Just bought GT6, a few questions...

• Thread starter tkurgpold
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
tkurgpold
Hey all! Newest member here. :P

So, I just recently got GT6 installed on my PS3, and it's awesome. However, there are a few things bothering me that I was hoping I might be able to get some answers for here.

First off, how big are the updates? I bought the game off PSN, so frankly it's unacceptable that I'd get a digital copy of version 1.00 without a single update installed. Mostly, I'm interested in being able to sell cars, but otherwise I don't have a huge incentive to update.

Also, how do I get to the Top Gear track? I've heard it's available, but I can't find it anywhere in Arcade mode.(Speaking of arcade mode, I'd bring up the pathetic 2 pages of cars available, but evidently that's already been discussed)

Hi mate & welcome to GTPlanet :cheers:

The answer to your 1st question is........the updates are HUMONGOUS lol, probably about 20G I think & it'll probably take ages & also **** up a few times :(

There's a guide somewhere on the forum just use the search tool. Also I agree if you bought the digital version it should come pre-loaded but hey, it dont.

The answer to your 2nd question is..... there is no top gear test track in gt6 (officially) :)

In terms of selling cars, you can only sell them back to the game at a huge loss, not other players.

Add your own cars to favorites so you're able to use them in arcade mode (it's not as good as it was in GT5)

As a reminder though mate (you've probably already found this out but) as your 1st car you are forced to buy a Honda Fit to progress, but you can sell it once you have enough cash for a new car.

Your garage can hold 500 cars max after that you have to keep your cars in the stockyard 10000 cars max (however it takes ages to load/save) so your choice.

Any other questions mate feel free to ask there's a lot of helpful people on here.

Have fun & try not to smash your PS3 up while trying to install the updates :)

Last edited:
Hi mate & welcome to GTPlanet :cheers:

The answer to your 1st question is........the updates are HUMONGOUS lol, probably about 20G I think & it'll probably take ages & also **** up a few times :(

There's a guide somewhere on the forum just use the search tool. Also I agree if you bought the digital version it should come pre-loaded but hey, it dont.

The answer to your 2nd question is..... there is no top gear test track in gt6 (officially) :)

As a reminder though mate (you've probably already found this out but) as your 1st car you are forced to buy a Honda Fit to progress, but you can sell it once you have enough cash for a new car.

Your garage can hold 500 cars max after that you have to keep your cars in the stockyard 10000 cars max (however it takes ages to load/save) so your choice.

Any other questions mate feel free to ask there's a lot of helpful people on here.

Holy- :crazy: Well, that settles it, I get 90 kb/sec download speeds if I'm lucky.

As for the top gear track, I actually found out about it not being included just a few minutes ago, which sucks.👎

I hated the Fit, I still can't believe they'd force me to buy it. Even in Midnight Club, you get to choose from 3, and that game only has about 50 different cars. I really hope the ability to sell cars isn't hidden away in some update, because I really want to get rid of it so I can use the money on a drift build. :P

Have fun & try not to smash your PS3 up while trying to install the updates :)
Lol, not to worry, I'm not the type to start throwing controllers or anything. :D

Edit: One other question, do I have to update to use the track editor? I've made a few tracks, but I've realized that if I want to import the track, i have to sign into PSN... and I get signed out for playing on 1.00. Does this mean I can't use my custom tracks unless I get a better internet connection?(which, by the way, would literally mean my family would have to move.)

Last edited:
One other question, do I have to update to use the track editor? I've made a few tracks, but I've realized that if I want to import the track, i have to sign into PSN... and I get signed out for playing on 1.00. Does this mean I can't use my custom tracks unless I get a better internet connection?(which, by the way, would literally mean my family would have to move.)
Better start packing mate lol,
Sorry :) yeh unfortunately you need to update to version 1.22 in order to use online functionality which does include importing custom tracks (as far as I'm aware)

I hated the Fit, I still can't believe they'd force me to buy it. Even in Midnight Club, you get to choose from 3, and that game only has about 50 different cars. I really hope the ability to sell cars isn't hidden away in some update, because I really want to get rid of it so I can use the money on a drift build. :P

Maybe this fit RS tune can help :P

J's Racing Honda FIT RS Turbo '10 450PP

Special build of J's Racing Honda FIT RS '10 at 450PP based on Super Taikyu
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Honda FIT RS '10
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 237 HP at 7300 RPM
Torque : 181.2 ft-lb at 6300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 930 kg
Ballast : 53 kg
Ballast Position : -43
Weight Distribution : 62 / 38 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - OPTIONAL - the J's Racing FIT has extensive chassis reinforcement and roll cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing - Custom Wing Type B
Wheels : Standard Size - RAYS 57Gainer in GT6 Matte 017
Car Paint : GT6 Polarized 016

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - J's Racing SPL OHLINS TYPE S Coilover Kit ( -50mm/-60mm maximum drop )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 90
Spring Rate: 10.00 6.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 3 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: 0.07 -0.07 ( Optional rear toe out : -0.60 or -0.28 for better turn in response )

LSD - 1.5 way LSD -medium preload
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed Close ratio with ATS Final Gear
Install all power parts
Set Default
Use default Auto Max Speed at 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.175
3rd 1.650
4th 1.325
5th 1.100
6th 0.925
Set Final : 4.688 - ( adjust final according to track if necessary )

AERO
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
8/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 2 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I love this car, I really do !!!

