Jurgen Alzen Porsche Mission 400 Plus (Oh. My. God.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 25 comments
  • 2,335 views

Danny

Code Red
Premium
Messages
24,137
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Messages
Grim10
Messages
Are you kidding?
35875.jpg


Mission 400 Plus - under this project name H&R presents an especially spectacular world premiere at the Essen Motor Show 2006. Jurgen Alzen Motorsport, long-time partner of H&R in the long-distance championship on the Nurburgring, engine tuner RS Tuning and H&R have jointly developed a sports car based on the Porsche 997. It is destined to win the Blue Ribbon for the world's fastest street-legal sports car next year, with a top speed of more than 250 mph (400 km/h).


The idea to tackle the world record was born in August 2006 at the Six-Hour Race on the Nurburgring. After the H&R-sponsored Alzen Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 fell victim to an accident in only the second lap, team boss Jurgen Alzen and H&R marketing director Hardy von der Brake had time to discuss means to better demonstrate the technology transfer from motorsports to the development of sporty suspension components.

The idea quickly turned into the Mission 400 Plus concept, whose prototype now celebrated its world debut at the Essen Motor Show 2006. The three companies that have joined forces to turn this concept into reality have proven their potential in building super-fast sports cars numerous times before.

The experienced team of technicians from Jurgen Alzen Motorsport in Betzdorf is responsible for the technical design and for building the car. The engine is based on that of the latest 997-series Porsche 911 Turbo, and comes from RS Tuning. H&R contributes its immense know-how in the field of suspension design and setup.

Favorable aerodynamic properties are essential for a car that is designed to break the 400-km/h barrier. Minimizing frontal surface area is absolutely elementary, which is why Jurgen Alzen decided to lower the roof by 3 inches. At the same time the A-pillars were tilted back further by 5.5 degrees. To give the coupe a homogenous overall appearance the tilt of B- and C-pillars was adjusted accordingly. Special flush-mounted polycarbonate windows all around complete the roof conversion.

Also part of the Mission 400 Plus aerodynamics concept are numerous other modifications that were developed and tested in the wind tunnel. Among them are a long rear with pronounced separation edge and the absence of rain channels. Streamlined cowlings for the 18-inch BBS light-alloy wheels will reduce air turbulence on the vehicle's sides during the record run.

The Mission 400 Plus engine is built by RS Tuning in Kirchhaslach, where the racing engines for Jurgen Alzen Motorsport have been created for many years. The displacement of the six-cylinder flat engine is increased from 3.6 to 3.8 liters and the engine is reworked entirely. Company owner Reinhold Schmirler's power cocktail also includes special combustion chamber shapes as well as precision-machined cylinder heads with larger valves, and high-performance camshafts.

The engine's peripherals are also completely new. In addition to an intake manifold with larger and smoothened ports the engine is equipped with a more powerful turbocharging system and a high-performance exhaust.

The stock turbos with variable turbine geometry are replaced by larger conventional ones, which are supplied with optimal amounts of exhaust gas by the custom-tailored stainless-steel exhaust manifolds. Higher capacity intercoolers provide cooler charge air for maximum power output, aided on the exhaust side by a stainless-steel sport exhaust with metal catalysts.
RS Tuning's stationary test bench is used to fine-tune the perfect interaction of all individual components with special 100-octane fuel mapping for the Bosch-developed engine electronics.

With a boost pressure of 1.5 bar the engine develops 1,054 bhp / 775.7 kW at 7,700 rpm and a peak torque of 760 lb-ft at 5,800 rpm. And yet, the speed-record hunter meets stringent EURO IV emission limits.

Power is transferred to the rear wheels via a high-performance clutch and a modified high-geared six-speed transmission.

The high-speed track in Nardo, where the world record is supposed to be set next year, places extreme demands on the Mission 400 Plus suspension, due to its undulated surface. H&R has custom-developed a special version of its H&R HIGH-END suspension specifically for this purpose.

The top-of-the-line product in the H&R lineup distinctly sets itself apart from conventional sport suspensions. In addition to special struts with sporty springs and shocks the H&R HIGH-END suspension further consists of bearings made from especially high-quality harder materials, custom-made aluminum lower A-arms as well as special tie rods and newly designed upper rear axle links.

Installing this almost infinitely adjustable suspension results in even more strength and more direct response. It also allows an even more precise setup of the record car to account for the banked track at Nardo. The Mission 400 Plus is further equipped with adjustable H&R sport sway bars on front and rear axle.

The overall lightweight design is completed with Carbon-made doors and hoods and a Spartan interior with Recaro carbon-fiber racing seats and a roll cage.

Mission 400 Plus will hunt for the record in Nardo in the first half of 2007. Creator and race driver Jurgen Alzen will pilot the ultra-low-profile coupe.


Drivetrain
Configuration:
Rear Engine/RWD
Engine:
Twin-Turbo Flat-6
Displacement:
3800 cc
Horsepower:
1054 bhp @ 7700 rpm
Torque:
760 lb-ft @ 5800 rpm
Max RPM:
Unavailable
Transmission:
6-Speed Manual


Holy sweet Jesus!
 
