Just a little Tip for B-Spec Grinding

  • Thread starter Thread starter INSTG8R
  • 9 comments
  • 1,206 views
Messages
215
Messages
INSTG8R_75
Rather simple really. If your like me and are up to grinding the Enduros. You usually send Bob on his way and flip back over to the TV(Well at least that is what I do anyway)

I started using my BD Remote. It saves wear and tear on your controllers because the Remote is not "always on"

Just have to press the PS button when the game starts(The saving confirmation thingy is a place)and just assign it to 1

Just a little thing but an easy thing.
 
I have my controllers set to turn off after 10 minutes. Same thing pretty much. Good idea though if you have your controllers set to never turn off.
 
I have my controllers set to turn off after 10 minutes. Same thing pretty much. Good idea though if you have your controllers set to never turn off.

Well yeah I have that set up too but then you keep having to turn it back on when you go back to check on Bob(you know just give him a couple pokes to keep him on his toes)

Jut found the BD Remote was pretty convenient for the job.
 
And there was me thinking this was going to be a useful thread ...
 
I was thinking Picture in Picture on the TV to keep an eye on him...
 
I was thinking Picture in Picture on the TV to keep an eye on him...

LOL yeah my big TV doesn't have PIP. The little 32" in my bedroom does tho...Hmmm:idea:
 
If flat on a table or something, even left on, my controller battery seems to last forever. It's only when used heavily, or even moved around that it drains the batteries. It's always sending motion sensor data if being moved. One time I fell asleep with it on my chest and just me tossing and turning/breathing made it drain faster than if it was sitting on a table.

This has always been in the XMB or PS3 browser though.. where it wakes the PS3 up from screensaver just by touching the controller (motion sensor). Also you can see motion of controller affecting the sparkles and wave thing on the active XMB background thingy, so you know if it's moving, it's sending data. I guess this could be different in game? Not sure if GT5 tells controller to stop sending motion sensor data or if controller always sends it and GT5 just ignores it.

I get annoyed with that controller "auto-off" in 10 minutes so I leave it on all the time, that's why I notice these differences in battery depletion- also because i use PS3 (*EDIT* PS3 browser) a lot these days (like for reading GTPlanet)..
 
Last edited:
And there was me thinking this was going to be a useful thread ...

It is useful. I didn't know there were settings for how long the controller stays on!

I haven't tried any enduros yet, but I'll give the BD remote a try when I do.
 
Back