Just GREAT...another Black Album...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter emad
  • 6 comments
  • 468 views
Messages
5,622
Messages
eMadman
hope you got the sarcasm there :p
Following the "success" of Danger Mouse's Grey album, someone came up with the idea to do the same thing but with Metallica's Black Album. I grabbed it just for the kicks and well...aside from being cleanly mixed, there's not much good I can say about it. The dj DID however do an excellent job of adjusting the tempo and pitch of Jay Z's lyrics to flow nicely with Metallica in the background...but it doesn't change the fact that his voice doesn't belong there.

Anyways, the instrumentals got me to wondering...what do you suggest along the lines of metallica or similar groups?

[/ends another pointless thread]
 
Originally posted by emad
Anyways, the instrumentals got me to wondering...what do you suggest for metallica or similar groups?

Uh - retirement?
 
retirement? I'm 18 - why would I want to retire?
 
I thought you were referring to Metallica.
 
i was, i thought you were referring to me
 
Originally posted by emad
hope you got the sarcasm there :p
Following the "success" of Danger Mouse's Grey album, someone came up with the idea to do the same thing but with Metallica's Black Album. I grabbed it just for the kicks and well...aside from being cleanly mixed, there's not much good I can say about it. The dj DID however do an excellent job of adjusting the tempo and pitch of Jay Z's lyrics to flow nicely with Metallica in the background...but it doesn't change the fact that his voice doesn't belong there.

Anyways, the instrumentals got me to wondering...what do you suggest along the lines of metallica or similar groups?

[/ends another pointless thread]
I'm not even going to imagine how crap this would sound. A rapper, crap one at that, mixed in with a thrash metal band just won't - doesn't - work.
 
Meh, the black album is crap anyway.

I'm talking aout Metallica's one, I haven't heard Jay Z's version but i'm sure I won't like it.
 
Back