Just started having online issues.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SCClockDr
  • 2 comments
  • 488 views

SCClockDr

Premium
Messages
459
United States
Union, SC
Messages
SCClockDr29379
All was well for sometime till the recent PSN update.

I am not set to auto update so yesterday 10/07/2014 i tried to join a friend for our usual daily online racing.

  • ≈4m40s after joining I get disconnected.
    • Several attempts yield same results.
    • Switched players, same results.
  • Tried to create a room of my own.
    • First attempt created the room.
    • Disconnected just after friend joined.
    • Second & subsequent attempts fail at the track logo screen followed by disconnect.
    • Switched players, same results.
  • Cleared cache, same results
  • Powered off & re-started, same results
  • Discovered there was a PSN update & applied it, same results repeating above attempts.
  • Deleted all game data
    • In-game
    • XMB
    • Power-off
    • Reload all updates, same results
  • Created a Static IP
    • Forwarded ports 80, 443, 465, 983, 3478-3479, 3658, 5223, & 10070-10080
    • Disabled UPnP without a change in symptoms.
Is there something else I should attempt besides what I intend below?

Will swap out routers next. I have 3 brands so 2 more to test. (NetGear R7000 current)
Then move my equipment to a different location served by ATT. (Computer repair store)
Then try to score a new to me PS3. (Pawn, Yard/Garage Sale, Craig's List, etc.)

Less than a happy camper ATM.
 
Have you tried using a wired connection? Also, just some optional information, could you do a SpeedTest.net test and tell us the results?
 
The issue is apparently resolved. My connection is solid this afternoon. The tech called to ask if I was still having issues and I told him things were better. It looks like there was a node issue on the cable that was causing the modem to burp every 4 minutes or so. All the lights would go out except power.

The modem would then re-establish a connection (this happened rather swiftly). The initial router (NetGear R7000) did a good job of masking the interruption so on the computers all appeared normal unless streaming video. When I swapped out the NetGear for a WiFiRanger GO router is when I noticed the internet connection drop as the WFR router is set to wait for the operator to re-establish a connection. (This is a router used for RV and Boating)

The dropped connection lead me to the modem where I observed the lights and called Charter for service.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am wired BTW.
 
Back