Just in case you didn't know........

  • Thread starter Thread starter gearhead 101
  • 17 comments
  • 566 views
so with an average horsepower like that do you win every race?
 
Originally posted by gearhead 101
For all the people who have been here a while; I'M NOT A NEWBIE.

%complete:70.9%
#of cars:53
#credits:5.7million
average car horsepower:682:
:banghead
Did anyone ask?
 
:lol:
now come on neon!
he is a n00b to the forum! :p
 
Does that really look like the stats of a non newb.

I dont want to insult you, but I am a newb on these boards an I have more cars, 98% complete, millions of dollars and cars with hp that are in the 1100+ range as well as the 200 range.

If I was you, I would think about the fact that no one willing to come onto a Gran Turismo board is a total newb to the game.

Ive been playing the series since before the commercial release of gt1 when I got a demo on a playstation underground disc.

Does that mean Im walking around talking about being a newb...? No actually, and although I only came to these boards with in the last month or so, I have never been called a newb except once with a rude little guy talkin jive.

I hope you enjoy your time here on the boards, but try to just enjoy them and not come out boasting about what a vet to the game you are.

I suggest you come to the online racing forum and do some racing with us... its a much better way of showing your experience than just coming out with statments no one asked about.
 
lol well said....i wonder who was the one who dissed u.....meh
 
Originally posted by GoKents
Ive been playing the series since before the commercial release of gt1 when I got a demo on a playstation underground disc.

Bah, I had the Japanese version of GT1 3/4 months before anyone else had even heard of the game.

I've been playing Gt3 since mid 2001 and I still don't consider myself some sort of 1337 rAcE4 d00d. Mainly because i'm too wussy to stick with online racing (so I end up racing myself).

Bah, ignore me.

[joking]Although I can't wait to see your Pro Vitz, Pro FF, S-Licence, Time trial and how do I drift threads.[/joking]

Welcome.
 
:) :lol:

Ok I'm not boasting here, but let's compare. I'm playing this game the 3rd time (having never gotten 100%). Currently, I have 57.2%. But this time, I'm keeping all of the cars I win (making sure to win all the cars in a series race before moving on) and all the cars have every purchasable part and tuned to best possible all around performance. I have roughly 3M credits to play with, and yes I'm using the 2 memory card trick to save credits when possible.

How are you guys doing?
 
Originally posted by GoKents
.... I have never been called a newb except once with a rude little guy talkin jive.


shoosh n00b!! :P

well sum1 had to do it ;)
 
I dont really see your point about that.

I dont exactly remember saying that I played the game before anyone else in the world...

Hmmm, maybe thats because I didnt.

For that matter I really didn't boast anything about myself to be all that special in the game.

I did make the point that I still consider myself a newb on this board even though Ive been playing the game as long as it has been availible... in the U.S.A.

Well I guess what I mean to say...

I am so very sorry that I didn't fly out to japan and buy a copy of the game before it was availible in America.

Or for that matter, Im so sorry that I didn't order the game from some underground distributor before it was availible for Americans...

Hummmm...

soo sorry

I mean I must be the only guy on the board that didnt buy the game before it was commercially available...

Oh...

But actually, dont take me all that serious right now, Im not really trying to be all that rude, I just thought that post was sorta "silly" being that it went from a valid point about the "newbie-ness" of board members to the "who played it first" angle.

Sorry about getting on your case, just thought your post was a little uncalled for.
 
Originally posted by GoKents
I dont really see your point about that.

I dont exactly remember saying that I played the game before anyone else in the world...

Hmmm, maybe thats because I didnt.

For that matter I really didn't boast anything about myself to be all that special in the game.

I did make the point that I still consider myself a newb on this board even though Ive been playing the game as long as it has been availible... in the U.S.A.

Well I guess what I mean to say...

I am so very sorry that I didn't fly out to japan and buy a copy of the game before it was availible in America.

Or for that matter, Im so sorry that I didn't order the game from some underground distributor before it was availible for Americans...

Hummmm...

soo sorry

I mean I must be the only guy on the board that didnt buy the game before it was commercially available...

Oh...

But actually, dont take me all that serious right now, Im not really trying to be all that rude, I just thought that post was sorta "silly" being that it went from a valid point about the "newbie-ness" of board members to the "who played it first" angle.

Sorry about getting on your case, just thought your post was a little uncalled for.

No I was just being an arse sorry, but what a big post for me to quote.

If you noticed I did say that I had been playing GT3 for god knows how long and I still don't consider myself an expert at it.

[making arse of myself]And no I didn't fly to Japan, they just sell imported copys at the games shop I go to[/making arse of myself]
 
:lol:
and I had gt3 b4 ps2 was out... :p

settle gokents
 
I dont really see what your trying to say with the whole... "settle gokents" thing.

But don't worry hombre, I'm not upset or anything.

I just happen to post replies that are more than 2 lines and don't double post for that matter.

Like I said...

dont worry, I just felt compelled to "defend" myself about my first post and the opinions expressed there in.
 
Originally posted by GoKents
I just happen to post replies that are more than 2 lines and don't double post for that matter.

besides...
there is nothig wrong with repeating yourself. repeating yourself is good. there is nothing wrong with repaeting yourslef. :p
 
besides...
there is nothig wrong with repeating yourself. repeating yourself is good. there is nothing wrong with repaeting yourslef.

Just as long as it isn't random!!:p :lol:
 
Back