Jump From GT4 to GT Sport

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 3 comments
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing good and safe. So, I need a bit of guidance. Firstly, this is my first post here in years. I was actively reading the forums, and at that time, GT4 was the thing. I raced and completed thousands of kilometres on GT4.

Then I packed it almost 10 years ago, and retired. College became work, and there's hardly time. With the ranging pandemic, I have some time in my hands now, and for about a month I've been racing and playing GT Sport.

It's a huge step from GT4, as you can imagine, and it took me some time to grasp with the graphics, physics of the game. I have two questions:

1) Is there a link here whereby it's a guide for newsbies like me to GT Sport?
2) I've completed most in GT league, but what i realized is, there's no endurance races like 24 hours of 'ring and Le Mans? What i see is just 60 mins of those tracks.

Can someone help me out? Is there any updates I need to download?

Thank you my friends.

Sincerely,
Brian

Hello friends,

I hope everyone is doing good and safe. So, I need a bit of guidance. Firstly, this is my first post here in years. I was actively reading the forums, and at that time, GT4 was the thing. I raced and completed thousands of kilometres on GT4.

Then I packed it almost 10 years ago, and retired. College became work, and there's hardly time. With the ranging pandemic, I have some time in my hands now, and for about a month I've been racing and playing GT Sport.

It's a huge step from GT4, as you can imagine, and it took me some time to grasp with the graphics, physics of the game. I have two questions:

1) Is there a link here whereby it's a guide for newsbies like me to GT Sport?
2) I've completed most in GT league, but what i realized is, there's no endurance races like 24 hours of 'ring and Le Mans? What i see is just 60 mins of those tracks.

Can someone help me out? Is there any updates I need to download?

Thank you my friends.

Sincerely,
Brian
Ok. So welcome!
I guess I can take as good a shot as anyone. GT Sport is not a classic GT game. The entire base of it was around the online experience and Sport Mode. There aren't really any long endurance races in the GT League or Campaign section of the game as they are mostly an afterthought.
The option to do long races is there, but you have to do a custom race or enter a lobby. In the custom race (under arcade) you'll set all the parameters for the race, laps, time, class of car, AI level and such. But the AI is pretty blah most of the time.
In the Lobbies you cam find good racing, but it is hard to know for sure before you enter the lobby. The enter and race lobbies tend to be short, but people here on GTPlanet do organize longer races. For instance there is one coming up that is 250km around Interlagos in GrC cars. We've also had the 2.4hrs of Le Mans as well as other longer races or series.
You can find them under the GT Leagues Online Racing tab here. Find something that fits your schedule or favorites and see what it involves to enter.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gts-online-racing-leagues.427/
Good Luck and Good Racing to you

Back