Just Bought GT Sport

• Thread starter Gyro1780
  • 27 comments
England
Surrey
Spoox777
So i just bought GT Sport. Wanted to give it a while for PD to patch any bugs. As i'm new to the game what things do i need to do first?

Controller setup?
I've just adjusted the chase cam a little.
Any recommendations for seat height/distance or is that personal choice? Think i went +2 higher & -1 back
Completed Driving School & moving onto missions.

Anything else?
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but after playing PC2... i'm still finding new things to adjust to my liking.

Controller setup?
Raise your steering sensivity to around 4

Stay away from that cam :lol:

Any recommendations for seat height/distance or is that personal choice? Think i went +2 higher & -1 back
I always put mine as far back as possible and adjust height by what‘s working best.
But usually I use hood/bonnet/roof cam anyways :D

Driving School, Circuit Experience and Missions are a good starting point 👍

Commiserations... to your free time.

You'll find GTS to be playable out of the box.

Most people seem to like default controller but have ABS default and maybe TCS 2/3? Try TCS 0 if brave. Everything else off.

Change your shift buttons to what you like.

Do 26 miles 42.5km a day at least to enjoy GTS loot boxes.

Also use dash cam, you can change the POV if you like.

Commiserations... to your free time.

You'll find GTS to be playable out of the box.

Most people seem to like default controller but have ABS default and maybe TCS 2/3? Try TCS 0 if brave. Everything else off.

Change your shift buttons to what you like.

Do 26 miles 42.5km a day at least to enjoy GTS loot boxes.

Also use dash cam, you can change the POV if you like.

Yeah changed controller to L1-Gear Up / R1-Gear Down
Don't use TCS or any other aids in GT but will see after i drive some more. Maybe +1?
Noticed the daily mileage thing. Shouldn't have any trouble completing that distance.

The levels of grip feel too unrealistic at the moment after playing PC2.

Raise your steering sensivity to around 4

Stay away from that cam :lol:

I always put mine as far back as possible and adjust height by what‘s working best.
But usually I use hood/bonnet/roof cam anyways :D

Driving School, Circuit Experience and Missions are a good starting point 👍

Thanks mate. Will have a play with that steering sensitity. Trying 4 first. Steering did feel a little slow.

This is a good thread for me to watch. I just ordered the Limited Edition last night on Amazon (for $33.60, which actually made it a buck cheaper than the Standard Edition), and am waiting in anticipation of its delivery on Friday.

I, too, had been waiting for any bugs to get sorted out and for the price to be right - and last night the price certainly was!

So i just bought GT Sport. Wanted to give it a while for PD to patch any bugs. As i'm new to the game what things do i need to do first?

Controller setup?
Completed Driving School & moving onto missions.

Anything else?
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but after playing PC2... i'm still finding new things to adjust to my liking.
I only use cockpit view when playing GT League but I always put maximum height and maximum forward.

I used to use chase cam and I always used close view but I didn’t remember the other details, I think I left them default.

My favourite view is roof cam.

This is a good thread for me to watch. I just ordered the Limited Edition last night on Amazon (for $33.60, which actually made it a buck cheaper than the Standard Edition), and am waiting in anticipation of its delivery on Friday.

I, too, had been waiting for any bugs to get sorted out and for the price to be right - and last night the price certainly was!

I paid £22.99 for mine. Brand new standard edition.

I only use cockpit view when playing GT League but I always put maximum height and maximum forward.

I used to use chase cam and I always used close view but I didn’t remember the other details, I think I left them default.

My favourite view is roof cam.

Always been chase cam with GT but cockpit on PC2. Quite like cockpit on GTS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah changed controller to L1-Gear Up / R1-Gear Down
Don't use TCS or any other aids in GT but will see after i drive some more. Maybe +1?
Noticed the daily mileage thing. Shouldn't have any trouble completing that distance.

The levels of grip feel too unrealistic at the moment after playing PC2.
I got GTS a few weeks ago, after coming over from PC2. When I felt GTS physics, I chose not to compare the games, because they serve different immersion purposes.
I will say, when I watch my replays, the physics look like the real deal.

I find AI in Arcade Professional, are more challenging, the faster the Group(Gr.3 and above).

