just underpowered ?

Got a question for people, who still like to drive somewhat slower cars in GT3.

Why is it that if my Trueno ( untuned 125 Hp , not even better tyres ) suddenly looses rpm when the thing starts to oversteer ?

I already noticed that in GT1, also with the same car and around
150 Hp, the same thing happened.

Does anybody have an explanation for this, because actually
the opposite should happen and cause a spinout.
It works out with cars, let's say at about 200 or more Hp but why not with weaker ones.

I drive with no assistant, all helpers turned off. Steering set to
'Simulation' and so on.

If someone also experienced this mystery and solved it, lemme know.

Tnx

My guess would be that the rear tires basically hit a certain slip angle angle and then finds enough traction along the axis of tire rotation to exceed the engine's tire-spinning ability. (Too bad I can't put up a diagram to illustrate the vector algebra of this. :( )

Since the tires now have more grip than the motor has power, RPMs will drop.

Of course, I could be wrong ;)

Thanks for ur reply !

Your guess was also mine, but yesterday I finally solved it.
Quite stupid actually.

Because I didn't tune my car so far, I also didn't notice that it
comes with TCS and ASM equipped when you buy it.

I never checked because in the Tune Shop always said that I cannot buy it....because it's equipped already (but didn't know).

The rest is easy. TCS = Traction Control System prevents overpower wheelspin. So when I start to drift the tyres loose
their maximum grip with increasing angle. At a certain point, even with a car like this, the output exeeds the remaining grip and a spinout follows which is prevented through TCS by toggling engine power.

Thanks anyway.

My dad has TC in his car too, what's the point having TC in a roadcar?! Either you crash, or you don't. On regular roads with "inexperienced" drivers TC is just b/s.

Back