Just a thought..

  • Thread starter Thread starter JPS
  • 28 comments
  • 1,935 views

JPS

Messages
1,041
If side by side with another car going into a corner, instead of thinking i have priority, the other driver is probably thinking that too, try to go round together so then no one loses out and ends up of track, anyone else agree with the way i think?
 
If I'm going side by side towards a corner and know there's only a slim chance I'll make it through, I let the other driver pass.
 
You approach would be the most correct in my oppinion. But lets face it, until private rooms it is each man for himself so that manuvere would only make it through the corner 1 in a billion. Im using s00zster's approach.
 
If im on the inside and cant see the other guys bonnet infront or to the side then I consider myself to have priority.

However if I see the other guys bonnet inching infront of mine then regardless of whether im on the inside or outside I let them have priority.
 
I've done side-by-side through several corners (the esses in HSR lately) while battling with friends that I know aren't malicious (and have the skill to do it). Not with anyone else.

In normal situations, If I'm side by side and have the inside line I stick to it, but don't go wide on the exit (and that'll probably compromise the position I'm fighting for). If I'm on the outside, I back off, don't want to be punted, be it on purpose or by accident.
 
If the corner can carry two cars then yes I don't see a problem, though on more trickier turns like Casio for example its best to play safe then risking both of your races altogether.
 
I've done side-by-side through several corners (the esses in HSR lately) while battling with friends that I know aren't malicious (and have the skill to do it). Not with anyone else.

In normal situations, If I'm side by side and have the inside line I stick to it, but don't go wide on the exit (and that'll probably compromise the position I'm fighting for). If I'm on the outside, I back off, don't want to be punted, be it on purpose or by accident.

that is what I usually do
 
every time i enter a corner side by side i hope and pray:) that the guy next to my keeps his line, like i do. i must say most of the times we both survives the turn, unless the guy doesn't got the skills. then your toast :crazy:

i notice one other thing about the slipstream

i see some people keeping there braking and throttle point when slipstreaming. specifiekly entering the first corner at HSR and exiting the corner when entering the tunel.

as long as they don't bother me with it i don't really care that much but most of the time they punt you off.

so to everybody who don't adjust there braking and throttle point, PLEASE DO
 
Well, something strange happened in the showdowns, at the last corner of HSR GTP_Tzayad and me were side to side, he was on the inside so I took the outside, and as we were exiting hte corner he took the line and eventually got out, we had a little bump and nothing serious happened, I thought it was my falt and apologized but don't know in such cases who is to blame, if it hadn't been a GTP'er most likely I would've just slowed down to let him pass and catch his slipstream.
 
If the corner can carry two cars then yes I don't see a problem, though on more trickier turns like Casio for example its best to play safe then risking both of your races altogether.

+1 👍
 
HSR is a great place for side by side attempts

BUT theres no point as theres a lot of drafting in the straights anyways

Final corner of last lap is difficult

Most likely the person in front will block the inside so you go wide and re-dive to the inside of the exit hopefully adding some draft = pass unless like some weird racers who car about a 5,000 cr difference in a 1st or 2nd finish...


Unless it looks safe I will go for it but mostly no.
 
If you are in front or inside, you have the priority or the inside line. You might need to stay inside a little on the exit to keep the other person from going off the track, but if they aren't in front of you, they have to move for you, that's a commonly accepted rule of racing.
 
Even if I have the preferred racing line ( depending who is beside me ) , I will usually give it up as to not cause any wrecks. At times ( again depending on who it is ) , I may take it deep into the corner and do a " safe block pass " ( which is legal in motorsport racing ), once again it all hinges on who I am racing beside.
 
If you are in front or inside, you have the priority or the inside line. You might need to stay inside a little on the exit to keep the other person from going off the track, but if they aren't in front of you, they have to move for you, that's a commonly accepted rule of racing.

true. My only problem is not exactly seeing the car coming down the inside line under brakes with the cockpit veiw.I know you can toggle left/right but in the heat of battle (using G25) i d prefer the drivers mirror to show a bit more.
 
If you know the track well, go for it and break first. THis way you will be the first one on the gas for the straight.
 
You approach would be the most correct in my oppinion. But lets face it, until private rooms it is each man for himself so that manuvere would only make it through the corner 1 in a billion. Im using s00zster's approach.

I have gone through a corner with another racer before atleast a couple of times and clean.
 
This is a daily question on Fuji for me. But I believe when I am inside, I'm the first. Seen that in many real races this way. It's up on me and a kind of corner if I leave some place for opponent or force him to stay behind. I had been outbreaked many times this way and it's just clean racing for me. Certainly, if I'm second and I'm inside going into the corner too fast knowing an opponent will serve me as a wall, that's the bad way.
 
Last edited:
I drive in car veiw,this I believe is almost impossible to race side by side.Flicking on and off the side mirror is very disorientating,however I always endeavor to allow enough room for another driver,whether they are inside or out,it doesn't work out to often unless your running with like-minded drivers.
 
However if I see the other guys bonnet inching infront of mine then regardless of whether im on the inside or outside I let them have priority.

