Kansas City Charity Cruise

• Thread starter High-Test
  • 3 comments
Israel
Kansas City, MO
FlyingAGasoline
Alright. Many of you know that Paul Walker died. Yes, he was the star of a film series that did perpetrate automotive blasphemy (Crashing a Yenko Camaro into a boat?) but that movie series did something important for hot-rodding. It brought it back into vogue. Put car culture into the spotlight. Inspired a bunch of teenagers to get a car and hop it up. It reinforced a love of cars that many of us hold sacred. Mr. Walker had a Charity called Reach Out Worldwide that aids in disaster relief across the globe. (Typhoon Haiyan, Illinois Tornadoes, Oklahoma Tornadoes, etc.) And many people are paying tribute by organizing cruises to benefit that charity.

So I'm organizing a cruise in Kansas City that will basically run the whole 435 loop and end with everyone descending on a place and grabbing lunch and talking cars. I want every angle represented. Traditional Rods and Customs, Muscle Cars, Japanese cars, German cars, hell, I'll even hit up the swedes and koreans.

I'm putting it off until march, when things thaw out. I've tried starting a 47 year old car in 18 degree weather. It sucks. It sucks worse when you learn the defroster isn't working.

March 15. 1PM.

There aren't many GTP'ers in the KC area that I know of, (besides Gil) but I figured I'd put this out there.

Here's a link to the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/187784231424336/187784234757669/?notif_t=like

This sounds cool. Your link requires a facebook login though, and as I don't do the facebook, I cannot see any of the details.
Would you mind posting them here?

I had an issue.. my boss demanded that I delete my facebook, as he (My Dad) had a little gestapo enforcer who ratted me out over every little thing I said, so I canceled it.

Back