Just bought the game....

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 11 comments
  • 1,221 views

CodeRedR51

Premium
Messages
56,006
United States
United States
...and it's fricken hard! Unless I'm doing something wrong? Been a long time GT player and it seems like PD has upped the difficulty level on this one.

Also found myself getting very frustrated at the AI in the Tuned races. I'm the one that gets run into and then hit with a penalty?:yuck: I'm sure PD may have fixed this with an update, but I don't have internet at home just yet so I'm working off of the basic game code here.

So far though.....👍

Favorite car at the moment: GT-R. Although I haven't had a chance to drive the R8 yet. My next purchase will be the Mines Skyline though.

Edit: passed the Suzuki Cappuccino race by .2xx of a second just by doing lots of drafting and letting the AI ram me from behind. Took me over an hour to pass that one though.
 
Yes there have been updates, and yes it's easier now. You almost never get a penalty for contact with an AI car with Spec III update.

But alot of us have beaten the S-class in Spec I.

My advice if you're running Spec I is to get the Tuned Lotus 111R. That car can win anything in Spec I. The Tuned Clio is also very strong in any spec.
 
Good to know its easier with the updates. I'll look into getting the lotus.
 
Good to know its easier with the updates. I'll look into getting the lotus.

Not only is Spec III been made easier but you get more money too, I could have used to more cash when I was saving up for my first F2007 :indiff: :p
 
Good to know its easier with the updates. I'll look into getting the lotus.

When you get to S10 i think the only car to win with is the tuned Clio.
 
When you get to S10 i think the only car to win with is the tuned Clio.

There are several cars that can beat S10 in any spec. I think the first time I beat S10 in Spec 1 it was with the GT LM. But I also used the 111R T, the Clio T, the Z06 T, the GT06, the Mines, the Skyline T, and the Amuse. The GT-R, the F430, the 599, the Blitz, the Evo X T, the Viper T, the standard Z06, and the standard Viper can also win S10.

My Spec 1 tune for the 111R is up in the 111R here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3134968&postcount=78 Give that a shot.
 
I'm the one that gets run into and then hit with a penalty?:yuck:

that usually happens when you approach a turn the wrong way and they hit you, since you were the one doing it wrong you get the penalty :P
 
...and it's fricken hard! Unless I'm doing something wrong? Been a long time GT player and it seems like PD has upped the difficulty level on this one.

Also found myself getting very frustrated at the AI in the Tuned races. I'm the one that gets run into and then hit with a penalty?:yuck: I'm sure PD may have fixed this with an update, but I don't have internet at home just yet so I'm working off of the basic game code here.

So far though.....👍

Favorite car at the moment: GT-R. Although I haven't had a chance to drive the R8 yet. My next purchase will be the Mines Skyline though.

Edit: passed the Suzuki Cappuccino race by .2xx of a second just by doing lots of drafting and letting the AI ram me from behind. Took me over an hour to pass that one though.


GT5P AI is fixed. If you race a clean race line, you will never get punish. Drive like you would in real life.

hmm.. tips?

Really play on PRO mode and everything off.. hardest way but fastest way to learn to drive like a professional GT player.
You have a wheel? In GT5P Wheels really help a lot to keep car under control, but has really steep learn curve.
 
No wheel yet. I am currently playing in pro mode with no assists. Although I don't touch the ABS settings. That is how I have played GT forever. May get the internet here within the next week, so we can update to Spec III. I think I read somewhere that I will have to do the races all over. Correct?
 
WOW Spec III will blow you're mind away with physics. It changed so much. As well Sound and AI is way better... Thats why I mention that if you race good, AI will be good.

No all the Races will be saved. So you don't have to worry. But they will be upgrade with more money and made easy. As well you will receive additional cars with new update.



PS good luck with update.
You may restart Console after many times to finish it. But don't worry if you have 30% completed and you get error. Quit game, and restart game Install patch it will start from 0% but once you get about 70% it will finish since first time you got 30%..
Good luck, cant wait to race you online.
 
The online racing should be fun. I'm the kind of person that, if I can't pass cleanly I don't pass as all. Not worried about being the winner 24/7. Just want good clean racing. :)
 
I do the same most of the times. I only take a chance when to pass.. seems other people are backing off for me.. maybe they need more guts? its racing, and sometimes you need to make crucial moves. always keep your cool
 
Back