Just tried Forza 3...

• Thread starter Mcjoz88
  • 68 comments
My GT2 arrives tomorrow and I'll be back in the beloved arms of my dear Forza.

I'm sorry I turned my back on you and I hope you will welcome me back into your loving bosom.
I won't stray again. I learnt my lesson.

My GT2 arrives tomorrow and I'll be back in the beloved arms of my dear Forza.

I'm sorry I turned my back on you and I hope you will welcome me back into your loving bosom.
I won't stray again. I learnt my lesson.

Becomes a whole new game with the GT2.

I had Microsoft FF wheel for five straight years, but GT2 is the new world.

You're going to so love it.

Advice: reconsider downgrade your default firmware that comes shipped with the GT2 (681) with old firmware 669. After week of playing with 681 and some issues I had regarding implementation of FF effects, I searched the internets and found out about the "669 movement".

Much better firmware IMO, nothing cost you to try both (upgrading/downgrading a GT2 is a minute-work with your PC in proximity) and results can be very satisfying. 👍

The only "arcade" in Forza 3 really is if you go specifically into arcade mode. Those of use who prefer sim mode, choose sim settings.

As for rewind, it's optional, so no reason to remove it.

I use the Rewind button only in Endurance races if I make a big misstake at the end. Without the Rewind option I woudn't race those long races again :D

Get the 360!!! I've owned a 360 for years now, never any problems (you gotta take good care of it) and spent immense hours playing Forza 2, Forza 3, COD titles, various RPGs. 360 is THE gaming console. I bought a PS3 this past December because most of my close friends play Black Ops on it, and because GT5 was coming out (granted I've been a bit disappointed, but hey whatever). If you are looking for online competition, legitimate competition, go for 360 for this reason. There are a ton more XBL users than PSN users and you get a much more competitive gaming experience. When Forza 3 was in its prime time release the online racing was great and quite difficult. GT5 online racing is just...bleh. And a further but unrelated example to this particular thread: On an average night you can find 600,000 people playing Black Ops on 360, while about 300,000-400,000 play the same game on PS3. I've kept close attention to these numbers since the middle of December, and though it's just for one game (even though it's the most played online game right now) it is fair to deduce that more people are playing 360 than PS3.

Really as a console the only thing I see the Playstation having over the 360 is Blu Ray support and the multitasking capability. In my opinion the line of 360 games contains more depth, variety, and overall innovation. Pair this with the great benefits of XBL, and a gamepad that doesn't suck...you've got yourself a great deal. Don't throw your PS3 in the closet (per se), but if you've got the money and are looking for a valuable gaming experience, join the 360 population.

I too have the priviledge of owning xbox360 (2 actually, 1 old and 1 slim) and a ps3 (with solid state HDD).
That in combination with a simrig (gtomega) and a buttkicker is golden.

Add to that the Fanatec GT2 wheel with clubsport pedals and you can image how happy I am.

Play both GT5 and FM3 and must say that physics wise GT5 is superior. But for the fun factor I play FM3. Better car set, more challenging Races and a damn leaderboard (why isn't that in a Racinggame like GT5?????).

Must also say that the xbox360 slim is up par with ps3 concerning noise level. I actually use my xbox more than the ps3.
Xbox simply has more fun games than the ps3 (imho).

FM3 keeps me want to race more and more and still haven't completed the game. Where in GT5 i'm finished with all SP content and have to wait for new races to be released weekly). Online in GT5 is ok but try to find the right car for a race quickly with the crap PP and engine downgrade system.
The leveling system online for FM3 is much more challenging. Beating people and gaining credit (level) for it is cool.

So bottom line, if you have the cash BUY THE 360 and FM3 UC!

Just started playing FM3 UC and I'm really enjoying the single player: damage modeling of body, engine, and gearbox, better collision physics, better sounds, and better AI than GT has me hooked.

Apparently you don't own GT5 and apparently you never raced it online. :)

I have tried time and again to race online with GT5...all to no avail. I show up with a car that seems suited to the race, only to get into the lobby and find out that I'm so outclassed it's funny.

In FM3, the points system is the best way to keep races close. Heck, me and a bunch of friends run IDENTICAL cars with different paint schemes (try THAT in GT5), and away we go. The best driver wins. Period. Just like the old IROC series.

GT5 is a ton of fun, and I have to admit that I do enjoy the B-Spec portion of it, but some of the golds are just plain impossible without a wheel. And let's face it, not everyone can set up a wheel in their living room. And hauling a wheel out, setting it up, and then putting it away gets a bit tired after a while.

The online auction in FM3 is better than the Online Dealership. The Customization of cars is better. The cockpit view in ALL cars...better. Besides slightly better graphics, what does GT5 offer?

Now that I've complained about GT5, I'm still going to say that I love the game. It's great fun as a single player game.

FM wins for mulitplayer though. Hands down.

Oh yeah...the load times in GT5 are BRUTAL!!!! Waaaay too long.

Back