Just jumped on this F1 3d printed hybrid rim - anyone use those???

• Thread starter Krassi
  • 14 comments
Bulgaria
Sofia
Hi, Guys and Girls

I am looking in those 3d printed F1 rims from some time...they use you original TM rim plate and mount over it...thats why I call it hybrid
s-l1600 (3).jpg

I moved to Sim-plicity SW7C which I love and converted to USB almost all of my TM rims...also I have plenty of them, so any modding or new rim project was welcome...
Now I pressed Buy now and waiting those to arrive, sayng those cuz added some extra stuff to use the shipping in best way;)

Cant wait to see it in hands! Anyone here have one of those? Can you share some oppinion - is it strong enough?
If you are curious why first buy then ask - I am enough familiar with stuff to feel that this is safe buy like investment, even if I dont like it - here in Bulgaria plenty of frends will bite it;)
On my DD will use it on 6Nm torgue, so gotta be around T500RS and hope to survive:)

In time have some ideas to mod it further, but let see whan will come up:)

Thats the product link - I dont have any relation, affiliate or something with the seller!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Thrustmaste...316510?hash=item2aca84a2de:g:nPsAAOSwH5NcwDDb

Also if some of you made your own hybrid rims please share it here - I have around 4 plates TM ready to accept some ideas:)

If you are looking for a kind of Ferrari 488 GT3 rim I would recommend having a look at 3drap.
Sure they coast more than this kit but are rock solid. I'm quite happy with my F1 style wheel.

If you are looking for a kind of Ferrari 488 GT3 rim I would recommend having a look at 3drap.
Sure they coast more than this kit but are rock solid. I'm quite happy with my F1 style wheel.
I have their F1 metal made rim - very well done product!

I See You're a Man of Culture as well :lol:
I'm going OT but may I ask for some pictures.
When I use it I will do some pics - it is the one that use display etc - complete kit, not the one to put on TM rim...in my case after faulty screen I did 3d printed cover to accpet Sli-M from Leo Bodnar:)

Mine is doing a great job. Had some trouble with a defective USB cable and a defective USB hub. Quite some forces the hardware has so withstand. For the coating I used some leftover spray paint. Not the best one as you can see if you look at the bolts. But it does the job quite well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190729_095034.jpg
    IMG_20190729_095034.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20190730_130244.jpg
    IMG_20190730_130244.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 41
I plan to do some modding on this 3d printed rim, but first want to see how stong it is and after that will do improvements, otherwise if the rim breakes in usage - the work will be in vain!;)

Almost delivered - I hope will have some pics in the weekend!!!;)

EDIT:

Delivered today! I really love when everything is packaged with love!:) More info to come!
3.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning, Need to keep an eye on this subject, has given me some ideas.

Wheel base smart phone holder. Can you provide some more info, Thanks.

Good morning, Need to keep an eye on this subject, has given me some ideas.

Wheel base smart phone holder. Can you provide some more info, Thanks.
I use DD wheel, so didnt purchase the phone holder...from what I see from the pics it is well though for easy put the phone and take it out...and it is 3d printed for the exact model fit.

The moment of truth comes - will test it in the afternoon:) Decided to use buttons from TM28 and rotary from T28, the rotary knob can be changed with the one from GTE rim if I want....just wanted some differen collor scheme as I have enough rims to slaughter!:)
My plan is to start with 5Nm to test the waters!

20191012_224417_HDR.jpg

Some experience after some usage!
First important thing is that the F1 rim is 26cm...as you know these days the standart for Simracing rim is at least 28cm, so some of you maybe will find it too small....I personaly like small rims and use 26cm suede Momo mod with Frex buttonplate, so for me that size is welcome...
The 26cm size leads to the fact that your fingers are going more on the way of the paddles - TM made the buttonplate for 28cm rims, so when I assembled the rim before mount it on my DD I saw that maybe paddles will hit my fingers...when I made some driving - that wasnt the case - I didint had any problems...
Decided to start with 5Nm changed to 6Nm and after one lap jumped to 7.2Nm....tested RRE and Rf2 - those are known with pretty solid FFB and on 100% ingame the rim survived...that is my crazy idea - the rim is sold for TM wheels only....It is solid and well made, but cant be too thick on the faceplate, because the buttons will not show up when you mount the buttonplate...
So, I decided to contact the seller asking for that 26cm size is on purpose or because the design is with very well made proportions and that was the target?
Was happy to receive very fast answers and long story short the seller is italian guy started to use TM equipment and decided to do some affordable mods...on my questions he said that 26 is the size he feels secure to do not break, because all TM users always want maximum FFB in general:)
So that answer for me is legit. For now I will continue to use the rim, no matter I have more expensive rims, but you know this is my new toy and I like it! Btw bare 3d printed handles are the most comfortable compared to other bare 3d printed handles I have.
What I teased in my first post I purchased 2 more products to use the shipping, but will show them when I am ready, need some preparations...
Oh, forgot to say that those fake knobs like from the 1st post pic are useless for me and will not install those - the clean look for me is better and who needs fake knobs in general?
I am not making a review here , but bottom line is - very well made product, great for TM rims, for DDs do it on your own risk - my DD is 7.2Nm at max, so I can afford those kinda testes anyway:)
And before I told that dont have relation with the seller - now I hope found a new friend in Italy called Michele, especially when he is fellow gamer, not regular merchant!

Going back and forth for test with my other rims - I can say this one is the lightest one by a mile and that makes you to feel the FFB more...well thats scare you a bit, because it is 3d printed and strong FFB feels even more stronger, but for now holds the line!;)

If anyone has access to a 3d printer there's plenty of sim racing bits to download for free and print on www.thingaverse.com .

All sorts from wall mounts for spare rims and wheelbase phone mounts to full F1 rims.
I've only looked for Thrustmaster bits but there'll be bits for other manufacturers aswell.

If anyone has access to a 3d printer there's plenty of sim racing bits to download for free and print on www.thingaverse.com .

All sorts from wall mounts for spare rims and wheelbase phone mounts to full F1 rims.
I've only looked for Thrustmaster bits but there'll be bits for other manufacturers aswell.
There are many models outhere, I had downloaded alot....just still dont have 3d printer - hope in 2020 will have one!;)

Latest Posts

Back