Just to easy

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
staylowmovefast8
Im finding Gt4 just to damn easy, i mean like in the other games espicially 1+2 when you won a prize car it wasnt a 800bhp monster, it was a puny 50bhp thing.
Ive hardly done any of the game 10 per cent or so, but in this time i have aquired lots of high performance cars that i can just pwn races with...

Anyone else find this compared to the other games?, i suppose its just a way of appealing to a wider audience :nervous:

terminator04
Im finding Gt4 just to damn easy, i mean like in the other games espicially 1+2 when you won a prize car it wasnt a 800bhp monster, it was a puny 50bhp thing.
Ive hardly done any of the game 10 per cent or so, but in this time i have aquired lots of high performance cars that i can just pwn races with...

Anyone else find this compared to the other games?, i suppose its just a way of appealing to a wider audience :nervous:
A) What's your average A-Spec points?
B) Add ballast (go into settings, weight distribution [far right] and adjust the slider).

terminator04

If you're finding the races too easy, then stop using cars that don't give you a good race... it really is as simple as that...

Touring Mars
If you're finding the races too easy, then stop using cars that don't give you a good race... it really is as simple as that...
I agree with that too. If the game it too easy, make it hard then. Use a car that would be competitive. There are several threads that give you an idea of what cars you can use that would be a challenge to you.

Another one... :rolleyes:

If you're finding it too easy, try completing Mission 34 five times in a row. Once you've done that, I think you can then say it's too easy... :)

ferrari_chris
That might be your problem - gotta be smooth, but fast... :)

Have you checked out the video of it being done?

i was. i was only driving like a maniac the first time. the second time i drove a wee bit too fast and hit a wall :( i had the second place car about a second ahead of me at the end. maybe a few more tries.

btw, i never mowed the lawn in this mission either. thats just silly. and i havent seen the video, but i will go look
:)

btw, i never mowed the lawn in this mission either. thats just silly. and i havent seen the video, but i will go look
:)[/QUOTE]

Must not have NA version. ;)

EvilToast
ZomG T3h G@m3 !s T00 3@zyy B3cUz I Us3 800 BhP C@r @g@inSt 130 Bhp C@rzz :dunce:

The most useful post ever :rolleyes:

But back on topic,

Just use slower cars.Yes,GT4 is easy if you use what the game hands you (which 75% of the time is some kind of gift from god).But if you use a slower car to make it more challenging,you will fidn 200 Point A-Spec races can be your worst nightmare (especially at the low percentage your at now)

chinko
:lol: i just went and found one that DANN did a while back. he won by 0.074!!! this the same vid?

The one I have is by DAAN (different spelling but might be same guy) and in my video he wins by 0.076.

Sounds like it might be the same one. Does it chop the start sequence to make it faster, and have blue screens at the end saying "Phew - that was close!"?

yea you have a better memory than me :lol: it is DAAN, and you got the time right :D

and yea, same movie :D

actually, he drives ALOT like me. most people on here never idle, theyre either on the accelerator or the brakes. i idle alot when braking would make me too slow, and even mild acceleration would make me waaay too fast

i hate the first little jump on the 'ring too. it ALWAYS catches me out in faster cars because i go too fast :(

I'm gona pop in and make two points here.

-Just because "Mission 34" is purportedly "hard as hell" doesn't really mean jack when talking about the game as whole.

-You shouldn't have to drive a crappy car just to get a challenge out of races. If the game's gona allow you to trick out your ride with performance parts, you should get to use them once in a while without breezing through the race with no challenge.

I almost hate to say but it seems like GT4 goes from "easy races that are no challenge with anything but a junky stock car" to "races that you have to have a specially made supercar to run". Pretty much totally ignores the whole "hotrodded production car" category altogether.

Hopefully they'll fix this in GT5, it would really be nice to be able to have a hot car and still be able to get some challenge out of half the races.

DeadlyFred
I'm gona pop in and make two points here.

-Just because "Mission 34" is purportedly "hard as hell" doesn't really mean jack when talking about the game as whole.

-You shouldn't have to drive a crappy car just to get a challenge out of races. If the game's gona allow you to trick out your ride with performance parts, you should get to use them once in a while without breezing through the race with no challenge.

I almost hate to say but it seems like GT4 goes from "easy races that are no challenge with anything but a junky stock car" to "races that you have to have a specially made supercar to run". Pretty much totally ignores the whole "hotrodded production car" category altogether.

Hopefully they'll fix this in GT5, it would really be nice to be able to have a hot car and still be able to get some challenge out of half the races.

You could tune up a lesser car then enter it in a faster race. I mildly worked an SS Commodore and took that in the Supercar Festival. That was a challenge. There are slower cars you could tune and try out here. Why not a fully worked Renault Clio, or a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Tune those then take them to the faster races, such as the Supercar Festival. That should be enough of a challenge to start you off with, and you'll be using cars that have been tuned to the max. Or alternatively, race in arcade mode and race with the AI on 10 - that can be difficult sometimes... :)

i think in some ways gt4 is a little bit easier then previous titles, one thing that really pisses me off now is when in arcade or even circuit mode and i do a quick race i normally would like to use the R8 , v12 lmr or speed 8 for instance and race le sarthe I . but even with the difficulty on 10 i demolish cars like the merc C8 and minolta toyota, even using slower le mans cars like the R390 i still win. it's like on the mulsanne they are backing off at 330 km/h instead of pushing on to 350+ km/h it's annoying that the A.I doesn't drive the prototypes to there full potential and neither does my b-spec guy at 8000 points. i have 90% and the only thing challenging about gt4 has been rallying using a DFP and some of the mission hallls.

Latest Posts

Back