Just Finished the Dumbest Race Ever… and it’s Pretty Funny

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
So, I just had the most ridiculous experience at the 700 le Manz…

I’m at the end of the race and sitting about 2 cars lengths from the finish line waiting for the clock to run out… Suddenly “R. Haywood” smashes into the back of me, I’m holding the brakes but he continues to accelerate and push just enough of the front of my car over through the finish. In hindsight, maybe giving some throttle in reverse could have helped but it happened pretty fast. Of course then he reverses ten feet and drives around me…

08752AD7-F98D-43ED-938C-12EE2D4F4E2D.png

At this point on Fuel Map 6 I have about (.2) 1/5th of a lap of fuel left and my tires are nearly bald. As I freaking out and I wonder if I can drive backwards and re-enter the pit lane…

71802829-495F-46BE-BDD0-2B23F68B1E2D.png

Nope. So not only did it waste more fuel for that but once I try and enter it goes into auto mode and accelerates me full throttle through the rest of the pit.. Now I’m starting the lap with a full minute and ten seconds on the clock.

E8C08F55-7361-48DC-81E5-61247E695650.png

This immediately reminded me of the “Eco Challenge” from Beyond the Horizon; now I get to actually try it in a race. With careful throttle, coasting and gear changes I was able to make it feet from the finish before completely running out… and I was excited to make it in front of the handful of cars behind me.

C531A6C0-B3B8-487B-BAD8-BC6CFC85AE8F.png

After all that stress and feeling pretty slick for still managing first place I remembered something…

It was a TIMED race and cars are only finishing the lap before the timer went off. So the cars close behind me were finishing their 6th lap, the cars behind them had finished their 7th (because thankfully I had it on easy mode this time) and I was on my 8th.

EBF71A59-E4B9-42F5-984F-73806823612D.jpeg

So I basically stressed out for no reason and could have coasted the 50 mph on empty If it came to that.
Anyway, not sure if you all have experienced this same thing or not but figured it would give someone a laugh

Last edited:
It takes about 31 seconds from the time the pit lane sequence begins to the time you cross the finish line, and another second before you actually hit the pit. Judging by the time stamps on the first two screenshots, there is no way you would have made it to your pit box before the 30-minute mark, so your crew would not have been allowed to service your car.

Let that be a lesson - park on the side of the track instead of the middle next time.

That has never happened to me before, but what a weird, funny way to end a race. I bet you were tripping out. Glad it all worked out for you!!

It takes about 31 seconds from the time the pit lane sequence begins to the time you cross the finish line, and another second before you actually hit the pit. Judging by the time stamps on the first two screenshots, there is no way you would have made it to your pit box before the 30-minute mark, so your crew would not have been allowed to service your car.

Let that be a lesson - park on the side of the track instead of the middle next time.
I’m a little confused…

Are you saying that if he bumped me into the 8th lap sooner with more time on the clock, and was able to go through pits before 30 min mark that I would have been able to service the car even though it was “After” starting my lap?!

That’s what I was trying do. He hit me, then continued to push me through… then I drove in reverse and pulled a J turn and drove backwards to the entrance of the pit lane.

I dont mean to downplay your race, but the DP100 is like cheating, the car simply is to good to race ;)
No man, it’s all good. The race is just a grind

On of the things I like about this race is that being locked at 30 minutes lets me enjoy driving all sorts of cars (including slow ones) without feeling that I’m earning at a slower rate because of it.

However, I’ve found the DP-100 very good at completing 7 laps of this race very consistently at 30 min, give or take a handful of seconds (with the exception of arriving a bit early and waiting like this race). I find some cars will take a bit longer depending on the weather if they are forced to do an extra lap.

I know most people hate driving it because the handling and stability is garbage but that low and flat power curve makes short shifting ridiculously powerful. The fuel mileage benefit it gets is pretty crazy, especially for a road car.

@Chris30 What part are you referring to?

EDIT:
@Chris30 I saw your first post after writing this one but wasn’t sure what you were asking about

👍
my PSN is BobbyDx123
Haven’t done the lobby or sport mode races yet but will give it a try sometime

Last edited:
I’m a little confused…

Are you saying that if he bumped me into the 8th lap sooner with more time on the clock, and was able to go through pits before 30 min mark that I would have been able to service the car even though it was “After” starting my lap?!

That’s what I was trying do. He hit me, then continued to push me through… then I drove in reverse and pulled a J turn and drove backwards to the entrance of the pit lane.

No man, it’s all good. The race is just a grind

On of the things I like about this race is that being locked at 30 minutes lets me enjoy driving all sorts of cars (including slow ones) without feeling that I’m earning at a slower rate because of it.

However, I’ve found the DP-100 very good at completing 7 laps of this race very consistently at 30 min, give or take a handful of seconds (with the exception of arriving a bit early and waiting like this race). I find some cars will take a bit longer depending on the weather if they are forced to do an extra lap.

I know most people hate driving it because the handling and stability is garbage but that low and flat power curve makes short shifting ridiculously powerful. The fuel mileage benefit it gets is pretty crazy, especially for a road car.
What is your PSN account so I can add you as a friend. Maybe in the future we can do some lobby races when I have more spare time. My family/health come first. Thank you, :)

I’m a little confused…

I just tried it on my throwaway account, and it will respawn you on the track just before the last Ford chicane if you pit before the checkered flag begins waving at the end of 30 minutes.

I just tried it on my throwaway account, and it will respawn you on the track just before the last Ford chicane if you pit before the checkered flag begins waving at the end of 30 minutes.
Interesting. After the respawn, were you still required to do an additional lap or did it “erase” the fact that a new lap had been started and allow you to run out the clock?

if you pass the finish line, you can't back up and enter the pit lane. it will just respawn you outside of it.

Back