Just had so much fun

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menown
  • 13 comments
  • 1,248 views
Messages
980
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
Freakyweakywoo
Now this is what I imagined GT5 to be; here is what I did.

Arcade Mode
The premium 91 MX-5 (love the interior)
2 laps of Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time/weather change)
Grid Real, Damage Heavy

Wow! 16 car field, in the wet and it's dark, brake lights glowing in the mist, giant rooster tails making visibility near zero when trying to overtake, no ramming due to damage settings. The rain stopped after a couple of minutes leaving the track glowing in the low morning sun. Came 15th as I suck round the 'ring, but had 20 minutes of total bliss.

I just had to share in case anyone else finds this fun and hadn't thought about it.
 
i could use a moment of good fun. I'll maybe try it later; Sounds good!
 
You know its a great game when you enjoyed the race even though you didn't win. 👍
 
Did the same thing a few weeks ago, but instead I chose a DTM (the Alfa Romeo one). Unfortunately, the cars the game suggested weren't DTMs, and I took 1st easily (bone stock; equipped w/ RS tires). Maybe I'll try out a slow, 80s/90s car, like the 80s-90s Skyline I bought from the NCD yesterday :P
 
You know its a great game when you enjoyed the race even though you didn't win. 👍

True! Had a blast last night racing my FC RX7 in SSR7 and the best I could was 13 behind a mad Ford GT.
 
I love that I can race any track, didn't even think of SSR7 in the wet with supercars, with real grip it would be epic fun
 
I did almost the same thing: 1 Lap, with McLaren MP-4 12c, no TCS, ABS. Its was pure joy and fun.
 
Is the weather the same if you re do the race or does it change?

Thanks.
 
Mercedes-Benz's 300SL Coupe on Nürburgring is good fun, I love that car so much and the track is pure enjoyment!
 
Arcade Mode
The premium 91 MX-5 (love the interior)
2 laps of Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time/weather change)
Grid Real, Damage Heavy

Add in cockpit view only, HUD off and there's your complete Flyin' Miata Nurburgring experience. 👍
 
I miss the races in GT4 where I was 4th, 2nd for like 6 laps, 1st, made a mistake fell way back and slowly worked back up again and keep swearing that your car is slower than the others. You might win or not and it was fun either way. :)
 
I recently started on F1 2010 and in your first season you drive for one of the lesser teams, but you get realistic goals: Qualify 20th or better (out of 24). Race finish 18th or better.

You just focus on racing those cars around you, and of course beating your team mate. There's no urgent and unreaslitic requirement to start at the back and overtake the entire field in a few short laps to win. Finishing 10th and earning a single championship point for the first time really is an achievement (unless you set AI to easymode) and great fun too.
 
I recently started on F1 2010 and in your first season you drive for one of the lesser teams, but you get realistic goals: Qualify 20th or better (out of 24). Race finish 18th or better.

You just focus on racing those cars around you, and of course beating your team mate. There's no urgent and unreaslitic requirement to start at the back and overtake the entire field in a few short laps to win. Finishing 10th and earning a single championship point for the first time really is an achievement (unless you set AI to easymode) and great fun too.

Yeah I played that too. And it felt real good when towards the end of the season you get all these lucrative offers from the other teams. :D

LOL sorry off-topic! :D
 
Back