Kanye WestMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter rollazn
  • 19 comments
  • 842 views

Is he cool?


  • Total voters
    18
Messages
3,760
Messages
rollazn
Well, you know I really like rap, but these days all they freaking rap about is "bling-bling", rims, sex, women, money, drug and other idiotic stuff.

Im not into those kind of song. Most artist who rap about stuff like that, don't get any respect from me. Im more into the old school rap and/or freestyle rapping.

Anyways, I rarely like a mainstream rapper (meaning they have gotten record deals). I like underground rapper who has that hungriness of getting signed. He has to prove that hes good enough to be signed to a big record label. Of course there are exceptions.

There are a couple of mainstream rapper who I really like and/or respect. Kanye West, Twista, Canibus (Beside his name he is cool), etc...

Kanye has a lot of great songs and hit. There really isn't one that I don't like. I haven't heard the whole album though.

Couple of song I have heard and like:

The Wire
All falls down
Slow Jam (includes Twista)

Anyways, who else is sick of all the rappers rapping about sex, money, drug and etc...
 
Have you heard is "Jesus Walks"? It's pretty good. 👍
 
Yes, I have heard of it. Its pretty good as you say.
 
I cant say his music is good or bad although I have heard several of his songs. I'm not really into rap anyway.
 
Well at least he doesn't rap about "chrome rims" and "ice" etc... :D
 
I'll hand it to him that he doesn't rap about the **** other mainstream rappers rap about, but he isn't all that great. I can't stand any of his noise.

But I am impressed that he recorded that song 'Through the Wire' with his mouth wired shut. At least, according to my sister who is apparently Kanye West's biggest fan.

He's better than most mainstream rap, but that's like saying like saying the Yugo was the greatest Yugoslavian car.
 
I can hardly stand the mainstream rap. I did get to listen to some (I believe) local rap, and though I don't remember what it was about I enjoyed it. It wasn't about bling, or killing, or what seems like a fake thug life.
 
I thought kanye's album was awesome.You should definately get the album iof you dont have it.Even if you dont like his music you have to admit he has STYLE
kanye_west_1_MKTG.jpg
 
sUn
Have you heard is "Jesus Walks"? It's pretty good. 👍

Agreed. Pretty original, and not 'all about the benjamins baby' ... ;)
 
I like him.
 
nothing amazing but he is pretty good
 
I like a few of his songs including

Get em high
When It all falls down
and a few more i cant think off
 
If you like Kanye West you should check out

the Roots (my personal fav)
Talib Kweli
Mos def

mostly all the okayplayers are good

Canibus is awesome Miclub!!!
 
Some of his lyrics are more interesting than the usual guff that rappers come out with, but I wouldn't buy his album.
 
Kanye Is one of the only rappers I will listen to. As most know I am a ROCKER, but I like rap here and there. But all the drugs and crap like that make me not want to listen to most rappers.
 
I'm not really a fan of rap, but must admit "jesus walks" is pretty good
 
I dont really like kanye, you should try canibus, or immortal techinique. They're alot better then kanye
 
Oh finally a guy who knows about Canibus.

He's my favorite rapper of all time. That guy will any MC easily. He's a real battle MC. Too bad he is still in the US Army. :(

He destory LL cool J. Haha. I still remember that.

"Mama said knock who out? Punch that B*tch in the face because she don't know wtf she's talking about!"

Haha. Canibus eats all. Immortal Techninique is very good too but I like Canibus better.
 
There are alot of people out there that dont talk about the same subjects as indicated above in the mainstream. Kanye west is pretty good im really into the enlightenment, education, motivation and stimulation within the mind that several emcees tend to reach using their lyrics to public, just for the love of it. They see any situation and rise above it despite the stereo type and the hype indicated in the media making mainstream peeps puppets. - me hehe.

But anyway just decided to rhyme something from the hell of it some keyboard freestyle lol. Anyway seriously Del the funky homo sapien, De La soul, Tribe, Boot camp and many others lurk within the underground and have provided fantastic information and culture ethics and sound ground breaking lyrical content.

I also make music myself I have written lyrics and have recorded a few tracks in the past, in concentration on many different subjects such as politics, sci-fi , technology, anime, video games, comics and several other references. I myself am confident I sound alot better than this nelly fellow and this lil john who talk about the same damn thing. It upsets me that alot of people have labeled rap as a collective whole in subject of violence, bling, hoes, clothes and such, their thinking of the whole but they dont even know the half of it.
 
Back