Just Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 15 comments
  • 815 views

JohnBM01

21 years!
In Memoriam
Messages
26,911
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
Messages
JMarine25
I'm going to tell you something. As a car fanatic, I know that you have your Chevys, Fords, BMWs, Audis, and whatever else. Some people see cars as... just cars. But to me, I often see cars as more than just cars. I see some cars as cars that offer different technology and special feautres. I don't always see a car (now that I think about it) as a hunk of metal with four tires, an engine, and a steering wheel. I mean, look at the transmission in the latest Audi TT. It has a shifting mode that I cannot remember or comprehend, but I think you have this semi-automatic transmission. Or for an example in the commercials, some Lexuses have "Smart Key" technology which recognizes its driver. And what about Subaru's legendary all-wheel drive? That GMC wih the retractable roof allows for bigger stuff to go into the truck and is highly adaptable. BMW had that I-drive system for enhanced driving, but some considered it rather strange to operate. I can go on and on, but I have to end this intro before I reach my "limit" of how much to type for an intro.

So anyhow, do you think cars are much different from one another, or do you see cars as... just cars?
 
I see cars as transport. Nothing more. Nothing less.
 
Thats cos you're a bastige.

It is irrational to become so attached to a piece of machinery. Even more irrational to fork out the thousands or hundreds of thousands of currency to own one.

But then again, getting goosebumps on your arm from the roar of a aircooled 911, or letting your jaw drop as a Diablo screams past you on the motorway is also irrational. For me a car is not just a car, but one has to draw the line somewhere when it comes to try to procure one for the price of a luxury home, when there are plenty of cheaper, equally as practical alternatives present.
 
That GMC wih the retractable roof allows for bigger stuff to go into the truck and is highly adaptable.

Two-to-one says they sell exactly three and end up apologizing to the motor industry for not researching the fact that this vehicle had NO MARKET. But it's worse. Not only does it have no market, it NEVER had a market and never WILL have a market. It's trash from GM. I'm all for GMC being different than Chevrolet, but not with pointless trash like the Envoy XUV.

NO MARKET!!!!!!

NONE!!!

👍
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
I'm going to tell you something. As a car fanatic, I know that you have your Chevys, Fords, BMWs, Audis, and whatever else. Some people see cars as... just cars. But to me, I often see cars as more than just cars. I see some cars as cars that offer different technology and special feautres. I don't always see a car (now that I think about it) as a hunk of metal with four tires, an engine, and a steering wheel. I mean, look at the transmission in the latest Audi TT. It has a shifting mode that I cannot remember or comprehend, but I think you have this semi-automatic transmission. Or for an example in the commercials, some Lexuses have "Smart Key" technology which recognizes its driver. And what about Subaru's legendary all-wheel drive? That GMC wih the retractable roof allows for bigger stuff to go into the truck and is highly adaptable. BMW had that I-drive system for enhanced driving, but some considered it rather strange to operate. I can go on and on, but I have to end this intro before I reach my "limit" of how much to type for an intro.

So anyhow, do you think cars are much different from one another, or do you see cars as... just cars?

Well, truthfully, Im sorta like you, I dont really see a car as Just a car. yes, some can be looked at as just a "point A to point B" car, but most cars are so advanced these days, that like JohnBM01 said, they can recognize there driver, just by the key! Thats pretty amazing stuff. Even like the Toyota's VVT-i engines. Variable Valve Timing??:eek: Adjusting the valve timing in mid-driving, I mean Jeez, cars arent JUST cars!
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
I'm going to tell you something. As a car fanatic, I know that you have your Chevys, Fords, BMWs, Audis, and whatever else. Some people see cars as... just cars. But to me, I often see cars as more than just cars. I see some cars as cars that offer different technology and special feautres. I don't always see a car (now that I think about it) as a hunk of metal with four tires, an engine, and a steering wheel. I mean, look at the transmission in the latest Audi TT. It has a shifting mode that I cannot remember or comprehend, but I think you have this semi-automatic transmission. Or for an example in the commercials, some Lexuses have "Smart Key" technology which recognizes its driver. And what about Subaru's legendary all-wheel drive? That GMC wih the retractable roof allows for bigger stuff to go into the truck and is highly adaptable. BMW had that I-drive system for enhanced driving, but some considered it rather strange to operate. I can go on and on, but I have to end this intro before I reach my "limit" of how much to type for an intro.

So anyhow, do you think cars are much different from one another, or do you see cars as... just cars?
I see cars as a unique things but my family say " as long as its reliable and gets me from point A to point B i am happy"
 
Anyone seen cannon ball run?

