Justy saying hello...

• Thread starter dtn23
  • 8 comments
GREENTELLATUBBY
(sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find an introduction section)

Hey there guys! I'm new to this forum (although a long-time member of GTP) and just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm a recent switch from GT5. I bought GT5 on release day and played it religously for almost 2 years. I bought every DLC and have well over 1200 cars and sit at around 19 mil credits. But, sadly, a few weeks ago I found myself getting bored with the game and finding nothing new to do.

Then I saw an ad for Horizon. I can't even recall the number of times I've wished there was an open world game like MCLA (which I was totally addicted to) with physics and graphics like GT. Well, Turn 10 beat PD to it. I had already been considering picking up a used Xbox just to have both systems and try both franchises, but Horizon was the final straw.

I started browsing CL for used 360's and found a 4GB Slim with a controller and all cables for $100. I then bought a 16GB flash drive for $10 from Wal Mart and formatted it to the 360 to have more storage till I can find a 250 or 320 hdd. Then I picked up the $75 Live starter kit with a 1 yr gold membership, chat pad, wired mic, and 400 pts.

So, for about $200 I have a red-ring-proof 360 with 20gb of storage and a year of Live with everything I need to play online. I picked up a used Forza 4 and have been addicted ever since the first race. I bought the game 5 days ago and I'm currently level 38 and in the Masters season of the career. I also pre-ordered the Limited Edition of Horizon so expect to see me around here more often.

So there's my story and like I said, hello everyone! :D:tup:

Welcome to the Great Addiction...I converted 3 months ago after GT5 burn-out. I love the freedom of FM4, Enjoy!!! 👍

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying it so far. The physics difference took some adjusting but the car roster, sounds and livery editor are amazing.

Welcome to the fold, dtn23 :cheers:

If you need anything, feel free to add me on XBL :)

Welcome. I'm in the same boat as you. Just now making the switch myself. Not so much switching per say as I still am practicing GT5 daily in hopes of having a good Academy run next year, but enjoying the awesome features of Forza. Really liking the selection of cars and the livery editor. The physics I'm still figuring out tho. Using the controller for now because obviously my G27 won't work with this game which makes it even more challenging, lol. Great game tho and really liking it so far.

Back