a running Tally and List active in this Post.

If you are able to vote on the Poll above, you can still do so and I will update here accordingly.

EU:

Wednesday, July 4th @ 12:00 PM Pacific (EU #1) - 8
Allibubba99, jtv90069, GTPorsche, Hydro, Speedy6543, Ealirendur, EDK, mohitraina91

Thursday, July 5th @ 12:00 PM Pacific (EU #2) - 7
Allibubba99, jtv90069, GTPorsche, Hydro, Speedy6543, Ealirendur, mcfizzle
NA:

Wednesday, July 4th @ 7:00 PM Pacific (NA #1) - 7
Allibubba99, jtv90069, GTPorsche, segovia, Hydro, Ealirendur, zrodegreesklvn

Thursday, July 5th @ 7:00 PM Pacific (NA #2) - 8
Allibubba99, jtv90069, GTPorsche, segovia, Hydro, Ealirendur, mohitraina91, mcfizzle

Last edited by a moderator:
Unable to vote as well. I have no special preference to any time slot as I could make any of the races.

Multiple choice polls tend to not work I guess. I give up on them. So just state your preference in your posts and we'll do some magic math.

Al and I were able to vote, and we're both premium members, so it might have something to do with that.

^Why can't I vote then. I was Premium too previously. :confused:
:lol: :P

checkbox-checked.jpg
Wednesday, July 4th @ 12:00 PM Pacific (EU #1)
images
Wednesday, July 4th @ 7:00 PM Pacific (NA #1)
checkbox-checked.jpg
Thursday, July 5th @ 12:00 PM Pacific (EU #2)
images
Thursday, July 5th @ 7:00 PM Pacific (NA #2)

Last edited:
checkbox-checked.jpg
images
images
checkbox-checked.jpg

Weird, I could vote. Must be a Canadian thing :D
I'm good for Wed., but probably not Thurs.

What's even stranger is Speedy said he couldn't vote, but his results are listed in the poll? Maybe he's trying to be sneaky and get Jon to count his votes twice. :lol:

That's weird indeed. When I tried to vote, I got a message saying I already voted - which I didn't at that time. :confused:
It seems like it took my vote AND gave me the message at the same time...

So at this point the dates/times winning this vote are:

EU: Wednesday, July 4th @ 12:00 PM Pacific
NA: Thursday, July 5th @ 7:00 PM Pacific

You still have a few days to vote if you have any input before we make a scheduling decision.

checkbox-checked.jpg
checkbox-checked.jpg
checkbox-checked.jpg
checkbox-checked.jpg

Pending some negotiation, but I've got three weeks of hols coming up :cheers::gtpflag:

Don't know if its too late to vote but I was hoping for a Wednesday night race, I was planning on joining but won't be able to make Thursday.

The vote closes tomorrow so your entry counts.

It looks like we have a tie between Wednesday and Thursday for the NA race at this point and Wednesday is winning for the EU race by a couple votes. At this point it may come down to a coin flip for NA. :dopey:

After counting Scott's vote (in the poll results), Thursday is the winner for NA.

Back