"Two priests in a Ferrari?!"
"Ya, they're doing the lords work. They're just doing it a little faster."
 
Heh, I cried when my Civic got destroyed by a truck. I'd say it's more than just a car.

I didn't even cry when any of my grandparents died :p
 
hiya! :D :O :lol:


I think that the general public will think of cars as just cars. As a transportation from one place to the next, but...they wont think its just a CAR when they get in an accident!!!! But I also think I am wrong at the same time. Iunno blah its hard to tell because its just so many people you see everyday who take car of their car and some who dont really. But anyways, I look at cars as expensive transportation that is very useful and whatever car you can afford or if you hagve one already, take care of it to avoid spending money on a new car when it isnt necessary.

P.S Spend on a new or a used car if you really want that certain car. Up to you!:O :lol: :lol:
 
A car is definitely not just a thing I use to get from point A to point B - unless we're talking about my Lexus. To say that I am obsessed with cars would be an understatement. I probably spend 90% of the day thinking about cars.

Soon to be on my what? 7th car - in two years? I love 'em.
 
Glad you mentioned Lexus. If I'm not just getting into Mercedes-Benz latest line of cars, I'm surely getting into Lexus. Have you seen that RX330? I'm not big on SUVs, but that truck is so beautiful. The latest RX330 was shown in a commercial with a rear-view little monitor. The premise behind the topic is that whatever good about the car can be found in others. But when you think about it, all cars are built differentely. Like if you have Saturns, you know you have those dent-resistent side panels, for example. The latest Nissan Quest and Toyota Sienna vans are both very luxurious and beautiful. They offer features apart from what a fully-optioned car can have. When you think about them, you compare a Ford Excursion to a Honda Element. All cars are built differentely and for different purposes. Note that I said ALL cars. And it's the truth. Daihatsus are built so that what you can find in a full-sized car you can get in a much smaller car. Honda is one of my favorite Japanese car companies because they always seem to think differentely as in how to design cars with incredible reliability and great technology. GMC are basically work vehicles available for the public. The Minis were fun cars that provided sportscar aura in a small package. Almost any Ferrari is a big diversion from cars you are normally accustomed to. Get my drift?

Each car is "just a car" until you begin to think about what a car can offer while driving or testing out each of its features. Everything from a Daihatsu Midget to the almighty McLaren F1 are just cars, but when you consider what they offer for the highways and roads of the world, you begin to think differentely. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some rugby to watch.
 
You watch rugby?! Do Americans even get that on telly?

Sorry, back on topic...
 
I think it's archived rugby courtesy of FOX Sports World. Right now, it's halftime, and the Brumbies are whipping the Crusaders a$$es. How about this: 11 minutes, three tries. Score is 33-14 for the Super 12 Final. The game was looking like a college football blowout.
 
Edit: Whoops. Editted out teh spoilers :D, but yea, for a final it was a good one. One of the best in years.
 
Originally posted by JohnBM01
Glad you mentioned Lexus. If I'm not just getting into Mercedes-Benz latest line of cars, I'm surely getting into Lexus. Have you seen that RX330? I'm not big on SUVs, but that truck is so beautiful. The latest RX330 was shown in a commercial with a rear-view little monitor. The premise behind the topic is that whatever good about the car can be found in others. But when you think about it, all cars are built differentely. Like if you have Saturns, you know you have those dent-resistent side panels, for example. The latest Nissan Quest and Toyota Sienna vans are both very luxurious and beautiful. They offer features apart from what a fully-optioned car can have. When you think about them, you compare a Ford Excursion to a Honda Element. All cars are built differentely and for different purposes. Note that I said ALL cars. And it's the truth. Daihatsus are built so that what you can find in a full-sized car you can get in a much smaller car. Honda is one of my favorite Japanese car companies because they always seem to think differentely as in how to design cars with incredible reliability and great technology. GMC are basically work vehicles available for the public. The Minis were fun cars that provided sportscar aura in a small package. Almost any Ferrari is a big diversion from cars you are normally accustomed to. Get my drift?

Each car is "just a car" until you begin to think about what a car can offer while driving or testing out each of its features. Everything from a Daihatsu Midget to the almighty McLaren F1 are just cars, but when you consider what they offer for the highways and roads of the world, you begin to think differentely. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some rugby to watch.
Yeah the Rx330 is nice but have you seen the infiniti FX45? way better or equivlent.
 
PimpRacer, to tell you the truth, I'm not an Infiniti fan. The only one I like is the G35. FX45 should probably be in my SUV thread. The QX56 is very ugly to me. I mean, I'm not an Infiniti fan.

By the way, congratulations to the Brumbies who still won that rubgy game I saw last night.
 
Back