Just corrupted my save, 1.00 bug?

New Zealand
New Zealand
Been playing version 1.00 as I have no internet right now, started it up and got that strange language change message. So it loads up and I have no cars in the garage, no money to buy a car to continue my current save, and even though it says I'm currently in a car, I'm not.

Corrupted after 80+ driving hours and over 10,000 miles traveled, it saved over my backup. Something like $15,000,000+ spent on tuning gone to waste.

Pretty sure I did not interrupt any saving so is this a 1.00 bug?

In status it still has my mileage and 800 or so races won, but the stars are gone.

Surprisingly enough I'm still really enjoying starting this again so I think it really must be a great game.

Who else has experienced the pain of losing any of their GT saves before?

Last edited:
Been playing version 1.00 as I have no internet right now, started it up and got that strange language change message. So it loads up and I have no cars in the garage, no money to buy a car to continue my current save, and even though it says I'm currently in a car, I'm not.

Corrupted after 80+ driving hours and over 10,000 miles traveled, it saved over my backup. Something like $15,000,000+ spent on tuning gone to waste.

Pretty sure I did not interrupt any saving so is this a 1.00 bug?

In status it still has my mileage and 800 or so races won, but the stars are gone.

Surprisingly enough I'm still really enjoying starting this again so I think it really must be a great game.

Who else has experienced the pain of losing any of their GT saves before?

Many of us here, my GT5 save corrupted once but GT6 never did for me.

A couple of pro tips - Back up your save regularly onto a USB stick . Plus if the data gets corrupted just simply delete the regular GT6 game save and the game will load the back up GT6 save game instead . This will mean minimal loss of data . USB backup is always your best friend for GT however.

Back