:eek: 1000+ hp sitting behind the driver all it needs is a nameplate that says bye-bye!
 
Oh My God. :drool:
 
just another tuner car trying to catch Veyron. I assume that thing isn't roadlegal due the lack of side mirrors etc.
 
I´m with Leo here. I´d rather see a production car go for the record. Wasn´t Porsche going for it with an all new GT1?
 
They had to take the mirrors off to go 250? Pathetic. That Porsche is so slick, even with the mirros, all they'd have to do is negate the aero lift and of course have a lot of horsepower. If this car doesn't go 250 I'll laugh.
 
Oh My God. :drool:

Oh My God. :drool:











I think Porsche needs to take a few styling cues from this for the 998.
 
I´m with Leo here. I´d rather see a production car go for the record. Wasn´t Porsche going for it with an all new GT1?

Do you even know how much it costs VW to even produce 1 Veyron? More then you'd ever think.

About the Porsche, it's mean and I love it 👍
 
I hate to say it about a German tuning company product - but i love the way it looks - minus the decals obviously 👍
 
Looks awesome!

Is it the bodywork throwing me off, or is there a lot of camber in the front wheel?
 
DQ
Is it the bodywork throwing me off, or is there a lot of camber in the front wheel?

There is a fair bit of camber on the fronts, its probably so the front tyres clear the arches when turning. I guess it will also help stability at Nardo.

 
It will also reduce friction.
 
Bah, it looks like an RC car body. Non merci.

And I'm certain that a 3.8L making 1000hp will be Toyota reliable, and you could drive it around whenever you want. Seems totally possible.

Yes, I'm a hater.
 
Bah, it looks like an RC car body. Non merci.

And I'm certain that a 3.8L making 1000hp will be Toyota reliable, and you could drive it around whenever you want. Seems totally possible.

Yes, I'm a hater.

More reliable than a 2.6 pushing 1200?

Hey, at least if anything blows up, it'll be traveling behind you.
 
Hmmmm... I'm not doubting it's possible. Remember, 9ff has already gone 240mph with the 911 platform.

No side mirrors, so what's the problem with that? You can use cameras to the same effect... it works for supercars.

And as for production? How many would they have to make? Just one more, and they qualify... and they'll cost 1/10th of what a Veyron costs, too... Man, I can't wait to see this. :D :D :D

What blows the mind is the Euro IV compliance claim... I'd like to see that tested...
 
I don't know if this car would class as a production car or not, does Jurgn Alzen have manufacturer status and is this car classified as a Jurgen Alzem manufactured car, or just a Jurgen Alzen tuned Porsche. At the end of the day, I think this is going to be classed as nothing more than a highly modified Porsche, from what I've read I think they started with a base model pre-manufacturerd Porsche which more often than not makes it a tuner car and no matter how many they put together and sell, that's all it will ever be.
 
I don't know if this car would class as a production car or not, does Jurgn Alzen have manufacturer status and is this car classified as a Jurgen Alzem manufactured car, or just a Jurgen Alzen tuned Porsche. At the end of the day, I think this is going to be classed as nothing more than a highly modified Porsche, from what I've read I think they started with a base model pre-manufacturerd Porsche which more often than not makes it a tuner car and no matter how many they put together and sell, that's all it will ever be.
They chopped the roof. Surely it's not just 'tuned' anymore.

And how come high speed circuits always seem to have crap surfaces? How hard can it be!?
 
this car may be street legal as instead of wing mirrors there could be cameras in the back and it wouldnt surprise me if this car whent into production and would more than likely cost less than the veyron
 
I'll take Veyron over this long-assed frog-looking car.
 
Hmmmm... I'm not doubting it's possible. Remember, 9ff has already gone 240mph with the 911 platform.

No side mirrors, so what's the problem with that? You can use cameras to the same effect... it works for supercars.

It's funny that while those ^ two points have been mentioned a few times, 9ff is the one that removed the side mirrors to reach that 240 MPH last year. I'm sure cameras would work just as well (if not better), but what's the legality of that? I have yet to see a production car without all three mirrors (at least, not in the US).
 
Yes it was a racing engine. However, it was also an endurance racing engine. Designed to endure high levels of stress for long periods of time. And considering this company enters cars into endurace racing, I'd say they know something about making an engine reliable (though I am not so stubborn as to ignore the fact that endurance racing and everyday driving require different tolerances, I am merely pointing out that experience in one can help with the other).
 
It's funny that while those ^ two points have been mentioned a few times, 9ff is the one that removed the side mirrors to reach that 240 MPH last year. I'm sure cameras would work just as well (if not better), but what's the legality of that? I have yet to see a production car without all three mirrors (at least, not in the US).

That was a funny story when I read it (not sure if it was Autocar or Evo)... the crew furiously bolting and unbolting parts, taking knives to aero-pieces to shave off some downforce... it's like wind-tunnel work, only in real time, and with a very very large wind-tunnel.

Hmmm... do Saleens have three mirrors? (Seriously, I don't know...)... one possibility is retracting or folding mirrors... I mean, who needs rear view mirrors at over 200 mph? (Unless there's a Veyron on your tail) :lol:
 
Back