Kart racing- Never again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alpha Cipher
  • 14 comments
  • 1,326 views
Messages
3,954
Philippines
Laguna
Messages
Alpha_Cipher1
Slides
Slides everywhere as far the eye can see
Call me weak but my arms died from just trying to keep the wheel (G29, 10 10 on settings) steady for qualifying and the race
I got pitted more than once but I'm pretty sure it's because the other drivers are having a hard time as well

Who thought this was a good idea?
 
This was my first race ever. It was awesome, I actually had a great time. Way more responsive than most cars are. I queued into a full lobby of people that are better than me - everybody was DR-B to S and I'm DR-C - and I raced clean as hell and finished 3rd.

I barely slid at all. It's actually difficult to slide it, I found, unless you're just pinning the throttle all the time.
 
This was my first race ever. It was awesome, I actually had a great time. Way more responsive than most cars are. I queued into a full lobby of people that are better than me - everybody was DR-B to S and I'm DR-C - and I raced clean as hell and finished 3rd.

I barely slid at all. It's actually difficult to slide it, I found, unless you're just pinning the throttle all the time.
For me it was the opposite: You had to go full throttle if you want any sense of stability; if not the car is twitchy 99% of the time
I qualified 8th (Which was actually fun because the whole field had a gap of only 1.5 seconds), first lap went to 3/4th battling with someone, then it wall went downhill :lol:
Ended up 11th after messing up the last corner 55% of the time and after 2 spins from 2 bumps
 
To me the trick to racing a kart is instead of sliding, you try Point & Shoot kind of driving style, making the corners very square-ish.
 
Karts just don't work on this game on a wheel and are completely unrealistic, I hoped in the beta it was a problem they would fix for the full game but seems either PD don't care or for some reason think karts should handle that badly.
 
Karts on Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile ll are amazing (On DS4 anyway).
It takes a few laps to "get it" but once you do those things fly round corners.
 
i used to play karts all the time on DS4 before I got my G29 and I can agree with all of the above posters, karting on a wheel is just a waste of time. even with CSA and ASM you just cant beat the DS4
 
Turn on countersteering assist, it helps.

Completely agree. Lowering the settings on my wheel helped a bit too. I find karts to be really fun, but nearly impossible to drive without CSA on. Major props to the people racing these with no assists.

*edited for grammar
 
Turn on countersteering assist, it helps.
Exactly what I did :)
As well as turning TCS to 1 on the last corner for the later part of the race
I didn't need to brake at all outside of the hairpins. Just half-throttle your way around the corners. Worked well enough for me.
True this^
To me the trick to racing a kart is instead of sliding, you try Point & Shoot kind of driving style, making the corners very square-ish.
How do you point the kart though? It's very twitchy and wobbly without the throttle, and braking other than the hairpin will cost over a second, unless I'm wrong (and hopefully so, maybe point & shoot is my style for karts so I'd want to know how to do it)
 
Last edited:
If you use controller driving carts, turn the sensitivity down all the way, stay on the gas and use the brake to slow but stay on the gas (trail brake) and keep the rpms down. Have fun.
 
Back