Just been awarded my first race car-Esperante GTR-1 98! -what a car!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bailout
  • 24 comments
  • 1,719 views
Messages
162
Messages
jacker100
Esperante GTR-1 '98

I was awarded it for doing so many miles (forget how many), it is such a joy to drive, it wipes the floor with my existing fastest car a fully modded Ferrari Scuderia.

I've already upgraded it as far as it will go but it had most of the upgrades already.

Got a 7:39 on the Nurbergring on my first atempt (two crashes)! Its fast as hell and good on corners.
 
I remember how good that car was in GT3. It's worth having.
 
Great car, I'll grab when it appears if I have the cash :D

Does it still sound like a GT40, like it did in GT3?
 
I've had Playstations for years but I've never played a Gran Turismo game until GT5, I wanted to see what all the hype was for and I wasn't disappointed! Totally hooked.
 
I've never actually driven this but thought it looks very cool but weird :D. I won't be buying one though if it pops up in my UCD. Probably a waste of money because I've got better cars and the only reason I would of bought it before hand was if I was going to trade it but now as the 1.07 update, we can't. :(
 
Esperante GTR-1 '98

I was awarded it for doing so many miles (forget how many), it is such a joy to drive, it wipes the floor with my existing fastest car a fully modded Ferrari Scuderia.

I've already upgraded it as far as it will go but it had most of the upgrades already.

Got a 7:39 on the Nurbergring on my first atempt (two crashes)! Its fast as hell and good on corners.

you got it from a 1000K ticket
 
Ya it looks bitchin, love that car, can't wait to get my hands on her. And I'm betting it does sound like a GT40, after all it's a giant NA Ford V8.
 
lucky bastard, my ticket 1000 was a VW Golf :(
 
I need to get that Pesky Panoz, I got a Ferrari 330 P4 from my 1000 ticket, its just too bad I didn't have one already.
 
lucky bastard, my ticket 1000 was a VW Golf :(

:lol: I also got a rubbish car, the Mazda 2 :grumpy:. I've seen people say they've had like 3 consecutive good and rare cars. Like you said (this time with no language :dopey: ) Lucky Ba$tards. :)
 
Quick Question: Was this car in GT2 because whenever I see it I think of Gt2 but I was only young when I played it so I'm probably mistaken. Thanks :).
 
Quick Question: Was this car in GT2 because whenever I see it I think of Gt2 but I was only young when I played it so I'm probably mistaken. Thanks :).

No it was not, Panoz debuted in GT3.
 
I remember this baby from GT3, pretty sure mine had 1100 HP was my fav car

too bad it barely reaches 700 now, puts the car on the "never drive" list for me
 
Last edited:
It must be my lucky day today, first the Esperante race car and now I've just found a truck in the used car lot after weeks of searching, a yellow Chevrolet SSR '03.

I can enter that truck race now, way back in the beginners section. 👍
 
It must be my lucky day today, first the Esperante race car and now I've just found a truck in the used car lot after weeks of searching, a yellow Chevrolet SSR '03.

I can enter that truck race now, way back in the beginners section. 👍

Just a word of advice, you could have won the Dodge Ram by completing the IA License with just bronzes.
 
Oh well, I must have struggled with the licence tests early on and just couldn't be bothered with them, I'll probably go back once I struggle to get further.
 
It must be my lucky day today, first the Esperante race car and now I've just found a truck in the used car lot after weeks of searching, a yellow Chevrolet SSR '03.

I can enter that truck race now, way back in the beginners section. 👍

I think trucks are available in the OCD too... they always have.
 
I've had Playstations for years but I've never played a Gran Turismo game until GT5, I wanted to see what all the hype was for and I wasn't disappointed! Totally hooked.
Whatever you do don't play GT4
Oh well, I must have struggled with the licence tests early on and just couldn't be bothered with them, I'll probably go back once I struggle to get further.
Forget the license tests unless you want the prize cars which are poop anyways. Since GT5 has implemented the EXP system the license tests are moot.
 
Last edited:
Whatever you do don't play GT4

Forget the license tests unless you want the prize cars which are poop anyways. SInce GT5 has implemented the EXP system the license tests are moot.

My opinion, the Gold Prize for the S License is not poop, its very nice and can't be bought anywhere.
 
The Panoz really isn't that great.
 
Yeah the Esperante definitely has a very cool engine sound to it. I take it for a spin once or twice a week just because.
 
My opinion, the Gold Prize for the S License is not poop, its very nice and can't be bought anywhere.
I can get that car from my '09 ticket anytime I please for free 99
 
Good for you!
Actually I really don't give a damn about that car & only have it so I can trade for people who HAVE to have it. The same goes for the 370Z Academy.
 
Back