Just Started 24H Le Mans A-Spec

• Thread starter msako
  • 24 comments
I just finished the 9H Tsukuba and just started the 24H Le Mans. I finished the 9H in about a week. I suspect the 24H will take me 2-3 weeks depending on my free time. I blew through the entire B-Spec and was thoroughly underwhelmed. I keep topping off my 20-mil and rebuild chassis and engines just for the heck of it. I can't find any interesting cars to buy because I have all of the ones that interest me. Le Mans started in the rain which is a bit challenging but I've never driven in the dark yet. That should be even more interesting. The beauty of it is that after hours of driving in daytime, driving at night should be easy. I'm using a 908 Peugeot which is fun to drive so the 24H should go pretty well.

i would just wait till the next patch comes with mid race saves. 2-3 weeks!!! most likly we will have a patch by then... my guess is April 14

i would just wait till the next patch comes with mid race saves. 2-3 weeks!!! most likly we will have a patch by then... my guess is April 14

Speculation, or do you have a source? Japan does have bigger things on the table right now, but I'll never turn down updates.

It is true, mid race saves are coming.

I don't doubt that, but rather the timing. 2-3 weeks seems unlikely, but I'll gladly be proven wrong. I'm patiently waiting to attempt Le Mans and Nurburgring.

Doing it solo? Good luck on that then. I couldn't do that till the in-race save feature.

Thank you. I did it for GT4 and GT5 is no different. Never even spent 1-second in B-Spec on GT4. Did GT5 just to get the prize cars.

Doing it solo? Good luck on that then. I couldn't do that till the in-race save feature.

I'm waiting for mid-race saves as well for the longer ones. With or without that, I still couldn't imagine spending more than 3 days on a 24-hour. It's tough to schedule, but breaking it up more than that would dampen the experience too much to me.

I remember running Tsukuba on GT4, I drove like 2 hours then let B-Spec have at it for one stint. He had already lost my almost full-lap lead and been lapped by then so I had to drive the last 6 or so hours myself just to get it all back. Turned out nail-bitingly fun because of that, but the only way I'd ever use it again was if I was in a no-fun car. Of course that is a really tough track to pass lappers on so it may have just been a bad choice to try it out on.

Good Luck!

I won't do these races until I can save whenever I want. Do not want to risk killing my PS3 because I had to leave it running constantly for days on end.

I did the 9 hour race on my day off :) im doing both 24 hour races over Easter 5 day weekend!! can't wait. Hopefully I'm close enough, to level 40, to get to do both. Currently on level 36 now :S

I hope your ps3 will handel it. Dont think it will over heat.. But i guess your ps3 need a cleaner disk for ps3 laser after 2 weeks on:)

Yeah, he should just have it away from walls so it doesn't overheat easily. To keep it on that long, you might want to have it in the middle of a room.

But still, we haven't seen anyone getting laps outside or under the track, in A'spec or Online for that matter.

So there is still work to be do ... recorded. :D

Back