Just got it today...

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
and so far, it's awesome. First 3 cars purchased are, in order:

1. VW Golf Mark V
2. Suzuki Cappacino
3. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe

The Honda Integra will be next just to complete the take-over challenge.

So far, it's pretty amazing. The cockpit view doesn't feel weird like in other games. (It's hard to explain. Just...in some games the cockpit doesn't feel right. I have notice that pitlanes have been changed. First of all, Edgar has one, now...or at least the yellow lines leading up to one. But, HSR's pit lane entrance has been moved. And Fuji's is a LOT easer to spot and get into. They'e practically made a landing strip for you on Fuji. All in all, pretty awesome. Can't way for GT5. :)

Congrats on the purchase! I've never thought of the Eiger's "pit road" really. Quite a selection of cars, too. I've been logging in my drift report while I wait for GT5. It's been 2 days and I'm not even done a quarter of the cars I'm doing a drift test on the Eiger Nordwand Forward, just to compile some stats. So far the BMW M3 Coupe has crushed everything, even the Concept by GT racecars. I hope to publish it soon here on GTP.

And have fun!

I'll probably do a time trial run at Daytona Road Course. Which is an awesome course, btw. Almost feels like you're racing in the 24 Hours of Daytona...almost. :)

I'll probably do a time trial run at Daytona Road Course. Which is an awesome course, btw. Almost feels like you're racing in the 24 Hours of Daytona...almost. :)

Almost. I'm still doing my Drift Sessions. I'm only at Honda but GTP will be the first to get this. I'll have it up before Wednesday (school!) but it's becoming increasingly difficult., because my controller's a peice of ****. I mean it has problems of moving my car in strange directions without me hitting a button, and because it's a cheapy Gamestop controller, it's covered in masking tape.

Are you using a controller or steering wheel?

This is why I ONLY buy Sony controllers. They're much better and can take a fair amount of abuse. And I'm using a controller, btw.

Yep bought a LED Controller and now if I drop it it'll probably fall apart. I mean, I do give some abuse to my controllers (my old DualShock 3 I threw at a trash bag, bounced off the trash bag, and hit the wall, destroying the analog stick covers and all L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons.) It's just, man, I get mad sometimes. It happens.

we all do. But, I went through enough Cheap controllers and my last two PS2 controllers were Sony and lasted a lot longer. And Always buy new. The used controllers are already broken usually, which sucks. But if you get a new one. I mean, my last Playstation controller that I tossed was practically in half and all the buttons still worked fine.

Alright, so...it's not in front of me right now, but my vehicle collection has expanded. (most cars are pretty easy to obtain. Especially when you get to A class and are earning $30K+ per race. The Single Make races are unnaturually hard, though. And every race is like a mission hall race. "You have 3 laps to pass 15 other cars at HSR...and stuff."

Anyways, let's see....

I've got the Daihatsu's, Sazuki is all purchased. I got both Vipers now. The Nissan R35 GT-R, the M3 is in my collection as well as the tii Concept, the VW Golf Mark V, and that's all I can think of at the moment. I think all but 3 of them are in white. The Cappacino didn't come in white, so it's red. Thge OFC is also red and the Viper GTS is Yellow with black stripes.

Last edited:
Im am stuck on the A-Class race where you have to overtake all the cars in the Ferrari,and I can't do the one on Suzuka either,i think I just stink at this game, does anyone know if there is a guide to all the races on the site?

I raced the one with the Ferrari yesterday for about 4 hours before I got a 3rd. Keep at it! You will eventually dial it in. Remember - Slower might be faster.

Here's a hint: At the Bus Stop, you want to do all your breaking going into it, and you should be able to gun it out of the Bus Stop. It does take a little practice, but you'll get it eventually. :P Another tip would be to go on Youtube and watch others do it...in real life. Especially with Pro-physics turned on, GT5P is pretty close to actually racing a car around. And the techniques the pros use, you can use, as well.

I've got 3 races left in A class: Race 3 and 4 of the GT All Stars series and the Ferrari F430 overtake one.

I also now have 27 of the 73 cars in the game.

wait till GT5 comes out im down for 24 hours at Daytona.. ill probably need a partner though.. but i cant think of one person to keep my car in one piece for 8 hours straight without having the need go take a piss or something while i get some shut eye...

Yep bought a LED Controller and now if I drop it it'll probably fall apart. I mean, I do give some abuse to my controllers (my old DualShock 3 I threw at a trash bag, bounced off the trash bag, and hit the wall, destroying the analog stick covers and all L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons.) It's just, man, I get mad sometimes. It happens.

you really need a steering wheel.. much more enjoyable than a controller... but you cant abuse it though... a wheel is like $130 and up depending the type... that aint peanuts my friend...

So, it's been about a week, and I think I'm ready to give my review.

All in all, this is a GREAT hold over until GT5 comes out. The graphics are awesome. The Interiors feel like actual interiors and GT5P is the FIRST and ONLY game I've played where it doesn't overly weird to be driving on the right side of the car. In fact, it ALMOST feels weird to be driving on the left side. The visuals are great, the car selection is great the physics are awesome, but there are a couple things that prevent me from giving this a perfect score.

Alright, I used to think GT4's penalty system was a tad touchy....yeah, GT5P makes GT4 look like Mother Teresa. Yet, it's EXTREMELY uneven. Sometimes you'll slam into a wall and nothing will happen and then you touch the wall with the force of a feather and you get black flagged. I've also noticed a couple replays that show people driving off the course. Umm...right. If barely get my wheels off my time gets DQed. Obviously there are some issues. I call them Early Build Bugs.

Another bug is with the shadows. The in car shadows have more jagged edges than a saw blade. Then there was the weird line with the Cervo's ghost. It literally looked as if someone had taken a giant axe to it's face.

However, the few minor gripes I have don't detrack much from it. Just enough to lose a point or 2. 4 awesome drifts out of 5.

Congrats on getting GT5P after hearing you say you haven't bought it yet I was surprised you got it so close to GT5's launch. Just in time to get used to the game.

Once you get used to the game you should join the WRS. I recently joined and have been enjoying this weeks challenge.
And also if you haven't tried out any tunes Clacksman's are awesome.

Last edited:
you really need a steering wheel.. much more enjoyable than a controller... but you cant abuse it though... a wheel is like $130 and up depending the type... that aint peanuts my friend...

I don't have the money for a wheel. Maybe I'll ask for Christmas.

EDIT: SuperShouden, you count 73 cars? I have 73 and I'm missing the Citroen by GT. So there's 74.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back