June 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed

• Thread starter torque99
  • 10 comments
England
England
I have booked a ticket for the quieter Thursday as you get access to all paddocks while still available to practice photography on the cars and wander round slowly. My friend may join me but he is not so keen on cars and photography as me !! Otherwise I will enjoy some 'me' time getting close to the wonderful sports cars. Is anyone else going or fancies it but not sure? Or who wants to practice some photography. Feel free to discuss in here :))

I've never been to Goodwood so I am looking forward to it, I have just been reading about your Pontiac, quite a rare site in the UK, I was looking at getting an old Capri as well as a project, as I have soft spot for Ford motors. Hopefully I may get to see the Pontiac! :)

Last edited:
@Roo wow 4 days, do you take your car there for show then?

For some reason a 1 litre 3-pot W-reg Suzuki Swift isn't allowed in the performance car park, so no.

This year's FoS will be the tenth I've been to, although I've not attended since 2011, and I know I'll need 4 days to see it all. Using some back-of-an-envelope maths I once worked out (iirc) that if you were there for 8 hours a day on each of the 4 days and gave every car the same amount of time, you'd only get about 4 minutes with each vehicle - and that's assuming you go from one to the next, to the next, etc with no breaks.

I was usually ushered out by security for staying too late.

I've never been to Goodwood so I am looking forward to it, I have just been reading about your Pontiac, quite a rare site in the UK, I was looking at getting an old Capri as well as a project, as I have soft spot for Ford motors. Hopefully I may get to see the Pontiac! :)

It'll be my 3rd visit this year, I was simply amazed by it all when I first went.

Yeah it is quite a rare site, don't often see many other 3rd Gen Firebirds/Trans Ams here unless they're at shows. I'm hoping to get it in the car park if tickets are still available by the time my birthday rolls around. If not it'll be in the peasant car park.

Update.

I have my weekend tickets booked and last week I booked my performance car park tickets and I am awaiting delivery.

The Firebird will be in the performance car park, rubbing shoulders with £300k+ Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the Friday and Sunday.

Back