Justice League of America

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 9 comments
  • 735 views

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Moderator
Messages
37,262
United States
Addison,Texas
Messages
GTP_RACECAR
It appears that there is going to be a Justice League movie. More info here: Justice League of America
I have watched the series when I was young and enjoyed and it appears that just like Transformers, its gonna be bought to Life as a Live action movie. I don't have any judgement yet towards it as I haven't seen any previews or footage. What about you guys?
 
It appears that there is going to be a Justice League movie. More info here: Justice League of America
I have watched the series when I was young and enjoyed and it appears that just like Transformers, its gonna be bought to Life as a Live action movie. I don't have any judgement yet towards it as I haven't seen any previews or footage. What about you guys?
Series? You mean comic books, right? Or do you mean Super Friends? Or maybe there was actually a JLA cartoon that I missed?


If they base it off any of the cartoons, as opposed to the comics, I will be upset.


I want one story from this: Doomsday.

I know, Doomsday is a Superman thing, but it spanned across multiple comics and not just Superman. Plus, you can kill Superman and not screw up the solo movies.


Really, however they do this it can be horrible or really, really good. Any prejudgements will have to be saved for more information.
 
Series? You mean comic books, right? Or do you mean Super Friends? Or maybe there was actually a JLA cartoon that I missed?
It was a cartoon series, it just didn't go by the same name so I'm thinking it was super friends. I remember some of the super heroes though, like Aquaman, Wonderwoman, superman, batman, the green lantern(I think that was his name).



Really, however they do this it can be horrible or really, really good. Any prejudgements will have to be saved for more information.

Yeah thats true. Until we get more info, we can't really say much at this point.
 
I hope it'll have the Wonder Twins.

"Wonder Twin powers, activate! Form of, a bucket of ice water! Form of, an Eagle!"

*Eagle pours ice water on bad guy; he slips and falls. Captured.*

"Way to go, sis!"

LMAO!
 
This one has been in discussion for a while, and the cool thing is that since Warner Brothers owns DC and all the rights to all of the movies, they've already said that the characters and the actors who portray them will be the same from the movies that already exist.

Christian Bale as Batman? Check.
Brandon Routh as Superman? Check.

...And the same can be said for whoever they decide to play Aquaman (that is, if they use Aquaman... No one likes him), Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc...

At least for me, my hope is that IF they can pull-off a GLA movie, there isn't any reason why they can't do an Avengers movie.

...Think about it...

Iron-Man. Spider-Man. Capitan America. Wolverine. Thor.

(ie, freakin' sweet!)
 
Well....I guess it's better than making a movie about every super hero.

Any bets on Aquaman? :D
 
I'd pick Rob Zombie, give him the harpoon hand, and call it a day.
 
they've already said that the characters and the actors who portray them will be the same from the movies that already exist.

Christian Bale as Batman? Check.
Brandon Routh as Superman? Check.
Where did you hear this? The IGN article linked in the first post said that they won't be playing the characters and that it will possibly be motion-capture.

...And the same can be said for whoever they decide to play Aquaman (that is, if they use Aquaman... No one likes him)
Really? I thought there was a lot of people wanting an Aquaman movie.

...Think about it...

Iron-Man. Spider-Man. Capitan America. Wolverine. Thor.
Hmm, New Avengers versus old Avengers.......

As my comic book days were pre-New Avengers I would probably prefer the original crew. But I'm old like that. Honestly, a New Avengers will look too much like Ultimate Alliance. Besides, I still believe that the Cap'n would give Wolverine the boot due to insubordination, and that is assuming Wolverine doesn't cut Spidey up first for being a smart ass.

I just refuse to believe that anyone other than Xavier can keep Wolverine under control. The fact that Marvel has tried to convince me otherwise is irksome.
 
Originally IGN was reporting that the discussions coming out of WarnerBros/DC was that they were going to use the folks who play the current characters in the live-action movie... That was a few months ago, before 'Con '07, so things may have changed drastically. I dunno, it seems to make the most sense to me, but I would suppose that the overall logistics of it all may be more difficult, then again, they've only done two "modern" DC movies thus far.

As for Aquaman, I personally prefer the newer bad-ass one as King of Atlantis to the older, whatever the hell he did, character. Compared to other JLA cast-members, Aquaman sits pretty low (Batman being my favorite).

...As for the proposed Avengers movie, my estimate is that the "New Avegers" seems to make far more sense in today's context given the characters who already have movies, or those who will in a very short period of time (I believe Thor and Cap coming after Iron Man). They're more recognizable, IMO, have a bit more story behind them, and really anything with Spider-Man is going to draw more people in these days... Thats just the way it has worked so far.

The problem here, just like the JLA movie, would likely be how to get everyone together under one banner. Given that Spider-Man belongs to Sony, Wolverine to Fox, and I believe the rest would be "exclusive" to Marvel's new production company, we'd have to see how the characters are used. I'd love to see McGuire, Jackman, and Downey Jr. matched with the upcoming characters... Furthermore, with the right director (Snyder? Favreau?), it could really be awesome.

Despite my love for anything Batman, I hate Superman too much to pick JLA over The New Avengers. But thats just me...
 
As for Aquaman, I personally prefer the newer bad-ass one as King of Atlantis to the older, whatever the hell he did, character. Compared to other JLA cast-members, Aquaman sits pretty low (Batman being my favorite).
Whatever he did? He, um, well, he talked to fish. That's right! He talked to fish! The King of Atlantis thing is definitely cooler, but it is an obvious ripoff of Namor now.

The only issue with either of these two water heroes is that they are useless outside of water, and most villains, being human and all, breathe air and prefer to stay on land. I never understood the Entourage created draw to Aquaman personally, but it has created a fanboyish desire for a movie.

...As for the proposed Avengers movie, my estimate is that the "New Avengers" seems to make far more sense in today's context given the characters who already have movies, or those who will in a very short period of time (I believe Thor and Cap coming after Iron Man). They're more recognizable, IMO, have a bit more story behind them, and really anything with Spider-Man is going to draw more people in these days... Thats just the way it has worked so far.
I agree that New Avengers has more draw considering the target demographic. I am closing on 30 (28 now) and I am drifting away from the target demographic. Even though I read the comics as a kid I have to admit that the original Avengers were not exactly the most exciting bunch. Looking at the three mainstays, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor, they were a righteous bunch of do-gooders while the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and a few individual heroes, such as Spiderman, were more awesome in that they were gruff, dealt with lots of personal issues, and had a bad side.

All that said:
Given that Spider-Man belongs to Sony, Wolverine to Fox, and I believe the rest would be "exclusive" to Marvel's new production company, we'd have to see how the characters are used.
Unless Marvel has some sort of clause in the licensing agreement that allows them to use their characters in other non-solo movies we may see the originals out of necessity.

I'd love to see McGuire, Jackman, and Downey Jr. matched with the upcoming characters... Furthermore, with the right director (Snyder? Favreau?), it could really be awesome.
Suddenly the paychecks just pushed the budget higher than Spiderman's alone.

Despite my love for anything Batman, I hate Superman too much to pick JLA over The New Avengers. But thats just me...
Well, let's all be honest here: Marvel has much cooler characters. If I had to choose it would always be Marvel over DC, but if I can get both I will take it, because Superman is where it all began, so there is history there.
 
Back