For every GT6 player, this car is a must have :lol: The 1st car that every garage owner should be proud of, the FIT RS is a beginner's car, yet it has great potential when tuned and sounds decent, just don't use stock exhaust :lol:

This 450PP build is based on J's Racing Honda FIT RS track car ( Super Taikyu ). The weight distribution is fixed to replicate real life specification at 62/38, another GT6 mistake :) Fear not, this nose heavy FF is still agile and a rocket on twisty tracks.

For suspension, J's Racing OHLINS Type S coilover is used, with 10kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear spring rate, the coilover allows -50mm drop on the front and -60mm drop at the rear. With damper tuned for balance and response, this FIT eats corners at Tsukuba with ease.

LSD is 1.5 way with medium preload for good response when traction is needed most, and low locking rate to balance things out.

Transmission uses 6 speed custom close ratio combined with ATS Final Gear at 4.688 :D This gives the FIT awesome acceleration that keeps the engine in sweet power range of the high rpm turbo. Adjust the final if necessary when higher top speed is required.

The car was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP + Indy, Nurb GP/F and Streets of Willow :D
The J's Racing FIT RS 450PP is capable of mid 1:05s lap at Tsukuba on comfort soft. Included below is the replay file of the test lap with the time done on 1st lap :D Take a note of how braking is done on 1st corner, smooth is fast 👍

Don't forget to try this little pocket rocket on sports medium ( R comp semi slick ) to appreciate just how wonderful a FIT can be on the track !!!

ENJOY :cheers:

For downloading update, I suggest to do it one by one, meaning press cancel after one update finished downloading, and let it install. This is the safest way to avoid problems. Restart the game and PS3 after each update.

I got the digital download a couple of weeks back and the 22 - yes, 22! - updates are a major undertaking even on a fast broadband connection. Most of the problems with the update procedure relate to disc versions, and the piecemeal update process that people recommend is to avoid the possibility of losing all unsaved progress as you download, install and then run the game in turn.
Again, this really relates to the disc version and may not be necessary for the digital version but, just to be safe...
This is the process I did under the latest instructions on the GT6 website forums: download the first 6 updates in one block, install them and then run the game to confirm the installation. The remaining updates need to be done one by one: download, install, run game. You also need to disable the internet connection in the Network Settings on the PS3 each time between installations.
It will take forever to do this. It will be worth it for the new tracks and cars - the Senna pack is great - contained in the endless, bloody slow, mountain of data. Good luck.

I got the digital download a couple of weeks back and the 22 - yes, 22! - updates are a major undertaking even on a fast broadband connection. Most of the problems with the update procedure relate to disc versions, and the piecemeal update process that people recommend is to avoid the possibility of losing all unsaved progress as you download, install and then run the game in turn.
Again, this really relates to the disc version and may not be necessary for the digital version but, just to be safe...
This is the process I did under the latest instructions on the GT6 website forums: download the first 6 updates in one block, install them and then run the game to confirm the installation. The remaining updates need to be done one by one: download, install, run game. You also need to disable the internet connection in the Network Settings on the PS3 each time between installations.
It will take forever to do this. It will be worth it for the new tracks and cars - the Senna pack is great - contained in the endless, bloody slow, mountain of data. Good luck.
Is there any danger of my game becoming corrupted? And if so, can I back it up? I really don't want to have to re-download it all over again...

Is there any danger of my game becoming corrupted? And if so, can I back it up? I really don't want to have to re-download it all over again...
If your game ever gets corrupt, just re-downloaded the updates that is all you can do.

If you read through the many threads here and on the GT6 forums concerning the update problems, you'll see that it seems to be one of the larger updates that were getting corrupted and freezing the whole process - #10 0r 13 usually. Hence the download - install - run sequence to save where you are at. Once you are past # 13 or so, you can double up on the downloads as they get smaller in size. I had no issues at all, but didn't want to run the risk of a hanging update download, so I did the one-at-a-time sequence. It took most of the day as the Sony servers are bloody slow.

If you read through the many threads here and on the GT6 forums concerning the update problems, you'll see that it seems to be one of the larger updates that were getting corrupted and freezing the whole process - #10 0r 13 usually. Hence the download - install - run sequence to save where you are at. Once you are past # 13 or so, you can double up on the downloads as they get smaller in size. I had no issues at all, but didn't want to run the risk of a hanging update download, so I did the one-at-a-time sequence. It took most of the day as the Sony servers are bloody slow.
So it'll download an installer? Does that mean as long as it downloads okay, I won't be in any danger of a corrupted game?

It doesn't have an "installer" per se. You download and install an update to the PS3, stop the process, run the game and install the update into the game. Then repeat the process 20 odd more times. The link is PD's explanation of how to do it. Depending upon your ISP it can take hours or a whole day. Connecting with an ethernet streamlines the process.

Good luck and welcome to GTP!

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/22766000

Back