Just bought a new car

  • Thread starter Thread starter sliderulz
  • 4 comments
  • 503 views
Messages
1,276
It's a 1976 Chrysler GD Galant XL Sedan
(Dodge Colt or Mitsubishi Lancer depending on market)

Specs
1600 OHC inline four
3 speed automatic
Rear wheel drive
358 000kms on the clock and still running strong

The Good
Interior and Exterior are near perfect condition
Engine is quite strong for its age and mileage
Rare 'GT Body' Option
Nice set of mag wheels
Sheepskin seat covers
NO RUST!

The Bad
Engine has stuffed rings (drinks lots of oil)
Radiator and Thermostat are a bit tempremental

Not bad for $400 AUD ($292.25 USD)

Ideas-
By halfway through next year I will have installed a 2.6 litre reconditioned Mitsubishi Sigma engine and five speed gearbox with twin weber carburettors and extractors.

I want to turbocharge it with the manifolds etc of of the 83 Sigma 2.0 turbo (bolts right on)

Lower it and heaps more.

No pics as yet (don't have a digital camera) but here are a couple of pics that are like mine.
 

Attachments

  • dodge colt.jpg
    dodge colt.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 42
Same colour as mine but this is a GL
 

Attachments

  • galant2.jpg
    galant2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 41
I wish I could get a car for $292.50.

I can't say I like the car, but it's hard to go wrong with a car so cheap.
 
That's one of the reasons I bought it

My friend who sold it to me basically didn't want it any more. He had an AE86 Sprinter Levin a while ago and someone wrote it off, the insurance came through and he got to keep the wreck so he is rebuilding a new one with the 4A-GE in his old one and heaps of other stuff. I get the Galant in about a month.
 
I actually bought the whole car for 146.10 (200AUD) and paid the same again for the ROH mag wheels
 
Back