Just a hint of random to add some excitement.

• Thread starter Kirkus04
  • 2 comments
Australia
Adelaide
Kirkus04
Over this weekend I've found myself thinking about how races could be even more interesting in Sport Mode, and I'm interested in your opinions/thoughts/additions on the matter.

I get that GT Sport is very much about the "drivers experience" rather than the "team/management experience", so it may not entirely fit with PD's vision.

Its a lot to ask, but I'd really be interested in seeing an element of randomness added into races, in races like the FIA and Championship events, I'd like to see component wear/failures, repairs (using mileage points?), tyre blowouts, getting bogged in sand traps, the ability to completely total your car, etc.

The biggest part of this would be the economy and management of mileage points, and drivers possibly taking risks with not replacing components that are at ~50% wear. Some component failures wouldn't completely rule you out of the race, but just affect the power delivery, same for tyre management, it wouldn't rule you out of the race, but would drastically affect your performance and handling. Totalling your car may cost a significant amount of MP to replace/repair.

Maybe each driver has to "buy into" a championship with 2000MP which can be used through the season to repair the vehicle. Naturally, completing races earn you mileage points, placing higher earns you more points, which afford you the freedom to replace components. Maybe car wear rates could even be added into the balancing system, and something like a Megane, being a french car, would be a little more unreliable... :sly:

I think adding this would make races a lot more interesting, and knowing the risks drivers would be more cautious when racing wheel to wheel, and more aware of their cars limitations.

Maybe I'm crazy, and maybe it would completely ostracise the casual player-base? What are your thoughts? Any additions you'd like to add to spice up the online racing? :gtpflag:

Back