K car cup

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMoose
  • 21 comments
  • 1,710 views
Messages
795
Messages
RaceVW14 GTP_TheMoose for GT5P
Messages
Who needs a xbox? I gotta PS3!
Yea I'm a newb, but I did a search & looked around & didn't find an answer so here's the question.

What cars are eligible for the lightweight K car cup in the beginners races??
It's the last one I have to complete & I don't know which cars I can use, I thought an R5 was small enough but it's not.
The only thing I see is a length of 3400mm or less but I can't find or don't know where to look to find them.
 
TheMoose
Yea I'm a newb, but I did a search & looked around & didn't find an answer so here's the question.

What cars are eligible for the lightweight K car cup in the beginners races??
It's the last one I have to complete & I don't know which cars I can use, I thought an R5 was small enough but it's not.
The only thing I see is a length of 3400mm or less but I can't find or don't know where to look to find them.
UNfortunately the SEARCH function doesn't always live up to it's potential. WELCOME to the GTP Forums "TheMoose" 👍 I ran those races with a "Used" SUZUKI Alto Works RS-Z '97. There are some real "Gems" to be found in the Used Car Lots! ...O.G. :D
 
You could also use a Suzuki Cappucino or a Honda Beat.

Basically, any japanese car that has an engine smaller than 660cc is a kei car.
 
The Suzuki Cappuchino is probably one of the best cars to use for this, as daan noted.
 
Theres a thread about this here already. I used the Autobianchi that you win after completing the Sunday Cup.
 
Thanks for the suggestions,
I don't have the Autobianchi any more, I won several of them & sold them before I discovered the capri rally & the expensive raid car you can win over & over again there!!

I got the game 5 days ago & I just finished the ia while I was waiting to see what car to use for the K cup.
 
I used the Autobianchi as well. It was right after I got my wheel and I had to add some power. Nowadays I could probably do it stock, or nearly.
 
Yeah I tried it with the Autobianchi and I couldn't for the life of me win that series with that thing.
 
I'd use a mini but there not in the english version of GT4 :guilty: so I used a Beat. :)
 
Use two cars. Fully modded Midget II (what a blast!!!) or the Mazda Autozam, with full mods. No competition, but hey, they´re fun as h3ll!!
 
You can find out the length of the car by looking at the specs on it. Look at the length part. Now, if it is 3400mm or less, then it can race. Welcome to the GTP.
 
I thought K car was some sort of Dodge product! :dunce:

I will now go find something to do! :)
 
The K body was the architecture Chrysler (/Dodge/Plymouth) built the majority of it's cars on in the 80's. Usually when people say 'K car' they're reffering to the Dodge Aries/ Plymouth Reliant twins.
'Kei' is a more accurate (and less confusing) translation of the thing we're talking about here. It's a Japanese tax/insurance classification; cars are limited to being 3300mm long and 1395mm wide, with an engine size of 660cc and a power limit of 64hp.
If you're looking for one in GT4, just go through the used lot looking for cars with 63 or 64hp, they'll almost certainly be Kei cars.
 
I used a used Honda Beat with new oil, no other mods. Sometimes the other Honda Beat was a problem if he was on the pole, but if he wasn't, it was easy going.
 
You can find the car's dimensions by looking in your garage. You have to actually go into the car's screen though.

I used the Suzuki Cuppicuino (sp) to beat it. It was relatively easy with a slight power upgrade, and I bought it in the Used Car Lot I.
 
Emohawk
The K body was the architecture Chrysler (/Dodge/Plymouth) built the majority of it's cars on in the 80's. Usually when people say 'K car' they're reffering to the Dodge Aries/ Plymouth Reliant twins.
'Kei' is a more accurate (and less confusing) translation of the thing we're talking about here. It's a Japanese tax/insurance classification; cars are limited to being 3300mm long and 1395mm wide, with an engine size of 660cc and a power limit of 64hp.
If you're looking for one in GT4, just go through the used lot looking for cars with 63 or 64hp, they'll almost certainly be Kei cars.
Surely even Japanese people couldn't fit in a 54-inch-wide car.
 
Emohawk
The K body was the architecture Chrysler (/Dodge/Plymouth) built the majority of it's cars on in the 80's. Usually when people say 'K car' they're reffering to the Dodge Aries/ Plymouth Reliant twins.
'Kei' is a more accurate (and less confusing) translation of the thing we're talking about here. It's a Japanese tax/insurance classification; cars are limited to being 3300mm long and 1395mm wide, with an engine size of 660cc and a power limit of 64hp.
If you're looking for one in GT4, just go through the used lot looking for cars with 63 or 64hp, they'll almost certainly be Kei cars.

Good info! I know it had nothing to do with Dodge, I was just trying to be funny! :)
 
Yeah, I'm the unique sort of wierdo that likes both :D
 
Back