Other than that, have fun with Livery Editor and all the different cars.

I got GTS a few weeks ago, after coming over from PC2. When I felt GTS physics, I chose not to compare the games, because they serve different immersion purposes.
I will say, when I watch my replays, the physics look like the real deal.

I find AI in Arcade Professional, are more challenging, the faster the Group(Gr.3 and above).

Other than that, have fun with Livery Editor and all the different cars.
I personally hate the AI. Over-aggressive and slow fellows. They always crash me out of the track when I’m lapping them.
If you need someone to race in lobbies or to share content (photos, replays and liveries) feel free to add me. I usually stick to the sport mode, but racing with GTP members is always nice! And I have some pretty cool liveries and I’m always reposting others’ cool stuff.

And tip for starters:
If you’re into competing and want to be really good at sport mode, go to circuit experience and destroy every gold time.

Chase cam: 1.0 for the first option (how sticky the cam is to the car movement), 0 shake, Near
I encourage you to try motion control for steering with whichever button layout you prefer
I change cockpit settings from car to car.

And play Sport Mode!

I must be honest I don't feel like I get a proper feel for where the car is and how it is turning without seeing it itself?

However I seem to notice all the top guys use bumper view and I'm sure I need to adapt to that to better myself but I just can't seem to get on with it.

I must be honest I don't feel like I get a proper feel for where the car is and how it is turning without seeing it itself?

However I seem to notice all the top guys use bumper view and I'm sure I need to adapt to that to better myself but I just can't seem to get on with it.
I'm the same; just got my first ever wheel and I'm still using chase cam a lot, or at least hood/roof cam.

Hood/Roof is what I use 95% of the time. For AI racing or just fooling around in lobbies I use cockpit.
Why there is no rear view mirror for hood/roof is still beyond my imagination tho 🤬

I think the "view/cam" stuff is an unreal problem.

Posh purists always say it's not good using chase cam, justifying that with "realism" needed (i don't' know how the bumper view could be defined realistic!! may be they drive their real cars seated between anterior tyres... :dunce:)

About performances i've seen "aliens" (the fastest drivers) choising all different view modes... including chase cam...

I think it's all about how you feel more confortable.

Just try different views and choose the one that makes you more confident.

PS
i use chase cam: i've tried all view modes and for my way to drive it's better to find the best lines and to avoid other cars but has a limit: there's no back mirror, really helpful during a fight race

Last edited:
Wow I always play with chase cam what do guys have against it?!

I'm slightly quicker with chase cam on GTS. PC2 i'm a bit quicker with cockpit.

Chase cam: 1.0 for the first option (how sticky the cam is to the car movement), 0 shake, Near
I encourage you to try motion control for steering with whichever button layout you prefer
I change cockpit settings from car to car.

And play Sport Mode!

Sorry mate don't like motion control. Tried it a month or so ago with PC2. Will try the 1.0 for first option though. Thanks :)

Same mate. I never use anything other than chase or cockpit cam. Tried roof/bumper/bonnet cams plenty of times in the past & always been slower. I guess it's what your used too.

I think the "view/cam" stuff is an unreal problem.

Posh purists always say it's not good using chase cam, justifying that with "realism" needed (i don't' know how the bumper view could be defined realistic!! may be they drive their real cars seated between anterior tyres... :dunce:)

About performances i've seen "aliens" (the fastest drivers) choising all different view modes... including chase cam...

I think it's all about how you feel more confortable.

Just try different views and choose the one that makes you more confident.

PS
i use chase cam: i've tried all view modes and for my way to drive it's better to find the best lines and to avoid other cars but has a limit: there's no back mirror, really helpful during a fight race

Cockpit can be fast too once you get your FOV setup right. I have it set just right for PC2. GTS looks a lot simpler to set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I always play with chase cam what do guys have against it?!

I play in chase cam almost always too. There was a period I tried bumper cam, as I felt it was easier to feel the car begin to lose traction in that view. But the benefits from seeing a much larger field of view in chase cam is so much more helpful to me in traffic.

See many posts about the lack of realism in physics ,damage,etc and then many drive on the roof or the front bumper. Pretty funny

Back