Just finish another 24 LeMans and it froze!

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxfai
  • 22 comments
  • 1,931 views
Messages
34
Messages
foxfai
I just watch my B-spec driver finish it's 24 LeMans, I hit confirm at the result screen. Then there is a logo of GT5 at the bottom right corner (gray color) and it stuck there.

I can bring up the ps3 menu but I can see it's shuddering. (like slow motion) Other then that it won't move! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

When I hit the eject button, the screen went to a gray scale color with a ferris wheel in the background. Pop the disc back and the ps3 restarted. 👎

24 hours of exp gone. Who knows what else I lose before my save.
 
24 hrs B-Spec or A-Spec with no save option are just totally insane. 👎

Sooner or later someone will sue Kaz for compensation, player nervous breakdown or overheated PS3 setting a house on fire, something like that.

Thumbs down, definitely.
 
OT. Whats that in your avatar Freschka?
 
OMG !! That Sux !!!
I personaly, won't play any of the 24h races until or if PD provide some sort of save option during the race....
 
OT. Whats that in your avatar Freschka?

It's Sebastien Buemi in the Chinese Grand Prix of 2010.
During Practice his wheel tethers and suspension just gave out under braking.
 
Rivetting tale sir. Totally thread worthy.
 
It's Sebastien Buemi in the Chinese Grand Prix of 2010.
During Practice his wheel tethers and suspension just gave out under braking.

Under braking?? I thought is was at wot halfway down the straight...
 
Under braking?? I thought is was at wot halfway down the straight...

It wasn't it was at the 100 metre or so before the gravel trap which is where you need to brake.
 
It wasn't it was at the 100 metre or so before the gravel trap which is where you need to brake.

Oh cool my bad.

Yes to save feature it's such a joke...
 
they must add saving feature for god sake.

The option to save an enduro has been met with a lot of resistance from purists and elitests who feel it's not realistic and fear people would abuse the save game to "cheat" a failure mid enduro.
 
24 hours of exp gone. Who knows what else I lose before my save.

That is horrible...

I have had GT5 freeze once on me, but I didn't lose much to be worried about. I've left it on for days at a time and not had an issue.

Can you imagine racing A-Spec endurance and have it crash...
 
It's a computer and software, it's bound to have problems. Just a fact of life, not neccassarily a fun one, but still part of the risk of playing for long periods of time.
 
How about a save function but you could only save after 2-3 hours? Make it like so you cannot save whenever you like so it feels a little more like endurance? :)
 
that happens to me online all the time. Pretty furstrating
 
How about a save function but you could only save after 2-3 hours? Make it like so you cannot save whenever you like so it feels a little more like endurance? :)

Why not let people save whenever they want? It is a game, I know that due to the fact that it is not possible to save I will never play the 24h races even that I want to.

And just add a trophy for playing it 24h straight without saving, problem solved.
 
Last edited:
If your logged into the PSN Network and GT5 ends up freezing, before you do anything like eject the disc or restart the PS3, log out of the PSN Network and that should unfreeze GT5 in most cases.
 
The option to save an enduro has been met with a lot of resistance from purists and elitests who feel it's not realistic and fear people would abuse the save game to "cheat" a failure mid enduro.

I'm hardly a purist, but an endurance race that doesn't require any endurance certainly can't be viewed as an endurance race, can it? I'd much rather be given the opportunity to save between races in a series.
 
Is there any possible way to do 24 Hour endurance on A-spec?
Anyone done it?
 
I respect purists but I tire of their need to force people to have their outlook on a "game". Why not have the save feature so you can save at anytime you wish for those that aren't "purists"? The purists will then just not use it. Everybody is happy. Most adults don't have time to devote a full 24 hrs to a silly game. I love GT5 but folks it's just a game. Just some perspective.

I too lost data after an enduro. It was at the 9 hour Tsukuba race. On exit of winning the race it froze at the GT black screen. All money and milage on car lost but for some reason my driver got his xp.

With the obvious flaws of the PS3 there should be a save and a pause function available for those of us not throughly wrapped up in the games world. Again those that don't like those features don't have to use it. Common sense really. And keeps all happy.
 
Last edited:
Back