If you're on the inside line, the corner is yours, no matter whether someone has inched a nose in front of you or not. If I try a round-the-outside maneuver I fully expect to have to work for it. It's a race at the end of the day, not a parade lap, second place is first of the losers ;) It is a shame that there isn't a bonnet view however, I can't get on with cockpit view, and bumper-cam view doesn't appear to view from the outermost point of the car. You would think with 'the power of the playstation' you should in theory be able to have an almost infinitely adjustable player camera view (PD-are you listening?).
 
Last edited:
I agree that, with in-car view, it's difficult to know the exact whereabouts of opponents to the side.
However, with surround sound, I can hear that someone is to the side of me.
In this case I will always try to leave enough room in this situation.
If I can't see the front of his car to the side, then I fight the corner because he is only level at best. If I can see the front of his car, then usually he is winning the corner, so I give it up.
That's the theory. Reality is slightly more variable. :scared:
 
I agree that, with in-car view, it's difficult to know the exact whereabouts of opponents to the side.:

Exactly my idea too

However, with surround sound, I can hear that someone is to the side of me.
In this case I will always try to leave enough room in this situation.

It helps indeed

If I can't see the front of his car to the side, then I fight the corner because he is only level at best. If I can see the front of his car, then usually he is winning the corner, so I give it up.
That's the theory. Reality is slightly more variable. :scared:

My thoughts are the same. If ones thinks he faster then me through the corners he has to show it. I keep my line and will keep it
 
The rules of priority are destinguished yet hard to put into action when you have Lag and punting driver's. So basically I Drive to avoid accidents and if side by side with someone into a corner I prefer to backoff let them have the corner as the chance of someone going off the track is just not worth it, also I when its my fault that caused someone to go off track I always wait for them, which is also a consequence I don't deam worth chancing.;) I also would like to give a big thanks to those that Race at Suzuka and backoff before the first corner to let me take the lead, seeing how my Elise 111R is superior through the esses and they don't want to hold me up, that is real Racing courtesy!👍 It's also good to prevent the chance of any accidents or anything. Peace.;)
 
I also would like to give a big thanks to those that Race at Suzuka and backoff before the first corner to let me take the lead, seeing how my Elise 111R is superior through the esses and they don't want to hold me up, that is real Racing courtesy!👍 It's also good to prevent the chance of any accidents or anything. Peace.;)

Not sure I'm 100% with you on this one.
This is racing. Why should you give up the corner without (fair) resistance. Surely it's not discourteous to make your opponents work for their victory? It would be a boring race if everyone just moved aside for each other. May as well go time trialling.
 
Not sure I'm 100% with you on this one.
This is racing. Why should you give up the corner without (fair) resistance. Surely it's not discourteous to make your opponents work for their victory? It would be a boring race if everyone just moved aside for each other. May as well go time trialling.

+1 👍

You're allowed one move to block. If you don't use it then you deserve to be beaten.
 
+1 👍

You're allowed one move to block. If you don't use it then you deserve to be beaten.

Driving your line isn't blocking unless the other car gets up beside you. :sly:

If the other car gets a nose up by my quarter I'll give them room. (Or at least I'll try. I just ain't perfect.)

Reality is slightly more variable. :scared:

Yes it is.
 
Last edited:
I usually brake last ...and hard on the inside of the turn (that's when I'm on the inside)

when I,m the outside i "try" to turn parallel to the other car while maintaining my "outside" line.
It,s hard to do since you don't have a wide field of view and the side mirors are inexistent in the regular view :(
even in the cockpit view you have to make the driver turn his head ...and that's impossible while turning...unless you have more fingers lol
 
I have a copy of the LFS "Clean Racers Club Rules" and try as best as possible to live by it when online. In the situation you describe, a true "side by side" entry, then both of you should probably just try to take a line which does not interfere with the other driver. You will often see racing lines through a corner referred to as the "ideal" "low" and "high" lines. If one of you actually had a bit of a lead, even if that was only 1/2 a car, then the lead car has priority and the trailing car needs to give way.
 
I have a copy of the LFS "Clean Racers Club Rules" and try as best as possible to live by it when online. In the situation you describe, a true "side by side" entry, then both of you should probably just try to take a line which does not interfere with the other driver. You will often see racing lines through a corner referred to as the "ideal" "low" and "high" lines. If one of you actually had a bit of a lead, even if that was only 1/2 a car, then the lead car has priority and the trailing car needs to give way.


dude....I love you !!

when ever you are online pass by the Fuji pro fitted with a GT R35
I'm always there (when I'm online)

those are the kind of peeps I want to race

and again

Much man love from me to you:O
 
Not sure I'm 100% with you on this one.
This is racing. Why should you give up the corner without (fair) resistance. Surely it's not discourteous to make your opponents work for their victory? It would be a boring race if everyone just moved aside for each other. May as well go time trialling.

I've had a few GTP guys who used to race me a lot do stuff like that. Rather than pass my 111r at the last moment before the 130r they'd just brake a little later, because they know if they where that close then they'll just pass me on the front straight.
 
Back