Just a thought: GT History mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasanu
  • 4 comments
  • 1,022 views

nasanu

(Banned)
Messages
1,429
Japan
Australia
Messages
nasanu
Messages
nasanu
10+ years of GT and we are now onto the 5th full game. I would love to see what I call GT History mode to be included into GT5.

Imagine after completing say 80% of GT5, GT History was unlocked as a menu option. Entering you are presented with a challenge race. Gran Turismo 4. Its a single track from GT4 with a car from GT4 running inside the GT5 engine but with the same models, textures and physics from GT4. Complete that and its on to GT3. Then to GT2 and finally GT1. I think it would be awesome to see and experience how far GT has come from inside the world of GT5. Then after completing the GT1 challenge you would be able to mix and match. Say you want to take a GT5 car (graphics and physics) and run it on the GT3 track. Or take a blocky GT1 car and its crazy physics and run it on a GT5 track.

I think it would be so cool to see something like that. To be able to play the evolution of GT, in GT.

What do you think?
 
That does sound like a good idea, at least it does to me. I can't really imagine my blocky old Toyota Supra driving around Eiger Norwand, in its HD glory.
 
10+ years of GT and we are now onto the 5th full game. I would love to see what I call GT History mode to be included into GT5.

Imagine after completing say 80% of GT5, GT History was unlocked as a menu option. Entering you are presented with a challenge race. Gran Turismo 4. Its a single track from GT4 with a car from GT4 running inside the GT5 engine but with the same models, textures and physics from GT4. Complete that and its on to GT3. Then to GT2 and finally GT1. I think it would be awesome to see and experience how far GT has come from inside the world of GT5. Then after completing the GT1 challenge you would be able to mix and match. Say you want to take a GT5 car (graphics and physics) and run it on the GT3 track. Or take a blocky GT1 car and its crazy physics and run it on a GT5 track.

I think it would be so cool to see something like that. To be able to play the evolution of GT, in GT.

What do you think?
I think it would be even more awesome for GT5 to exist.💡
 
Think it's an awesome idea but it'd be even funnier if they spun it around and made you finish a race in GT1, then 2, then 3, then 4 before you got to play proper GT5.

Yeah I know - commercial suicide but it'd make me laugh so hard I'd pee out loud
 
Actually not a bad idea at all - a bit of nostalgia never hurt! Like most people say though, GT5 needs to come first.
 
Back